Bad experience with a customer

catscop

a customer contacted me for a recording service. We agree on the price and he told me something more about his requirements. But the final product was not what he wanted. He just accepted the order instead of opening a dispute, and left a very negative feedback. I think i dont deserve that, i just did what he asked, and then he changed his mind. I’m an honest persona, always available, and when people are not satisfied, I allow them to get one of my services for free. Did you ever deal with people like this?

161059891_2-Copia.png.268540331403fbdee8095cf35f34dde6.png
1410434572_111-Copia.png.50b02b17a84bb5f5810b0db6cd24af47.png
  • Like 7

Hello, I see he had agreed to a $15 price then said in the review it was $17 which was too much. He included the fee from fiverr in there and blamed you.

Sorry this happened to you! He could have asked you to remove the claps. No need for him to complain about an extra $2 fiverr fee in your review and the claps. Sounds to me like he is the mean one.

And it’s not like he didn’t know how much it would cost. He paid for it so why do that if he thought it was too much.

• Like 8

Hello, I see he had agreed to a $15 price then said in the review it was $17 which was too much. He included the fee from fiverr in there and blamed you.

Sorry this happened to you! He could have asked you to remove the claps. No need for him to complain about an extra $2 fiverr fee in your review and the claps. Sounds to me like he is the mean one.

And it’s not like he didn’t know how much it would cost. He paid for it so why do that if he thought it was too much.

we agreed on that price (see pic). then he changed his mind and left a negative feedback, because “i’ve been mean and that was over payment”. He has just been so wrong and unfair with me, I’m never mean with people, i just want to satisfy them at every cost. Just look at my reviews, everyone is just so fulfilled

• Like 7

we agreed on that price (see pic). then he changed his mind and left a negative feedback, because “i’ve been mean and that was over payment”. He has just been so wrong and unfair with me, I’m never mean with people, i just want to satisfy them at every cost. Just look at my reviews, everyone is just so fulfilled

I’m so sorry about it.

• Like 6

what i keep saying is: if a customer isnt satisfied, he should just refuse to mark the order as completed. Why ruining other people’s analytics? I mean, let’s just talk, let’s manage the problem together

• Like 8

Oh, someone that agrees with me, great. of course i contacted the seller help center, hope they help me

of course i contacted the seller help center, hope they help me

“Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

• Like 8

of course i contacted the seller help center, hope they help me

“Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

And what a seller has to do in these situations? i’ve clearly been duped

• Like 6

And what a seller has to do in these situations? i’ve clearly been duped

Yes but there is nothing you can do but carefully think of a response, keep it unemotional and factual.

You can say you have nothing to do with the $2 service fee but he had agreed to $15. And would have removed the claps if he had asked.

• Like 10

Yes but there is nothing you can do but carefully think of a response, keep it unemotional and factual.

You can say you have nothing to do with the $2 service fee but he had agreed to $15. And would have removed the claps if he had asked.

isnt possible to answer to a review on one’s profile?

• Like 6

Sorry, this had to happen to you. May you have more wins ahead! Be strong, don’t Ket this discourage you.

• Like 8

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

After you leave a review that appears on the buyer’s profile, you also get prompted to respond to the review on the order page (again). That new review is without stars and it won’t show on the buyer’s profile, but you’ll get a chance to explain your side of the story.

• Like 7

After you leave a review that appears on the buyer’s profile, you also get prompted to respond to the review on the order page (again). That new review is without stars and it won’t show on the buyer’s profile, but you’ll get a chance to explain your side of the story.

ok got it. But will that be public? It says so, but i cant find what i’ve just written

• Like 5

ok got it. But will that be public? It says so, but i cant find what i’ve just written

A good buyer will accept that some other buyers are not well behaved. The unwarranted bad reviews, and how you handle them, are still a good thing for you.

Sounds odd but we are driven to negativity so a bit of biffo will make us look longer. So long as you handle your response to this comment that clearly shows the complainer to be silly, you are golden.

🙂

• Like 6

what i keep saying is: if a customer isnt satisfied, he should just refuse to mark the order as completed. Why ruining other people’s analytics? I mean, let’s just talk, let’s manage the problem together

if a customer isnt satisfied, he should just refuse to mark the order as completed.

let’s manage the problem together

So here is the thing: there are a lot of buyers who want to get work for free and they’ll do anything so you’ll cancel the order.

I’d rather have a bad review than give the money back for the work I did.

If it’s an unfair review like in your case I will just leave my response under that review and in some cases well worded response has even more positive impact and overweight negative review. It’s all about you showing being professional even with difficult clients.

It is definitely not a nice situation to be in especially when you didn’t expect to get a bad review and he didn’t even try to ask for a revision.

I doubt that customer support will delete this review as it doesn’t violate TOS, but it will be great to hear if they will actually remove it for some reason.

As for “I’d rather cancel than get a bad review”: both will affect your statistics and bad review and cancellation so I’d rather to be paid and with a negative impact then do work for free, cancel and still be pinalised by a system.

• Like 8

It really is sort of mind boggling to get a negative review when you know you did the same great work you always do.

It does lead me to wonder what is going on with the psychology of people who do this. The human mind never fails to amaze me. I could never leave a review like that person did.

He paid a $2 fee to fiverr and put that in the review as if that was too much and the seller got it? I wonder if he really thinks that somehow the seller was responsible.

I see this as deliberately leaving a bad review for some kind of personal gratification. He saw the amount he was going to pay before he agreed to the sale.

I think it’s buyer’s remorse and for some, the money they spend is all they are thinking about after they buy something. I don’t know how else to explain it.

• Like 7