Can we see buyer review without giving him review?

hamzajaani

is it possible to see the review which the buyer has to give us without giving buyer review? First I want to see the review of buyer so I can give review back to him because he was asking to cancel the order without any order and I asked him to open dispute. He completed the order and now doesn’t replying my messages. I want to check the review because it can affect my profile.

• Like 8

No you can’t do that.

The review is already submitted by your buyer and if it’s a negative one it has already affected your profile.

You should try working with your buyer next time instead of suggesting that they open a dispute. Especially if the order was delivered.

I have 0 information to go on but sounds like things went south.

Being able to read the review wouldn’t do you any good either. What is the best possible outcome you were hoping for in that scenario? That if it’s a negative review you can reply with a negative review of your own?

What good would that do?

• Like 5

You can just wait about 10 days for the buyer’s review to get shown anyway. You can then reply to that review, which will show under the buyer’s review on the gig page (but the review won’t show on the buyer’s profile).

Umm you can’t reply to a review once the time window to submit your review has passed.

If they wait the ten days then they will be stuck with whatever review was submitted plus no rebuttal

• Like 5

No you can’t do that.

The review is already submitted by your buyer and if it’s a negative one it has already affected your profile.

You should try working with your buyer next time instead of suggesting that they open a dispute. Especially if the order was delivered.

I have 0 information to go on but sounds like things went south.

Being able to read the review wouldn’t do you any good either. What is the best possible outcome you were hoping for in that scenario? That if it’s a negative review you can reply with a negative review of your own?

What good would that do?

Thanks for adding. 👍

• Like 1

Umm you can’t reply to a review once the time window to submit your review has passed.

If they wait the ten days then they will be stuck with whatever review was submitted plus no rebuttal

I replied to a buyer’s review (4 star) but only once I had seen it which was about 10 days after the buyer had written that review. My review doesn’t appear on the buyer’s profile, just on the gig page.

edit: Maybe you’re right it shouldn’t have let me do that because the TOS says:

Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.

Maybe it was a bug that it let me do it, but it did. I just saw the option to reply to the review at the bottom of the order page after it appeared and so I used the option that it give me. If that’s not okay with the TOS it shouldn’t have asked me to reply to the review.

I checked the latest order and though the option to reply is there (the text entry box) the option to submit the reply (share response button) is greyed out. edit2: No it becomes enabled if you type enough into the box - so I could do the same thing with the latest order if I wanted (that was reviewed 13 days ago, even though it shows as 3 days ago) - I could respond to it even though I sent no blind review.

• Like 1

I replied to a buyer’s review (4 star) but only once I had seen it which was about 10 days after the buyer had written that review. My review doesn’t appear on the buyer’s profile, just on the gig page.

edit: Maybe you’re right it shouldn’t have let me do that because the TOS says:

Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.

Maybe it was a bug that it let me do it, but it did. I just saw the option to reply to the review at the bottom of the order page after it appeared and so I used the option that it give me. If that’s not okay with the TOS it shouldn’t have asked me to reply to the review.

I checked the latest order and though the option to reply is there (the text entry box) the option to submit the reply (share response button) is greyed out. edit2: No it becomes enabled if you type enough into the box - so I could do the same thing with the latest order if I wanted (that was reviewed 13 days ago, even though it shows as 3 days ago) - I could respond to it even though I sent no blind review.

The main reason behind the blind review system is so that we are forced to review the other party without being able to read what they wrote about us.

Maybe the 10 day rule is for submitting a review and replying to a review has a longer window?

• Like 5

The main reason behind the blind review system is so that we are forced to review the other party without being able to read what they wrote about us.

Maybe the 10 day rule is for submitting a review and replying to a review has a longer window?

Maybe the 10 day rule is for submitting a review and replying to a review has a longer window

Yes I think that seems to be the case (I’m not sure if it always has been or maybe it’s a new thing).

• Like 1

I think that’s a great feature in Fiverr. It helps to give our honest feeling about the buyer and selling experience. Otherwise our recommendation will become biased.

In relation to this specific case, what’s the good you will have if user has reviewed you bad? There is nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...