2020 Forum Plans (Community Input)

mjensen415

First of all I think it’s awesome that Fiverr is putting thought and effort into changing the forum to provide a better experience.

It’s even more awesome because they are asking for our input!

So my wish list for now:

-I’d like to see a system implemented that doesn’t allow users to post “tips/advice” unless they have some sort of credentials/badges/whatever you might think works. I am tired of people posting crappy advice, just because they think it will help them sell more.

-Maybe the community would benefit if EVERY user had to take a quick test before getting posting privileges per category. So if they want to post a question, they will HAVE TO go through @eoinfinnegan magnificent upyour collection of threads. (just an example) Having to go through the ToS document is not a bad idea either. 🙂

-If an account has 0-5 posts (not replies) an automated pop-up warning that will guilt the user into following the rules? Like posting something of value, contributing to a conversation, reading ToS

-Maybe we could create a new sub-category where people can volunteer to help new users and so it will be a “safe space” for newbies to ask anything, where the replies will actually come from people who want to help? I am not saying ban other users from replying, but having some sort of curation would benefit the community. Or maybe a voting system? Like getting actually helpful responses to show up ahead of anything else when it comes to a question?

• Like 45

I keep seeing the more senior sellers dropping out of participating on the forum. It now takes a lot of patience to read through the various threads and keep answering the same questions from new sellers.

It’s good that new sellers have a place to come to get answers to questions. It might come to the point of only new sellers on the forum though.

• Like 23

I keep seeing the more senior sellers dropping out of participating on the forum. It now takes a lot of patience to read through the various threads and keep answering the same questions from new sellers.

It’s good that new sellers have a place to come to get answers to questions. It might come to the point of only new sellers on the forum though.

I agree with you Crystal, the forum have been filled with same questions over and over again. These questions have been answered by experienced sellers.

For instance, this is the first time I’m visiting in 4 months.

When I joined the forum, there were sellers like @jonbaas @woofy31 @vickiespencer and my friend @misscrystal who are experienced.

But now, the question keeps evolving. Same question, different wordings.

I think that need to be checked.

• Like 16

Considering how hard-core they are about flagging certain keywords when messaging with clients, perhaps they could apply that same voodoo to the forum every time someone says ‘tips & tricks’ or ‘help me get more ranking’ or ‘how to get more buyer requests’ or any of the thousand other questions that get asked 100 times a day.

Maybe it could politely kick them to an FAQ where all that info is collected. Especially if they’re below a certain post count or time active on the forum (newbies, I mean).

• Like 10