7 Things To Consider When Deciding Which Fiverr Seller To Use [ARCHIVED]

smartpad

As buyers, we all want the best seller who will deliver great results for us. Luckily, Fiverr has provided us with plenty of tools, functions and features that when utilized correctly, can help us find the best seller who could make us smile upon receiving our order. The following are strategies that I’m using myself when I try to hire a service from Fiverr. You might already have known and even using some of them. But if you have other tips, please leave them in the comments section:

1. Search Box - start from the search box by entering the service you wanted to get.

2. Sort gigs by - use this feature and try to sort your search results by Rating. Of course, the higher the rating, the quality the gig is. Take special notice of the ones labeled “top-rated seller”. However, you should NOT only stay in the results page, and immediately click the “order now!” button. Take time, to visit the gig description and scroll down to the reviews section.

3. Total Positive Reviews - take note of this figure. This figure is more or less the number of orders this gig has received. So the greater the figure… you know what it means. Take special consideration of this because a gig might be labeled as top rated because it has a perfect rating like 100% but only because it only has 5 total reviews.

4. People Who Collected This Gig - if more people collected the gig, that means something. But be careful with this figure, because, some collect their own gig several times just to make it appealing to buyers or for promotion purposes.

5. Reviews - take time to read or scan-read reviews - they tell something about a gig. Have also the discernment, to know which review is genuine or which one is just a work of a competitor.

6. Days of Delivery - you must consider this when you are concerned with the time-frame of your order delivery.

7. Orders in Queue - I think this is one of the most important factor to consider when deciding for a gig. If you want quality result, this figure can tell if many people have ordered the gig. A 100 figure in this queue should mean 100 people can’t be wrong. However, if you are concerned of the time, or if you’re in a hurry, why would you wait for 100 people before the seller could give attention to your order.

That’s all. I hope you find my tips helpful. Again, if you have other tips, please add them in the comments section.

I’m also inviting you to check out my gigs, especially my best selling spinning gig if you need quality spins.

Have a great day!

PS. Like this post if you like, if not, sorry there’s no “unlike”. LOL

Great post. Not sure if the ration is right, but for me, I receive feedback about 75% of the time on my gigs. So, you could venture to say that if someone shows 75 positive feedbacks, they actually have completed 100 or more gigs. As Madmoo said, the new live portfolio is an exceptional feature. It really helps buyers SEE or HEAR or EXPERIENCE what they will receive.

Guest tn5rr2012

These are great tips and I have analyzed my own feedback just to make sure they reflect the true nature of my family tree gig (which they do) I don’t think I have had a competitor order from me directly but then they may have another fiverr identity they used. I can’t police each order, I just take it a face value and deliver a great product and chart.

It also helps to search your own gig to see how well it shows up in search. Does anyone know if the search is based on the title or, the gig in whole? E.g when searching Fix my computer, if someone has I’ll fix your computer in their description will it effect the searches? Just curious, I’d love to spruce up my gig’s descriptions too.

• 2 years later...
Guest foxyoxy

Fsupanda- when you are making the gig they ask you to put down some tags that describe your gig. If a buyer searches for a term that you put down as a tag, that’s when your gig shows up.

Also for the buyers reading this- Messaging the seller before you buy is a good way to get a feel for them and see if they can deliver the exact service you need. It is also a way to gauge whether or not they are too busy to deliver your order in the time that you want it.

Guest foxyoxy

Fsupanda- when you are making the gig they ask you to put down some tags that describe your gig. If a buyer searches for a term that you put down as a tag, that’s when your gig shows up.

Also for the buyers reading this- Messaging the seller before you buy is a good way to get a feel for them and see if they can deliver the exact service you need. It is also a way to gauge whether or not they are too busy to deliver your order in the time that you want it.

Some great points. Let me add/comment

"2. Sort gigs by Rating"

The above has been talked about a lot on Fiverr forum. Many have contacted Fiverr CS and to be honest, got no where. If you filter by rating, all you have to do is scroll the results and see there are some gigs that have a better rating that are ranked below gigs with less rating. Fiverr CS gives us the standard “we can’t tell you” answer if you inquire. My personal opinion is Fiverr just can’t get this to work like it should and pretty much given up on it.

"7. Orders in Queue"

Hmmm, I may step on some toes, but let me play devils advocate. I’m also a buyer so I have some experience in what i say. Popularity (number of gigs in Queue) may also mean they are overwhelmed and have to keep an eye on fiverr’s clock. They may meet the standards of the gig but it may not meet the standards of that dazzling demo displayed in the gig description. I kind of blame fiverr for this situation. They really should give the seller and buyer more negotiation power when it comes to time. This way if the seller has unexpected scheduling problems they can renegotiate the time to complete the gig. But instead the seller suddenly realizes time is running out and they either rush the job or cancel.

Some of my best experiences has been with new sellers. They are eager to please and usually go above and beyond – and – if you happen to be the only buyer, they have all the time in the world to work on your gig to make sure they dazzle you.

Ok, that’s my 2 cents

I started my Fiverr biz in July and have had almost 200 orders translating between English and Norwegian, and I never use any tools like Google Translate et al. I have quite a few recurring buyers. They keep coming back again and again with new orders, and they have also referred me to colleagues and friends. I suppose this means they are happy with what I’m doing for them 🙂 I got sick once and couldn’t deliver on time. I finished and delivered the gig, and sent the byer an apologetic message, which was received with understanding and graciousness. This buyer is still with me. My experience is that whether you’ll succeed as a Fiverr seller or not, depends on doing excellent work (of course), that buyers are met with courtesy and respect, and honesty. Never ever take on any gigs you are not sure you can deliver, just to make a buck. I have turned down more than one request because they were too large, or I had too many orders in que, or for other reasons. I guess what it boils down to is this: do good work, be patient and you may have a nice source of income here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived