Hello! American in Germany, new to Fiverr!

kelseyrrr

Hi everyone, I just joined fiverr at the recommendation of another freelancer and I’m really crossing my fingers for a good experience! I’m looking at transitioning out of corporate work and finding my own way in the next couple of years, so I’m here to work, network, learn - and help others do the same, as much as possible!

While I work professionally in supply chain right now, my freelance gigs are focused on creative writing, editing, and marketing.

I look forward to connecting with you and hearing from you all - where do you come from? How long have you been on fiverr? What are your goals for the upcoming year?

Best wishes to you all! -kelseyrrr

Hi everyone, I just joined fiverr at the recommendation of another freelancer and I’m really crossing my fingers for a good experience! I’m looking at transitioning out of corporate work and finding my own way in the next couple of years, so I’m here to work, network, learn - and help others do the same, as much as possible!

While I work professionally in supply chain right now, my freelance gigs are focused on creative writing, editing, and marketing.

I look forward to connecting with you and hearing from you all - where do you come from? How long have you been on fiverr? What are your goals for the upcoming year?

Welcome to the Fiverr forum, Kelseyrrr! 🙂

It’s nice to meet you.

where do you come from? How long have you been on fiverr? What are your goals for the upcoming year?

I’m from London. I’ve been a buyer on Fiverr for a couple of years. I haven’t bought anything recently, though, so my account looks a bit dormant. I’m worried one of these days somebody from Fiverr will throw me off the site – sort of like how restaurant owners throw you out when you’re not spending enough cash. 😅

What are your goals for the upcoming year?

What a fantastic question to ask on a forum. 🙂

I want to create a Fiverr gig. I also want to buy more gigs, but that would mean dedicating more time to personal projects, and I’m a bit short on that at the moment.

so I’m here to work, network, learn

“and school work.”

You need to remove the above (copied) from your gig description as helping with academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Hi Kelsey!

I’m a 22 year old British freelancer doing voice acting, been here for just over a year now. I went from being a Christmas elf with a law degree I wasn’t using to working full time from home with over 1,000 orders, and I’ve never been happier about my work situation. While it’s full of ups and downs, freelancing has been a great experience for me and I hope it is for you too! Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Fiverr forum, Kelseyrrr! 🙂

It’s nice to meet you.

where do you come from? How long have you been on fiverr? What are your goals for the upcoming year?

I’m from London. I’ve been a buyer on Fiverr for a couple of years. I haven’t bought anything recently, though, so my account looks a bit dormant. I’m worried one of these days somebody from Fiverr will throw me off the site – sort of like how restaurant owners throw you out when you’re not spending enough cash. 😅

What are your goals for the upcoming year?

What a fantastic question to ask on a forum. 🙂

I want to create a Fiverr gig. I also want to buy more gigs, but that would mean dedicating more time to personal projects, and I’m a bit short on that at the moment.

Nice! What would your first gig be?

Hi Kelsey!

I’m a 22 year old British freelancer doing voice acting, been here for just over a year now. I went from being a Christmas elf with a law degree I wasn’t using to working full time from home with over 1,000 orders, and I’ve never been happier about my work situation. While it’s full of ups and downs, freelancing has been a great experience for me and I hope it is for you too! Best of luck!

Hey! That’s great to hear, I didn’t realize voice acting was a popular gig. Two friends of mine back home are voice actors - I’ll have to let them know it’s an option. Thanks for sharing!

I would be curious to see what your reception here is long term. I always wondered if an American abroad could do well here. I know people look at country listed when buying as well as Language. Best of luck!

Thank you! That’s a good point and I wonder if I could switch and use my home-home address instead if it turns out to be the reason my gigs are slow to get off the ground… Some light reading into the T&C’s might be in my future!

Thank you! That’s a good point and I wonder if I could switch and use my home-home address instead if it turns out to be the reason my gigs are slow to get off the ground… Some light reading into the T&C’s might be in my future!

Hope you can, but good call reading TOS first. I think it is a dicey area. It may go by location as in where you are physically.

Archived