''late delivery'' need help

srnashobhan

@frank_d Frank is simply stating facts - as well as trying to help. Extensions don’t negate late deliveries.

However, I can remember asking for an extension before the delivery went late … it looked like it was late … and then the buyer accepted the extension request and the clock was rolled back.

So that example indicates that you have to ask for an extension before the delivery time to avoid getting punished for late delivery, even if the buyer doesn’t accept it until after the delivery time.

If you wait until after delivery time to ask for an extension, you’ll get a late delivery on your stats.

Try not to forget again @srnashobhan

Thanks 😞 @coerdelion

Surely it shouldn’t work like that if it does though.

If the required delivery date gets extended by a day, even if it’s accepted an hour too late, surely the system should, if it was properly written (which it may not be), only count the order as late if it is then delivered later than the newly accepted required delivery date.

If it doesn’t just take the most recently accepted required delivery date into account that’s bad system design I think and they should change it.

Extensions don’t negate late deliveries.

I’m not sure if the order has actually been delivered or just gone past the required delivery date by 8 hours.

I didn’t deliver it yet. waiting for buyer reply.

If there was no penalty for asking for an extension after the deadline, there’d be little incentive for people to deliver on time and no one would buy from Fiverr. That’s not how contracts work. You don’t get to retroactively change the terms without agreement from the other party, otherwise there’d be no point in the contract.

On top of that, you have to get approval for an extension. It would be really unfair if you automatically get an extension without the buyer agreeing. Would you like that if you bought something, had your own deadline for it, and the seller decided to change that without your consent? That wouldn’t be fair to the buyers and if it was automatic, it would say so. The whole point of asking for approval is to get approval…

Is there a better link than this:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-your-dashboard ?

Delivered on Time: This shows the overall percentage of orders delivered on time (past 60 days).

The order hasn’t been delivered yet. If the extension is accepted won’t it take that new no. of days delivery (new required delivery date) into account when it determines if the delivered order was delivered late?

Which link says that even if an extension is accepted it will be too late if the order was late (but not delivered) before the extension was accepted (ie. that the extension will really have no effect on those stats)?

I don’t know how it works?

But I tried 2 times extending delivery times after when they crossed delivery timeline. Both buyers accepted those resolutions but this worked on only 1 order & another order was showing late delivery. Do you have any explanation.

Thanks 🙂

Sorry brother! I was not misleading , just a mistake of covering the post. Thank you

Sorry brother! I was not misleading , just a mistake of covering the post.

Not sure what that even means, but there is no reason to apologize to me.

I just want you to not share facts that are not true, as if they were true. You can share your opinion or say “I think…”.

The way you said it made it seem as if you knew exactly what was up.

Sorry brother! I was not misleading , just a mistake of covering the post.

Not sure what that even means, but there is no reason to apologize to me.

I just want you to not share facts that are not true, as if they were true. You can share your opinion or say “I think…”.

The way you said it made it seem as if you knew exactly what was up.

I updated that comment 🙂

I don’t know how it works?

But I tried 2 times extending delivery times after when they crossed delivery timeline. Both buyers accepted those resolutions but this worked on only 1 order & another order was showing late delivery. Do you have any explanation.

Thanks 🙂

It might have depended on how late the orders were.

If you have an order where it worked you could show that info here with the details removed.

Though is there a way to see whether an order is actually counted as late (other than just seeing the “late” message" on the order page)? There’s a “late” tab but I think that’s just for active orders. They should have an indicator for completed orders eg. on the completed orders tab that shows whether each order is counted as late or not (though I don’t think I’ve ever done what the OP is asking but it would help for those who have and also would help me check and also to check any stats are accurate).

Archived