My Gig Doesn't Show Even When I Browse Through Every Page in the Category

delvianv

Hi All,

I can’t find my Gig anywhere! It doesn’t show at all, even when I browse - not search - the category. I went to the category and scrolled through every page to find it. I thought there may be too many Gigs in the category so I filtered for online sellers, but it still didn’t show up even when there was only 1 page of Gigs. I tried to filter for sellers from my country but my country isn’t even in the list.

I contacted Support, they confirmed that my Gig is active and spoke about optimisation and keywords but as far as I know that is only relevant for search - I browsed through the whole category, I didn’t search. I also tried browsing for it anonymously because I obviously can’t buy from myself but it still didn’t show up.

I’m aware that other people are experiencing the same issue but they don’t explain all the steps they took to find their Gig so I assume they just searched for it. Is it normal to not find it if I went through all the steps that I did?

Regards,
Delvian

I have the exact same problem with one of my gigs. It doesn’t show up in it’s category.

I gave up after several back-and-forth messages with CS, and just made sure that the category name was one of my tags. I still get ‘views’ ‘impressions’ and ‘clicks’ and that’s enough for me. I’ve got a job that takes priority over freelance work.

It up to you if you want to pursue it more.

That said:

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea.
Fiverr allows three images per gig, maybe add more? If you add more images, be sure to check the thumbnails from your profile. Fiverr tends to cropped them oddly.
Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (Basic/Standard have the same ‘perks’ but are different. Use the description to say more on how.)

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea.

Fiverr allows three images per gig, maybe add more? If you add more images, be sure to check the thumbnails from your profile. Fiverr tends to cropped them oddly.

Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (Basic/Standard have the same ‘perks’ but are different. Use the description to say more on how.)

Thanks for your advice. At least you can see it 🙂

I updated my Gig with more pictures, I couldn’t find a video. It’s difficult to explain what I do with pictures and video. I edited the package descriptions to be more detailed but I’m sticking with unlimited revisions because I want my clients to be 100% satisfied, but I do say it’s only for minor things in the Gig description. I also changed the title to be a little more descriptive and used wording I think people will search for.

I’m thinking about making more Gigs for specific types of apps as well. Thanks again for your advice.

Hey, I’m a new guy. I also found that my gig can’t be searched by category. Then I added my category to the search tag. Guess what happened? I found it again …
I am not sure if this is a problem. According to my personal understanding, I have added this category, and I should not add a search tag to be searched. 👀

Hey, I’m a new guy. I also found that my gig can’t be searched by category. Then I added my category to the search tag. Guess what happened? I found it again …

I am not sure if this is a problem. According to my personal understanding, I have added this category, and I should not add a search tag to be searched. 👀

Thanks for your feedback @jint_hwang, but even that doesn’t work for me!

I have the exact same problem with one of my gigs. It doesn’t show up in it’s category.

I gave up after several back-and-forth messages with CS, and just made sure that the category name was one of my tags. I still get ‘views’ ‘impressions’ and ‘clicks’ and that’s enough for me. I’ve got a job that takes priority over freelance work.

It up to you if you want to pursue it more.

That said:

Which one is it? (+20)

Which one is it? (+20)

Beta Reader.

If you go directly to the category from the drop-down menu options, there’re only 25ish gigs in the category. When you search for ‘beta reader,’ there’re FAR more results.

The two screenshots CS sent me to ‘prove it was there’, first one was a search, second was from a ‘pro’ account. Second one was why I gave up.

Even when I clear cache and use different browser, my gig doesn’t show unless searched.

(What is ‘+20’? I’ve seen that a few times but haven’t been able to figure that one out from context. Is it shorthand for 'please respond with more than twenty characters/words?)

Beta Reader.

If you go directly to the category from the drop-down menu options, there’re only 25ish gigs in the category. When you search for ‘beta reader,’ there’re FAR more results.

The two screenshots CS sent me to ‘prove it was there’, first one was a search, second was from a ‘pro’ account. Second one was why I gave up.

Even when I clear cache and use different browser, my gig doesn’t show unless searched.

(What is ‘+20’? I’ve seen that a few times but haven’t been able to figure that one out from context. Is it shorthand for 'please respond with more than twenty characters/words?)

Beta Reader.

Let me try and see if I have any luck.

Oh, it’s just for filling characters. If your post doesn’t have at least 20, the system won’t let it go through.

So, if you ever get to that point where you get the notice about the minimum required, just write “(+20)” or post one emoji next to the text - although sometimes you might need two of them.

Beta Reader.

Let me try and see if I have any luck.

Oh, it’s just for filling characters. If your post doesn’t have at least 20, the system won’t let it go through.

So, if you ever get to that point where you get the notice about the minimum required, just write “(+20)” or post one emoji next to the text - although sometimes you might need two of them.

:woman_facepalming:

Oh.

I was WAY overthinking that one.

Thanks.

Also, thank you for taking time to glance at the ‘Beta Reader’ Category.

(Also, since I went there to get the link, GASP! 19 gigs! It’s lost people!

:woman_facepalming:

Oh.

I was WAY overthinking that one.

Thanks.

Also, thank you for taking time to glance at the ‘Beta Reader’ Category.

(Also, since I went there to get the link, GASP! 19 gigs! It’s lost people!

Sorry @imagination7413, no luck. Your Gig doesn’t show, even without specifying genre. 😕

Maybe you should delete it, remake it (but with a different image), and see what happens.

By the way, you don’t show online.

Archived