Content writing quantities

aanaam

Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer?

They know all the letters. Isn’t it enough?

Yes, you’re right, and I can confirm it. He has just PM me. 😠 And you don’t want to know how good his writing is, not to say his grammar. :roll_eyes:

@aanaam Who told you can send me a private message? 🤨

Yes, you’re right, and I can confirm it. He has just PM me. 😠 And you don’t want to know how good his writing is, not to say his grammar. :roll_eyes:

@aanaam Who told you can send me a private message? 🤨

He has just PM me. 😠

I hope he wasn’t abusive.

Please try to be nice everyone. There is a learning curve when you are new here.

I was new on the forum once and I too sent people private messages without realizing it bothered them.

I couldn’t agree more! I’m new to fiverr as well and every second thread I read is just about bashing people. What’s the point… 😄

I couldn’t agree more! I’m new to fiverr as well and every second thread I read is just about bashing people. What’s the point… 😄

I couldn’t agree more! I’m new to fiverr as well and every second thread I read is just about bashing people. What’s the point…

Do you continuously get PMs from men without you wanting it? Some even being very rude and abusive? 🤨

When you do, please tell us all how it feels and how good it is. 😉

I couldn’t agree more! I’m new to fiverr as well and every second thread I read is just about bashing people. What’s the point…

Do you continuously get PMs from men without you wanting it? Some even being very rude and abusive? 🤨

When you do, please tell us all how it feels and how good it is. 😉

No, I don’t get PM’d like that a lot. And yeah, it sucks when it happens. But don’t you think it provokes people to do so when writing “Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer?”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

It’s probably not a coincidence that every second thread is someone either asking how to do something they are already offering a gig for or questioning why they aren’t getting sales when their gigs look less enticing than the community center after @cyaxrex’s swine choir had salmonella in the refreshments.

In the other threads you see a lot of people giving really good advice and spending time helping those who have at least made some effort with their gigs/profile.

No, I don’t get PM’d like that a lot. And yeah, it sucks when it happens. But don’t you think it provokes people to do so when writing “Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer?”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer? ”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

Like it or not, Maitasun made a valid comment.

For years, the integrity of the writing category on Fiverr has been compromised by unqualified people, many of whom go to great lengths to lie about their abilities (not accusing the OP of doing this).

I’m a writer. I have been for many years now, but I’m reluctant to post gigs on Fiverr and market them due to the appalling reputation Fiverr writers have within the greater literary and freelancing communities.

Maitasun works in the translation field. She is invested in the writing/translation category. She has every right, as do I and other writers, to express her frustration toward the blatantly unqualified people cluttering up and ruining the reputation of her category.

For you to suggest her comments were pointless shows your naivete regarding the Fiverr platform and the perceptions surrounding it.

Dunning-Kruger Effect here.

There are such basic every day rules of grammar that are not practiced here that it takes a beginning set of lessons in proper grammar to begin to learn the basics of writing.

Things that are the first that you learn, such as starting all sentences with a capital letter, are not known.

It depresses me. 🙁

Then I see that sellers on the forum are being asked to give jobs to the new sellers who can’t get them through their own merits.

Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer? ”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

Like it or not, Maitasun made a valid comment.

For years, the integrity of the writing category on Fiverr has been compromised by unqualified people, many of whom go to great lengths to lie about their abilities (not accusing the OP of doing this).

I’m a writer. I have been for many years now, but I’m reluctant to post gigs on Fiverr and market them due to the appalling reputation Fiverr writers have within the greater literary and freelancing communities.

Maitasun works in the translation field. She is invested in the writing/translation category. She has every right, as do I and other writers, to express her frustration toward the blatantly unqualified people cluttering up and ruining the reputation of her category.

For you to suggest her comments were pointless shows your naivete regarding the Fiverr platform and the perceptions surrounding it.

Hey! I can 1000% understand your frustration. I feel the same way when browsing photo retouching and manipulation related gigs. Even outside of Fiverr there’s a lot of anger in my community regarding this matter: Everyone can watch some tutorials for a few days, grasp the foundations and try to monetize their new learned skills. So yes, I understand your frustration. The term professional is dead and I’ll remove that from all my descriptions soon, cause it’s pointless 😃 But how does it help to let that anger out on the forums? I think it’s more up to Fiverr themselves than us. Enforce more complicated verification processes or something.

