Payment outside of Fiverr

samdoyl3

Hi there, without naming names, I have been asked to pay for a gig outside the site via western union as apparently the fiverr payment takes too long to process. This was not discussed before hand and I am very uncomfortable doing this as I would obviously have no security. Is this a common thing? It seems to be a reputable user. Thanks in advance.

Hi there, without naming names, I have been asked to pay for a gig outside the site via western union as apparently the fiverr payment takes too long to process. This was not discussed before hand and I am very uncomfortable doing this as I would obviously have no security. Is this a common thing? It seems to be a reputable user. Thanks in advance.

I have been asked to pay for a gig outside the site via western union as apparently the fiverr payment takes too long to process.

Hi @samdoyl3,

Please contact Fiverr Customer Support, and report the seller.

As @lloydsolutions said, payments outside Fiverr are against Fiverr’s TOS.

You will ban via Fiverr
It’s a violent
you will definitely ban if you send that type of massage.
And it’s not the right way to do. Because you got orders through the fiverr.com site that’s why they have the right to get money from that order.
And my suggestion is please follow the fiverr.com roles.
it will be better for you and other freelancers also.

It seems to be a reputable user.

It’s a scammer. What gives you the impression it’s a reputable user?

I’ve had clients tell me about sellers who do this and it puzzles me why they would agree to it.

It seems to be a reputable user.

It’s a scammer. What gives you the impression it’s a reputable user?

I’ve had clients tell me about sellers who do this and it puzzles me why they would agree to it.

it’s a reputable user?

All the fancy five start reviews of course!! 😁

You will ban via Fiverr

It’s a violent

And it’s not the right way to do. Because you got orders through the fiverr.com site that’s why they have the right to get money from that order.

And my suggestion is please follow the fiverr.com roles.

it will be better for you and other freelancers also.

Please read the first post more carefully. OP is a buyer, not a seller. OP contacted a seller, and that seller wanted to be paid via Western Union.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses, I believed this to be the case and I have not entered into anything outside of the site. For some reason though I have received a ‘strike’ from Fiverr regarding contacting sellers outside the site which I am confused by.

Archived