Message and links from suspicious users

christopherm219

So, I have received a lot of messages on a few of my gigs, but none of them are to actually discuss the services I provide. They are all messages from people saying they are in a different county and need my help creating some sort of account or that they need to talk to me over discord or ■■■■■. They also send a link in their message, but I have no idea what it could be so I never click on them.

I can only assume these are scams, but am I the only one getting messages like this?

No I also got one. If they just give a link but won’t actually say what they want/what gig, they’re probably not legit. Also don’t do anything like offsite contact or anything that would be against any terms of service or put your computer at risk. You can report them if you think it’s a scam.

So, I have received a lot of messages on a few of my gigs, but none of them are to actually discuss the services I provide. They are all messages from people saying they are in a different county and need my help creating some sort of account or that they need to talk to me over discord or ■■■■■. They also send a link in their message, but I have no idea what it could be so I never click on them.

I can only assume these are scams, but am I the only one getting messages like this?

No, pretty much everyone is getting them. You’re getting more than some of the others because you’re new, so they’re hoping that you’re naive enough (or desperate enough) to accept without thinking.

Archived