Emoji Game Round 3! 🎪 🌻 🍔

vickiespencer

Well… It seems there’s no other option, so… here I go!!! 😅

g.jpg.e68eb1bd3d895261138eb0a717e5dcd4.jpg

Although the Spanish word “alcatraz” means gannet, in old times it meant seabird (being “alcatraces” its plural), and it derives from the Arabic word “al-qatras”, which in turn means “the one of pompous walking”.

Alcatraz Island, commonly known as Alcatraz, owes its name to the Spanish explorer Juan Manuel Ayala who, in 1775, upon arrival, found an immense colony of seabirds, hence, naming the island “Isla de Alcatraces” (Island of seabirds).

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’re absolutely correct. And may I just say how nice it is to see you answering puzzles. 😉

You get extra credit for giving us a history lesson, too! 📚

And may I just say how nice it is to see you answering puzzles. 😉

Thanks! 😊 But don’t you get accustomed to it! 😅

You get extra credit for giving us a history lesson, too! 📚

:hugs:

Here, my puzzle. It’s suuuuuuuuuuuuper easy!!! 😇

🅰️

🇷🇺

Yaaay! :rofl:

I’m sorry, I just finished editing 2 hours of video… I wish all of you an amazing weekend!

When I look at the puzzle, I’m 😱

I wish all of you an amazing weekend!

You too, Vov. Have a great weekend! 😊

giphy.gif.aecfc846b339a954780fdb357b189c4d.gif

When I look at the puzzle, I’m 😱

😰

😂

I was distracted from providing a hint when I took an accidental Wiki Walk and spotted a Lampshade Hanging, then I found a Self-Demonstrating Article that was Exactly What It Said On The Tin and wanted to investigate, but that risked breaking my Willing Suspension Of Disbelief, so I reminded myself of Bellisario’s Maxim, and quoted the MST3K Mantra to the Forth Wall.

😉

😁
YEAH!

favicon.icoTV Tropes

logo_blue_small.png.f79ca7ba70ff750021cf5c5196a7f67e.png

TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life - TV Tropes

A common complaint of people who take courses like Media or Film studies is that they never look at a TV program, advertisement or film the same way ever again. Analyzing a medium in depth and pulling it apart by the seams teaches you to watch …

Edit: Maybe don’t follow the link. 🛋️

🤤

Person drooling at the thought of sunbathing outdoors next to their love and getting sunburnt? :thinking:

Person drooling at the thought of sunbathing outdoors next to their love and getting sunburnt? :thinking:

:rofl:

Sorry for the off-topic. I just couldn’t hold myself!!! 😅 I’m still laughing… aaaaand crying! My ribs are hurting… 😂

Archived