2020 Forum Plans (Community Input)

mjensen415

Hi everyone. I’d like to drop a quick post to invite everyone here to become a part of some of the changes that we’re planning for the forum in the next few weeks. Cha-cha-cha Chaaanges.

Planned Changes:

• Category Refresh

Some are used a lot, some not so much. If there is something you’d like to see that’s not here or a category that you don’t use? Put down some ideas here.

• Moderator Additions

Forum moderation is a tightrope. All of the current moderators have been doing a phenomenal job making sure that this space is safe, open and friendly for EVERYONE to interact. I will be opening up applications for new moderators and will be announcing a new community moderation standards. If you’re interested, please watch this topic for more info.

• Forum redesign

Not much input needed here. Just so you know that we’re working on an updated style for the forum.

• Community Standards Updates

This will mostly come from Fiverr and will mirror the Fiverr TOS. If there is something that is NOT in the Community Standards doc that you would like to see, please add in the suggestion thread.

• Wish list

Let’s keep this to format and/or content suggestions.

Take some time in the next week(s) to share your ideas. We’ll close down the category and topics the week after the US Thanksgiving holiday and will begin to make changes the first week of December, so that we have a new forum experience starting the first week of January 2020!

Reminder, the goal of this forum is to learn and share ideas in order to make sure everyone has a positive, profitable experience on Fiverr. Let’s all work as a community to make this happen for everyone!

Forum Status:

BlandAmazingKinglet-size_restricted

I will be opening up applications for new moderators and will be announcing a new community moderation standards. If you’re interested, please watch this topic for more info.

Hi

It is great to hear about that. I am really interested to work on this community for people be people.

• Like 3

Hi and thank you for this mjensen415!

Category Refresh:

I would find it helpful to see two subcategories in “Your Fiverr experience” as other users have mentioned; one for Buyers and one for Sellers. Although most users are probably both buyers and sellers, that division can be very useful I think. This way everything will hopefully be in one place regarding one’s focus when visiting the Forum.

I am not so fond of “The Ranting Pot” because I am more interested about solutions than about rants 🙂 but do I understand it is a good idea for this category to remain available.

• Like 6

Is Fiverr trying to fix something else that might not be broke?
I don’t see a whole lot of threads demanding changes to the forum

This is going to cheese some people off who have lost there badges, but, …
A forum for only those who have level badges or a certain amount of sales
This way new sellers comments or questions can be separated.

• Like 4

Think to the number of those that match with the above and never post on the Forum. Never.

• Like 9

If it’s “or a certain amount of sales” - depending on what is chosen for the amount of sales (whether in no. of orders/$) it shouldn’t matter if they have lost their badge or not. eg. it could just be that the minimum requirement to create a post in a particular section (like “tips for sellers”) needs the minimum number of sales required to have achieved a particular level even if they no longer have that level.

• Like 4

If it’s “or a certain amount of sales” - depending on what is chosen for the amount of sales (whether in no. of orders/$) it shouldn’t matter if they have lost their badge or not. eg. it could just be that the minimum requirement to create a post in a particular section (like “tips for sellers”) needs the minimum number of sales required to have achieved a particular level even if they no longer have that level.

Number of sales I would say 50 would be enough. Most Forums have locked or admin only posts

• Like 2

There is a time when a senior seller is not senior and need to about how Fiverr works and how they can improve their gigs. Now they learn a lot from this forum and working very well with what they are selling. So now it is the time to encourage new seller and and them the same questions once they wanted to know about. I know patience is mainly required in this. Please don’t devide the forum and if devide than wo helps new sellers they should be treated special and their gigs must be at the top.

• Like 3

Suggestion: Let’s give Fiverr Foums access via Fiverr app. Some of us like to help and ask on the go and not available on PC/laptop all the time. Interaction and activity will increase manifolds if we have the access via the app.

Thank you.

@artistshop, this feature already exists. On the app, you find the Forum under Account (first icon on the right, at the bottom) General/Support/Forum.

• Like 11

Since I am active here, me and even all active users at Forum are tired about same questions, on a daily bases a number of sellers are asking same questions even topics are already discussed here.

Questions I usually found are:
How to get order?
How to rank my gig?
How to become pro seller?
Why my gig ranking lost?
My buyer asking for revision while I don’t offer, what to do?
I am not getting orders what to do?
Why my account is suspended?
ETC

On daily bases, these questions are sounding here, many times we also mentioned to users with link of already discussed topics, but somehow percentage of similar posts are increasing.

I would recommend Fiverr to get a solution about this!

• Like 2