How do I promote my gig? Any help is appreciated

prestons_yt

Here’s a useful post on the topic. Check it out if you haven’t already!

In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

• 2 months later...

So I have come to Fiverr mainly because of the fact that I can not make money due to the coronavirus. I created a gig a while back, but never got any buyers. My gig is about editing and retouching photos through Lightroom. Its one of the only things I am good at. Any way to get my gig out there?

dang kinda depressing

Even if this virus were not a thing now, your Gigs are up against literally thousands of others who offer the same service. This is why you are having a hard time getting any traction. You have to either put together a portfolio of your own work to show why they should choose you to retouch photos or whatever else it is you do. Thing is, a lot of people can already edit or retouch their own photos, so that isn’t necessarily a hot seller. Do a search for the type of Gig you offer and look at your competition - the thousands of them and see why their Gig looks more clickable and buyer friendly than yours does.

GG

You can search the forum for some good advice. Here are a couple links to start:

Suggestions on behalf of FontHaunt: Posting about your need for Orders/Buyers? (feel free to refer to this post): If you are reading this now and you just posted or plan to post asking about more orders, your first order, no orders, how to get buyers, advice, or tips - check out these ideas. Every single day there are many posts just asking for tips on how to get orders. If you actually read the posts and answers, you’ll find that most of these people don’t have an unusual question or a specia…
In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

Even if this virus were not a thing now, your Gigs are up against literally thousands of others who offer the same service. This is why you are having a hard time getting any traction. You have to either put together a portfolio of your own work to show why they should choose you to retouch photos or whatever else it is you do. Thing is, a lot of people can already edit or retouch their own photos, so that isn’t necessarily a hot seller. Do a search for the type of Gig you offer and look at your competition - the thousands of them and see why their Gig looks more clickable and buyer friendly than yours does.

GG

I agree! It is easy to blame the Corona virus for everything, but the truth of the matter is, if you are good at what you are offering you still be getting orders.

I have been flooded with orders in the last week and are, in fact, now overbooked as we speak.

I am not blowing my own horn, but please stop blaming external circumstances!

Read the advice here on the forum and keep growing. Adjust your gigs, your pricing. Aim to provide the best service. Give 10% more than what is expected of you. It might take a while, but your perseverance will pay off.

Most of sellers doesn’t have orders now because of Covid-19.

Most of sellers doesn’t have orders now because of Covid-19.

Not true. Yes there are sellers that have orders, like me. We work on digital products, as a lot of people are at home, they actually need our services.

Of course there are some categories and freelancers that are impacted, but you cannot generalise

I agree! It is easy to blame the Corona virus for everything, but the truth of the matter is, if you are good at what you are offering you still be getting orders.

I have been flooded with orders in the last week and are, in fact, now overbooked as we speak.

I am not blowing my own horn, but please stop blaming external circumstances!

Read the advice here on the forum and keep growing. Adjust your gigs, your pricing. Aim to provide the best service. Give 10% more than what is expected of you. It might take a while, but your perseverance will pay off.

Ill lower my prices too! hopefully that also works 😃

• 2 weeks later...

Archived