There’s so many people from Asia on Fiverr

elise_arps

I see a lot of people from India, Afghanistan and Pakistan. It’s very interesting. It’s clear that English isn’t their first language which works in my favour because I’m native in the English language. I’m sure they’re great sellers and very reliable. Most of them are from India I think. Well props to them because they get way more orders than I do.

Due to potential negative repercussions by or for buyers and sellers, the moderation team is taking a more cautious approach to posts with content related to any individual country/region or sellers from any specific country/region.

The above is from the: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

It said controversial opinions are ok but hate speech is not. I don’t think I’m being hateful.

I’m sure that for many in India this represents the only opportunity they may have to earn a good income.

This is true in every country actually. There are huge numbers of people who are cut out of the workforce for any type of job due to various reasons.

I love fiverr for the opportunities it brings to those who wouldn’t be able to work any place else, whether in India, USA, or any other country.

• 1 year later...

I am by no means Xenophobic, but in seeking help on Fiverr to promote my Facebook Page and Youtube Channels, everybody who advertises seems to be from Asia. I had a unsuccessful experience with someone from Fiverr last year. After using this person’s services, I suddenly got a brief yet strong influx of likes from people with foreign sounding names. I mention this only because it’s strange I live in America and I’m after an American audience and yet I get quick influx of likes from people likely from another part of the world. I also have no way of knowing if these are all friends of this person or fake accounts.

Archived