Random Chit Chat About Writing Gigs

gina_riley2

I need some inspiration in writing my next book, series, or novella; depending how the story develops. 😉

So, I’m thinking about hiring someone on 5r to get or find local legends on dark romance. I’m not sure if I want to hire an article writer or a Virtual Assistant.

I want them to jot down some stories they may have heard or know about: tragedy (love story) or evil entity like vampire/werewolf.

I’m not planning on stealing anyone’s story. I’m planning on using it to create my own love story.

So what do you think? Hire a writer, storyteller or VA to just do some research?

Edit: I’m looking at European legends. U.S. has been done to death.

For breadth, I’d probably hire an article writer. I think they would be more capable of a presentation that gives me a good glance at different choices I have for stories. I feel as if an article writer would know the proper elements of a prospective story idea. That would be my choice, but I’ve also never worked with a VA on Fiverr for research, so maybe one of a nice caliber could show out.

For breadth, I’d probably hire an article writer. I think they would be more capable of a presentation that gives me a good glance at different choices I have for stories. I feel as if an article writer would know the proper elements of a prospective story idea. That would be my choice, but I’ve also never worked with a VA on Fiverr for research, so maybe one of a nice caliber could show out.

Well, I was thinking a V.A. could provide me a spreadsheet of stories with columns of country, legend, how it came to be, etc.

I think an author would be too tempted to write a story themselves! 😀

Like you said, an article writer probably is the best choice. I was leaning that way myself. Unfortunately, my best article writers are on vacation, became a PRO or kinda swamped at the mo.

I guess I’ll have to go on the hunt like when I first started here. I need to hire bunch of folks for “test” article.

This is costly and no guarantee I’ll find someone. “SIGH” I guess I may put this project on the back burner.

Well, I was thinking a V.A. could provide me a spreadsheet of stories with columns of country, legend, how it came to be, etc.

Like you said, an article writer probably is the best choice. I was leaning that way myself. Unfortunately, my best article writers are on vacation, became a PRO or kinda swamped at the mo.

I guess I’ll have to go on the hunt like when I first started here. I need to hire bunch of folks for “test” article.

This is costly and no guarantee I’ll find someone. “SIGH” I guess I may put this project on the back burner.

Gina you are fascinating! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe go for the Scandinavian ones? T.V shows like the Witcher have really stirred up interest and there’s an abundance of stories to take inspiration from BUT they may be a tad grim/dark depending on how you interpret.

There are quite a few tragic (love) stories in medieval European sagas which you could certainly find inspiration from, and many are tied to places like castles/ruins that actually and still exist, so you can find a lot of visual material too for inspiration and vivid descriptions.

I love, for example, the Legend of the Feuding Brothers, very tragic though not exactly a love story, but then nobody will say you stole the story if you add one 😉 or the ghost stories like the legend of the White Lady of Berlin Zitadelle. The middle ages and their castles and other haunted places like monasteries are a really good source for romantic tragedy.

There are so many interesting legends that it might even be a pity to let someone else do the research, so if you want to save costs, perhaps just poke around a bit yourself. Once you settled on something, you can still hire someone from that place then to dig deeper if you need or want to.

There are quite a few tragic (love) stories in medieval European sagas which you could certainly find inspiration from, and many are tied to places like castles/ruins that actually and still exist, so you can find a lot of visual material too for inspiration and vivid descriptions.

I love, for example, the Legend of the Feuding Brothers, very tragic though not exactly a love story, but then nobody will say you stole the story if you add one 😉 or the ghost stories like the legend of the White Lady of Berlin Zitadelle. The middle ages and their castles and other haunted places like monasteries are a really good source for romantic tragedy.

There are so many interesting legends that it might even be a pity to let someone else do the research, so if you want to save costs, perhaps just poke around a bit yourself. Once you settled on something, you can still hire someone from that place then to dig deeper if you need or want to.

Those are the type of stuff I’m looking for - snippets of folklore, gossip, old wives tale, etc.

A very good VA might even be able to categorize it.

The problem is finding a suitable writer from those particular regions.

I suppose I could do some research on my own but I was hoping to get some that is not on google.

A ghost of a girl walking the empty halls of an abandoned asylum who was locked away by her jealous twin sister. The love of her life married the wrong girl and died a tragic death. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Archived