Forum Wish list

mjensen415

Few more insights from forum community:

in terms of improvements to the Fiverr forum, I’d like to see them get rid of the “My Fiverr Gigs” category. Remove it completely. The fact that it’s there encourages new users to think that they can use the forum for promoting their gigs. That shouldn’t be the case. There’s no reason to advertise on the forum, since the forum is for general user-to-user discussion, and asking for legitimate help.

Make it clear that the forum is NOT for advertising in any way, shape, or form, and then just delete anything that comes across as promotion. Set some clear limitations on the “Improve MY Gig” category too, and delete anything promotional with impunity. No tolerance for promotional content. If someone asks for legitimate help, and defines serious questions about specific improvement, great, people can help them get on track with that gig concern. But it it’s just a “check my gig – why am I not getting sales” demand, delete the post. Anyone who posts something like that is just looking for attention, and wants someone else to do guarantees them success. That’s not what the forum is about.

Perhaps Fiverr (and the mods) need to take more time to study the clearly-apparent brand message behind Fiverr’s own – chosen – tagline, “In Doer’s We Trust”. As the forum-suspended user that that am, it sure looks like people have forgotten this (or are conveniently ignoring it) when dealing with others on the forum.

Make it clear that the forum is NOT for advertising in any way, shape, or form

I second this. I think that just by having a ‘post your gigs here’ category, we’re encouraging the kind of gig-spam that we discourage users from participating in elsewhere on the web. I’ve seen some users come back to re-post their gig every day for months, and when you look at their profiles, they’ve never got orders. It’s a pointless endeavour, and just clogs up the forum.

A category that I’d love to see being used more is the Fiverr Experience category. I’d love to know more about the other sellers here… What brought them to Fiverr, what their journey has been like, useful lessons they’ve learnt along the way. I always find those posts super valuable, and would be happy to add to it at some point in the future with our story… I just think there’d have to be some kind of rule to avoid the ‘participation badge’ posts of “I just got my second client order with 5-star review” etc…

• Like 5