Fiverr in 2020 - What you want for improvement?

manual_writer

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Count your blessings. At least you don’t get every passive aggressive on earth messaging you with implied questions that you are going to cause great harm to them if they buy your gig even though they are saying repeatedly they are about to do just that.

A change I’d like to see in Fiverr 2020 is better guidelines when making portfolio samples. When I first got on the site, I struggled with what dimensions and file extensions to use if the client chose to showcase the work. It was a toss-up of making files too big and losing quality or making them too small and losing quality. Four years later and I’m better at gauging but not by much.

Since we’re unable to edit our portfolio at the risk of losing credibility with buyers, this is all the more reason to properly have these set the first (and only) time around. It would’ve been nice if there was a sort of support box on the order page, like the resolution center. It could compile recommended dimensions for different extensions that Fiverr can process properly.

At the very least, allow us to preview how the work would look, sound, and function on the portfolio so we can adjust them better. 😒

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If sellers have no consequences for canceling orders, then they will cancel orders whenever they suspect they will not get a 5 review.

Sellers product quality is reflected in the review in most cases. Sellers work for money, for getting more work they want to deliver the best. A seller would cancel a ready order just in expectation of a bad review is too generalized thought. Sellers absolutely have no control on the buyers’ review.

The Mutual Cancellations system needs to be reworked. Has done since they introduced the levels change.

Cancellations that need to happen should not affect the sellers completion rate.

• Customer asks for things that aren’t offered on the gig page.

• Customer placed a duplicate order.

• Customer is just a complete monster to work for.

Fortunately the last is a very rare occurrence for me but we’ve all had them and we should be able to simply cancel off those sorts of orders if we want to without being punished. Look at all those threads over the past year where desperate sellers have come to the forum asking how to deal with a nightmare customer because their hands are completely tied? “Should I lose money or should I lose my rating?!” - Shouldn’t be that way.

I get that some fly-by-night sellers game the system to avoid poor reviews but that wasn’t an excuse to implement a policy that causes unnecessary aggro for those of us trying to make an honest living.

That’s my hope for 2020 anyway, although I’m not holding my breath - They’ve promised they’d do something about it for years now and nothing has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else here find they waste time trying to find invoices in Fiverr (for bookkeeping/accounting purposes)? I’m trying to find allies to vote up my suggestion to bring Fiverr in line with the UX of Facebook. Check it out, please:

In the USA and Canada, small businesses have to do their own accounting. That means if we pay for a gig on Fiverr, we need to attached an “Invoice” (proof of purchase) to, say, a VISA charge inside of an accounting program like Quickbooks or Xero. Fivver’s current tools are painful to use, unclear and TIME CONSUMING. Charges are unclear, there’s no PDF to download, charges on your site differ than what are on VISA statement. Please, magical web developers, take a page out of Facebook Ad’s syste…

I’ve been on about this in this forum for a while now, but I’d really like to be able to change my username–or to keep transparency and continuity, I’d like a display/company name separate from my profile username.

People don’t pay much attention to your username. It’s not that important to them.

I like your username.

I want there to be a way to report buyer requests. Phishing attempts or malware (though rare), sellers trying to advertise their services, and an (also rare) ultra inappropriate post. I may be able to remove them from my view but it does not let Fiverr know that something bad is in there.

I want there to be a way to report buyer requests. Phishing attempts or malware (though rare), sellers trying to advertise their services, and an (also rare) ultra inappropriate post. I may be able to remove them from my view but it does not let Fiverr know that something bad is in there.

Buyer’s Requests seems to be a free-for-all which is a bulletin board that would require constant policing if fiverr wanted to do that. It’s not a priority.

I would like to see an auto charge feature for revisions. There are sellers that charge for extra revisions once the free ones are used up but some buyers keep requesting revisions but aren’t charged for them.

A revamp of Buyers Request with room and features for buyers to spell out what it is they’re looking for plus a dedicated image/doc viewer so we’re not having to download attachments. Plus the ability to view all requests like it was back in the day before the change.

Better charge back protections would be nice. Even if you can’t prevent them, there should be a way to stop it from auto clearing; like a confirmation code of sorts after order is marked complete.

A universal clock on the order page so both buyer and seller can see how much time is left till order is complete.

Consistent support responses for site inquiries and issues.

Thought of something else while looking over some things. Detailed transactions. I know asking for an invoice feature isn’t going to happen but having a detailed transaction list will be of great help. Questions are going to get asked, especially by those who aren’t familiar with the site, when they see you sell your services for x-amount but only received y-amount.

• 3 months later...

I think the most thing that need to be changed is the reviewing system because if the buyer suddenly reviewed a low rating. It affects the seller’s reputation and the seller won’t be able to get any orders. So there should be any option in which the buyer could be able change whenever he or she wishes as well as the seller could complaint if he gets low rating.

• 1 month later...

I came here to mention one seemingly small thing, but ended up hearting a few other comments along the way.

Anyhow, what I’d like to see is a Back To Top button. Some of my order conversations get very long, and since the header menu is not sticky, if I need to navigate away from the convo for something, I have to drag the scroll bar all the way to the top of the page to start moving around the site again.

Along that note, a “Jump to Recent” for order conversations would be handy, too.

I suppose these navigation issues might be remedied by a Desktop Application, tho…

Archived