Tips from Sellers

shanudez123

I watched your gig video and it was good. My only advice is as follows… Try being more specific in describing what you do, and tailor your gig offer to one specific task. This might mean creating new gigs that only focus on one thing.

What I mean is, your gig currently offers “Data Entry” and covers a wide array of services (Excel data, Word typing, PDF creation, file conversion…). Instead of having 1 gig that covers all those things, maybe you should have multiple gigs that each focus on just one thing. In other words, create a separate gig for Excel work, another gig for file conversion, another gig for Word typing.

If you aren’t convinced, then think about how people will find you. If someone comes to Fiverr and wants to hire someone to convert an Excel spreadsheet to a PDF, their search terms will probably be something like:

“convert excel to pdf”
“export spreadsheet to pdf”

Now, if they’ve just searched for those terms, which of the following gigs do you think they will more likely click on:

Gig 1: “I will do any type of data entry work”

Gig 2: “I will convert your Excel spreadsheet to PDF”

I think you’d agree they are more likely to select gig #2 because it’s title more closely matches what they searched for.

Also, if you are super specific in your gig offer, pricing that gig becomes easier as well.

I hope that helps… good luck!

Rob.
themaritimer

I watched your gig video and it was good. My only advice is as follows… Try being more specific in describing what you do, and tailor your gig offer to one specific task. This might mean creating new gigs that only focus on one thing.

What I mean is, your gig currently offers “Data Entry” and covers a wide array of services (Excel data, Word typing, PDF creation, file conversion…). Instead of having 1 gig that covers all those things, maybe you should have multiple gigs that each focus on just one thing. In other words, create a separate gig for Excel work, another gig for file conversion, another gig for Word typing.

If you aren’t convinced, then think about how people will find you. If someone comes to Fiverr and wants to hire someone to convert an Excel spreadsheet to a PDF, their search terms will probably be something like:

“convert excel to pdf”

“export spreadsheet to pdf”

Now, if they’ve just searched for those terms, which of the following gigs do you think they will more likely click on:

Gig 1: “I will do any type of data entry work”

Gig 2: “I will convert your Excel spreadsheet to PDF”

I think you’d agree they are more likely to select gig #2 because it’s title more closely matches what they searched for.

Also, if you are super specific in your gig offer, pricing that gig becomes easier as well.

I hope that helps… good luck!

Rob.

themaritimer

Woow amazing idea… 😍 I never though about that. I really appreciate your advice. I will definitely do as you say… thank you so much for your time and for your great advice. I was really worried about how i should improve. This means so much. Thank you again… 🙂

I agree that the video is pretty good, but always keep in mind how it will look as a thumbnail. Some of the text is too small to read, and/or not up long enough to read. Same with two of the images.

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% satisfaction guarantee is also risky.)
Fiverr doesn’t like it when their logo is used in gig images. (TOS)

I agree that the video is pretty good, but always keep in mind how it will look as a thumbnail. Some of the text is too small to read, and/or not up long enough to read. Same with two of the images.

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% satisfaction guarantee is also risky.)

Fiverr doesn’t like it when their logo is used in gig images. (TOS)

Thank you for your advice… I’m definitely fixing my shortcomings… 🙂

Archived