Finally some clarity on how spam affects response rate

woofy31

I’ve seen a lot of cases where not responding to spam messages would decrease response rate, even though CS reassured us that spam messages don’t affect response rate.

Apparently there’s a catch to it, so below is a fragment of what CS told me right now:

“It is true that messages that are reported as spam by you are not included in your response rate.”

From that line I can only conclude that:

• spam messages don’t affect you if you are the one reporting a message as spam;
  • spam messages do affect you if you receive them but were already blocked by the system after others have reported them.

Now in the case of the latter, in order to keep my response rate I unmark them as spam, reply with some generic message, then re-report them as spam, which is rather counter-intuitive :roll_eyes:

I’ve seen a lot of cases where not responding to spam messages would decrease response rate, even though CS reassured us that spam messages don’t affect response rate.

Apparently there’s a catch to it, so below is a fragment of what CS told me right now:

“It is true that messages that are reported as spam by you are not included in your response rate.”

• spam messages don’t affect you if you are the one reporting a message as spam;
  • spam messages do affect you if you receive them but were already blocked by the system after others have reported them.

Now in the case of the latter, in order to keep my response rate I unmark them as spam, reply with some generic message, then re-report them as spam, which is rather counter-intuitive :roll_eyes:

I do the same as you, except I don’t re-report them, since they have already been marked as spam by Fiverr. 😇

And because I’m too “lazy”, I also don’t write a message, just “No”. 😅

Hello, stranger! Long time no see you! 🙃

I do the same as you, except I don’t re-report them, since they have already been marked as spam by Fiverr. 😇

Hello, stranger! Long time no see you! 🙃

doggozoom-4006.gif.74feeec829218660920764105d9658aa.gif

except I don’t re-report them, since they have already been marked as spam by Fiverr. 😇

Well, if you don’t re-report them, they’ll be able to spam you again (or even order!) if Fiverr doesn’t block their account (which they rarely do from what I’ve seen)

Hmm :thinking:

This has been my experience. My response rates stopped sinking once I unmarked stuff as spam, responded telling them not to spam me and then remarked them as spam. Quite the efficient and intuitive system.

Archived