How to know you have the right Seller?

barrelofmonkeys

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 10:15 PM, amantu_amir said:

Review is not a factor because a top rated seller wasn't any review once.

Completely wrong. Reviews are there to guide buyers as to what to expect. When you order fuzzy slippers from Amazon, do you read the reviews? The fact is that the best way to get a good seller is to look for people with great reviews. Otherwise you are gambling. I'm not saying that a Level 1 seller won't be good, but I'm saying you have a much greater chance of getting a good product from a TRS.  That is kinda the whole point.  

• Like 37
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Check the reviews
Some of the reviews are just boop 5 stars and a tiny generic description. If you’re not entirely sure, see what they say. If they are all the same generic ones then maybe want to dig further before you hire them.

Also check the bad reviews. It might reveal the nature of the person.

• Like 35
  • Up 1

Firstly, pay attention to the Seller's rating + reviews. Of course it's the easiest and most obvious way to get yourself the best Seller. But there's an important fact that you need to consider. There are some real professionals, I mean studios, businesses, etc. that have just entered on Fiverr. Even though they don't have such ratings and reviews it doesn't mean that you'll receive a bad result working with them. They have a rich experience and maybe will do their jo even better compared to others! We are such studio that created videos such as explainers, animations, etc. We have 10+ years of rich experience. But we  are just new on Fiverr. Please give us our first work and we'll prove that we're pro!

• Like 35
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only speak from my seller experience but I know that being and maintaining a Top Rated Seller status is challenging. Although there are many fantastic sellers in all levels, this is the level of earned professionals within Fiverr. The Top Rated Sellers are hand picked by Fiverr only after reaching the last technical milestone and they must maintain their behavior to keep the TRS level. Not all sellers who reach the technical numbers will move forward to be a TRS.

I say behavior because it’s not just about technical skills, it’s about treating the customers with respect and dignity. I will not accept a new buyer if they won’t engage with me during the beginning chats because it takes communication to successfully work on a freelance platform. 

I hope this is helpful.

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, barrelofmonkeys said:
  1. Message them.
    For real, if you’re not sure if they can do your job, just go and message them. I love it when I get messaged because I know I can help iron out any other details that may be holding the seller back like certain voices or different accents or that kind of thing

In my experience as a seller, messaging the seller is one of the most valid ways to assess the seller. Naturally, humans work better when there is direct communication between them. No matter how good a gig description may be, it is always better to have a conversation with your sellers.

All the same, thanks for sharing.

• Like 29
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You can identify through multiple ways that whether the seller is good fit for you or not

Communication: It is key to know about the person and it's proficiency in their skills. Your 60% research will end up here

Work samples: It is important to collect some samples from the sellers related to your work.

Feedbacks: Just go through the reviews and feedbacks of sellers and also ready some negative reviews so you will know about the pros and cons of a seller.

• Like 12

When you’re ready to hire a seller, you should know what to look for. Find a seller who has the right experience, the right style, and the right attitude for your project. And don’t be afraid to ask questions. If the seller has the right experience, they’ll be able to provide some context for your project features and functionality.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lena locked this topic