Been here 3 years and no gigs

sergeywozniack

Yes, unfortunately you read that correctly. I’ve been on Fiverr since 2016. I haven’t created one gig. My problem? I can never settle on a niche. I’m a software developer by day, and graphic designer and writer by night. During the day, I work on both mobile and web apps. These projects vary from .NET and Python back-end api and database systems to front-end javascript, React, HTML5 and Flutter projects. At night, I design everything from logos to t-shirts and write blog posts and short stories.

I believe it’s my lack of cohesiveness in regards to my skill set. There is no dominating tool in my tool box. I’m pretty decent at a lot of different things, so it’s difficult for me to confidently identify a particular niche where I could potentially offer my services.

Programming and graphic design seem fairly heavily saturated, so I really don’t think that would be a good choice for me. Writing, however seems intriguing. But again, there are so many niches to choose from, that I end up stalling and not picking any.

So I was wondering, how did others pick a niche? What process did you go through to identify that niche?

I’m open to suggestions. 🙂

Thanks!

If you’re similarly skilled in several niches, just pick the one that currently appeals most to you and create that first gig already. Just get started. You can always pause/delete/add gigs if you find you better try something different. Go, go, do it! lol And welcome to the forum.

You can create up to 3 gigs when you are a no-level seller.

Create gigs for fronted programming, t-shirt design and short story writing.
Then see for yourself how it goes, if you feel more comfortable with a specific one, if one of them gets more attention. You will also learn how internal statistics work and what are the real need of the buyers and what value can you bring to them.

I’m an also a multi-passionate creative and deal with settling on a set of skills and finding my niche. I am at a point where I’m comfortable with this part of me and I can use it as an advantage.

There is no punishment on trying different gigs then deleting the ones that don’t work for you.

In summary: just try
Or as others say: Ready, Fire, Aim!

Create gigs for fronted programming, t-shirt design and short story writing.

Then see for yourself how it goes, if you feel more comfortable with a specific one, if one of them gets more attention. You will also learn how internal statistics work and what are the real need of the buyers and what value can you bring to them.

I’m an also a multi-passionate creative and deal with settling on a set of skills and finding my niche. I am at a point where I’m comfortable with this part of me and I can use it as an advantage.

There is no punishment on trying different gigs then deleting the ones that don’t work for you.

In summary: just try

Or as others say: Ready, Fire, Aim!

This is incorrect. No-level sellers can create up to 7 gigs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived