Not sure if this message is spam?

moonglademarket

Hello everyone! I am new here and was excited to get my first message today, just now.

But I think it’s spam. They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words). I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but the message also says “It is not scammer” and that just raises a red flag.

Thoughts?

Edit: they also state that they like my portfolio, but I haven’t uploaded one yet, lol. :roll_eyes:

Hello everyone! I am new here and was excited to get my first message today, just now.

But I think it’s spam. They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words). I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but the message also says “It is not scammer” and that just raises a red flag.

Thoughts?

Edit: they also state that they like my portfolio, but I haven’t uploaded one yet, lol. :roll_eyes:

They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words).

Edit: Oof, I asked which services interested them and they responded with a general “click this link to see what I want” kind of deal. 99% sure it’s spam. 😑

Definitely a scam.

If you wish to be 100% sure, politely inform them that, as per Fiverr’s Terms of Service, all the information and materials exchange must go through Fiverr, so unless they’re able to send you everything via Fiverr and tell you exactly what they need from you, you’re sorry, but you can’t help them.

If they stay vague, report that message, block them, and let Customer Support deal with them.

They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words).

Edit: Oof, I asked which services interested them and they responded with a general “click this link to see what I want” kind of deal. 99% sure it’s spam. 😑

Definitely a scam.

If you wish to be 100% sure, politely inform them that, as per Fiverr’s Terms of Service, all the information and materials exchange must go through Fiverr, so unless they’re able to send you everything via Fiverr and tell you exactly what they need from you, you’re sorry, but you can’t help them.

If they stay vague, report that message, block them, and let Customer Support deal with them.

Great idea, I think I’ll point that out. Thanks!

I think I’ll go ahead and ask them a few questions. Hoping they’re legit but we’ll see. Thanks for the input!

Oof, I asked which services interested them and they responded with a general “click this link to see what I want” kind of deal. 99% sure it’s spam. 😑

I saw something similar on a buyers request. they wanted anyone who was interested in the job offer to watch and then like a youtube video 🙂

Another update: I got TWO more messages today that were nearly identical to this one. Both by similar usernames too. Such a bummer, here I was thinking I might have my first sale! 😦 It’s seriously discouraging. I know that new sellers are more prone to this nonsense, and I can deal. But it’s still a total bummer.

Thoughts?

I think it’s spam. They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words).

If it walks like a duck, and quakes like a duck it’s spam/scam. Yes most definitely that is a scam message.

I think it’s spam. They use very vague terms and don’t mention any of my services specifically, just that they want to work with me and “you will get paid every month” (their words).

If it walks like a duck, and quakes like a duck it’s spam/scam. Yes most definitely that is a scam message.

Well said! 😂 Words to live by.

Archived