Why does fiverr not delete fake accounts with stolen pictures?

lauramadey

And that you really think that there is the possibility that they’d want more protection for their customers but are legally not allowed is really scary.

It’s scary how many people don’t understand and can’t begin to comprehend how these laws work in spite of having it spelled out in detail.

They cannot set themselves up as judge and jury between two parties. Does that explain it yet? Can you see why? Does it make any sense to you?

The ONLY WAY they can do that legally is if the proper legal procedures are followed.

You still don’t understand.

And of course they can. They do that every day when seller and buyer can’t agree on something.

And of course they could delete fraud accounts and be stricter about copyright violations. They choose not to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still don’t understand.

And of course they can. They do that every day when seller and buyer can’t agree on something.

And of course they could delete fraud accounts and be stricter about copyright violations. They choose not to.

Someone is using a photo. Someone else says hey that’s my photo, you can’t use it. How does fiverr decide who owns it? Answer is they can’t. That is a matter for a judge in a courtroom.

UNLESS the proper documents are filed and done so according to the laws that govern this.

(from Business Law 101)

Someone is using a photo. Someone else says hey that’s my photo, you can’t use it. How does fiverr decide who owns it? Answer is they can’t. That is a matter for a judge in a courtroom.

UNLESS the proper documents are filed and done so according to the laws that govern this.

(from Business Law 101)

Totally agree with @misscrystal on this one. Fiverr is trying their best.

But what you are suggesting @lauramadey is basically as misscrystal said is being a judge and side with one or another party.

A lot of artists don’t fill any official paperwork to file a copyright (and you can’t possibly do that for each of your artworks. I’m an illustrator myself and that’s also one of the problems for me.)

And without an official copyrights filled with an authority and its basically taking a word of one or another person.

Fiverr already doing what they can and deleting accounts or gigs for stolen gig descriptions and stolen pictures of the original creator can show the source files and the gig creator can’t.

*But right now @lauramadey you are just making a noise without proposing a real Solution for this. *

That will bring more value if you come up with a solution, open a ticket with CS and they will send your proposal to a relevant team for a review. Approval and implementation if approximate and possible to implement.Otherwise this thread doesn’t make real sense.

What a logic. You can’t tell a multi million company that they are doing a shitty job, if you don’t offer them a detailed solution for free. Which I already did. More than once.

This ignorance is mind blowing.
Want an example?
Facebook is a platform that makes up their standards of what kind of pictures they tolerate on the platform and they get to choose if a picture stays or goes. Fiverr is well allowed to do the same. As well as any marketplace is allowed to ban certain products, seller and services from their platform, fiverr can choose not to allow sellers who broke the law or the tos once.

Ever heard about an upload filter?
I can’t repeat myself again and again. Account verification, content management, content management software and upload filter could legally minimize any of these problems with fraud and fake accounts to a fraction of what you see now.
Ebay, Facebook marketplace and a lot of other platforms do the same.

Fiverr has the right to delete any picture or account on their platform. They don’t even have to tell you why.
Thinking they do it the way they do now, to follow the law is ignorant.

• 1 year later...

i agree, someone should make this fiverr’s problem. THe last two days i followed it a bit and there was at least 12 profiles seemingly coming from the same company made by the same persons writing using all stolen images in two pages of content. And they become more clever to. So you can’t find them in google search. They mirror images and do other tricks so you don’t see its stolen if you do an image search. They use fake ip’s to act like they are from a country they are not from. Why dont you just require one iD pasport per profile this would solve a lot of this mess. Sure people will still misuse it but not on the scale of today. Its also a small effort to ask from someone that wants to sell things.
Now they just can scam people and if they get caught use a different ip adress to resume.

To take the gig down once the rights holder intervenes is the absolute minimu

I actually already answered your question. They do take gig down after someone reports it and give a warning to seller.

It’s not in fiverrs control if they would create a new gig with another stolen pictures.

All it takes to report that person 2 times and their account will be gone.

To be honest I don’t think it’s a huge obstacle.

And I’m not sure why you ignored my answer and keep ranting that fiverr need to put things in place that already exists and I even described to you how it works.

Exactly… that how it works

Archived