Revision request "rejected"? [ARCHIVED]

mmolly

Hello, I have a question regarding a gig I purchased recently. Long story short, gig was for two (2) logos. I received both for review and requested one to be modified, and for both to be on transparent backgrounds. The seller made the change on the one very quickly. I was satisfied with the look of the two logos.

I originally requested both in .PSD format. Right now, I have one in .PNG with transparent and the other in .JPG on white. So I sent him another revision request asking for both in .PSD, as originally requested, and on transparent backgrounds. Now the gig is marked as “Rejected”. It’s still “Active”, so I can’t leave feedback or request cancellation. Is this normal??

Reply to @mmolly: if delivery was not as agreed, you are right asking for a revision; if instead delivery was as agreed but you need to ask for an improvement, revision is definitely wrong! The reason is that when a buyer asks for a revision actually the order is rejected as you can see, so gig clock restarts ticking and the delivery could go late, which could be bad for seller ratings.

I know, you buyers are not informed about this, but now that you are, please don’t abuse of revisions 😃

Reply to @mark74: Thanks for that info. I had no idea that a revision had negative impact on the sellers. I simply thought it was asking for a change(s). I will keep that in mind for future jobs.

I’m a PhotoShop newbie, which is why I’m paying for this, rather than create it myself. Yet, even I was able to use to background eraser to clear the white background myself. It would be a simple matter for him to change the format to .PSD, as I originally requested, and to make transparent. I still haven’t received any response from the seller. I really don’t know why. Owell, we will see.

Reply to @nickiburton: no, it’s not the key for the success 🙂

It’s just part of our community life: we love this site and we like to help others for what we can! The best ones are nominated sheriffs, so they can help moderators.

But remember that the most important part is being good sellers, polite and honest with buyers, maintain an high standard and have very good feedbacks!

@nickiburton

Hi,

You have orders in queue and some good feedback. Why are you struggling?

Many of your gig photos (IMO) are not representative of the gig.

Your gig description says “I will”, “I am”, “I assure” and “I believe”, however in your video you say “We’re a (word I can’t understand) web publishing agency…” So are you an “I” or are you a “we”?

If you’re an “Experienced online writer. … offering the absolute best writing service.”, have you considered rewriting your gig descriptions to be more about the buyers and what they get, and less about you?

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @nickiburton: umm no its not the secret to success. But yes it can help sales slightly, from my experience. Most TRS want this site to run better and to do that you need to have informed buyers and sellers and they are simply the only ones that can help. With out them constantly posting on the forum. The website would not be nearly as functional and buyers/ sellers would be much more ignorant.

• 1 year later...
Guest luckyk367

Hi dear,
I am working as a seller on fiverr . But when i am posting request for work fiverr rejecting my post request please tell me where i am doing mistake

Your mistake is that buyer requests is not a place for sellers to request work. It is for buyers to post things that they want to buy. You respond to those requests with your gigs. Buyers can ignore you if they don’t like your offer, so it can take lots of tries. You will see some other sellers trying to post their own “ads” there and they sometimes slip through, but they are wasting their time.

By the way, I would strongly recommend you read this post carefully: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/tips-for-sellers-who-are-not-native-english-speakers/

I’v just realized that “Buyers request” will be interpreted by many non native English speakers as “Request Buyers” due to the different sentence structure of many languages.
For example, In Irish - “fear beag” means small man.
“Fear” means “man”, “beag” means “small” - man small.

If Fiverr were to apply a small tweak to the name of the Buyers requests section it could cut out a lot of the incorrect posts.

• 9 months later...

Please tell me one of my question’s answer that i got the client from Buyers contact Option and make a deal with him.And he gave me the task to do as decided and i do as he said but he is continuously rejected with the help of revision tool. What i have to do.
Should i contact with Customer support …??

Please let me know if anyone can help me

If you have the PNG-file with transparant background an you want it in PSD-format with transparant background, you just have to load the PNG into Photoshop and save it as PSD.
What’s the problem with that?
In the worst case just go into Photoshop create a new file. Double click on the background layer and make it totally transparant. Then you load the PNG separately and drag it into the new file you just created. The PNG with the transparant layer now is in the layer above the transparant background layer and you are done. Just save the whole thing as PSD.

Does the seller charge extra for delivering a psd file? In that case, you might have to purchase a gig extra, he can send you a custom offer. Or you can do a screen grab, request a refund, and hire someone else.

Personally, I can’t believe a seller would reject an easy request like that. It takes a seconds to click deliver and deliver a psd file. I wish the revision requests I got were that easy.

Someone is selling joints on Fiverr? 😉 On a serious note, it is hard to understand your posts. If you want to be effective on the forum you may have to work on your wording. The same thing might be true with buyers (although I’m only guessing) so this is just gentle advice, not intended to give you a hard time.

I have to do this all the time for buyers who send me their “transparent” files to include this in their PR. It runs both ways. It also takes seconds to rectify. Lately though, if people I rude they just get the original ugly PNG.

“not my job wat I pay u to do”. Consider that those who charge more go thru thoughtful touches and add this. Which is worse more than the extra $5 or whatever.

I am by no means a Ps expert, but I can handle basic stuff. That’s worth a lot together with my other skills. Your job is to be a clear communicator, not a moaner.

Being a PS newbie is no excuse.

EDIT: not you, Dutchman…

I sincerely doubt it. People get confused sometimes. When the mods see them they are usually closed, but if there are new questions on them sometimes they are left alone for a day or two in case an answer is given. Since this one looks as dead as it should be (again) it will be archived now. 🙂

Archived