Hey! I can 1000% understand your frustration. I feel the same way when browsing photo retouching and manipulation related gigs. Even outside of Fiverr there’s a lot of anger in my community regarding this matter: Everyone can watch some tutorials for a few days, grasp the foundations and try to monetize their new learned skills. So yes, I understand your frustration. The term professional is dead and I’ll remove that from all my descriptions soon, cause it’s pointless 😃 But how does it help to let that anger out on the forums? I think it’s more up to Fiverr themselves than us. Enforce more complicated verification processes or something.

But how does it help to let that anger out on the forums?

It helps us to vent. When we see things that are wrong we can speak out about them. It might not do any good but people shouldn’t keep quiet when they see these things. It offends our sensibilities.

The point is ensuring that Fiverr does not become a used car salesman in the Freelance industry.

If you hear about a major publicly listed company and visit them to see about ordering writing, or anything else, you don’t expect to come across a forum of people who can’t spell their name begging for money.

It is getting worse by the day. Fiverr is not the Department of Work and Pensions for people who just need a chance because they are poor or their brain cell is lonely.

The fact that this forum is now a choir of beggars and broken English needs addressing. If you can’t see what is wrong with someone who wants writing sales but doesn’t know to capitalize the letter ‘I’ you are here for the wrong reasons.

Fiverr = Freelance Platform

Fiverr Does Not Equal = Let’s all be nice and teach the ponies to spell today land.

I get your perspective guys and I share the same opinion, that you should have a strong skillset when competing on a freelance platform. 🙂 I’m just not a big fan of bashing in general. I prefer to just ignore spammy, low effort posts rather than to reply and ending up in an argument. But yeah: Live and let live!

I get your perspective guys and I share the same opinion, that you should have a strong skillset when competing on a freelance platform. 🙂 I’m just not a big fan of bashing in general. I prefer to just ignore spammy, low effort posts rather than to reply and ending up in an argument. But yeah: Live and let live!

Maitasun has been here for almost two years. When you’ve spent that long somewhere, it’s natural to speak out in favour of the culture you want to see around you. Sometimes it’s fruitless, sometimes not. Fiverr and its users have been influenced by forum venting in the past. One example of that is in regards to the levels feature. The criteria for the monthly evaluations were relaxed a little after sellers regularly voiced their unhappiness.

I get your perspective guys and I share the same opinion, that you should have a strong skillset when competing on a freelance platform.

Anyway, I’m glad you understand. I thought maybe you were new to Fiverr and didn’t realise the struggles within some categories.

Thankfully, ours aren’t the worst. There are some categories full of sellers selling stolen templates/images/merch that it’s a real struggle for honest sellers to thrive in there.

We’ll see what the future brings. 🙂

But don’t you think it provokes people to do so when writing “ Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer? ”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

I’m just not a big fan of bashing in general. I prefer to just ignore spammy, low effort posts rather than to reply and ending up in an argument.

Just a few things I’ll be saying:

• This forum is public and everyone is granted the right to post his/her opinion whenever wanted, and in whatever topic selected.

• No matter the content of a comment posted, it doesn’t give you the right to PM the poster, among other things, and the most important, because it’s against the forum rules. If you do, you’ll risk getting flagged. I could have done it in all right, but I didn’t.

• My opinion wasn’t toxic. It reflects a reality daily happening in Fiverr. Much less was pointless or was I bashing him. I told the OP the consequences that would bring selling things he’s not skilled for, and I even advised him on thinking in his own words about everyone knowing what their skills are.

• I don’t find it funny men messaging me without my consent. Of course, now I understand why you agreed on being nice and comprehensive with such behaviour under the pretext of being new. It happens you’re a man, I thought I was speaking with a woman. That’s why I replied to you the way I did.

But don’t you think it provokes people to do so when writing “ Why does everyone think he/she can be a writer? ”. It’s just toxic and pointless.

I’m just not a big fan of bashing in general. I prefer to just ignore spammy, low effort posts rather than to reply and ending up in an argument.

Just a few things I’ll be saying:

• This forum is public and everyone is granted the right to post his/her opinion whenever wanted, and in whatever topic selected.

• No matter the content of a comment posted, it doesn’t give you the right to PM the poster, among other things, and the most important, because it’s against the forum rules. If you do, you’ll risk getting flagged. I could have done it in all right, but I didn’t.

• My opinion wasn’t toxic. It reflects a reality daily happening in Fiverr. Much less was pointless or was I bashing him. I told the OP the consequences that would bring selling things he’s not skilled for, and I even advised him on thinking in his own words about everyone knowing what their skills are.

• I don’t find it funny men messaging me without my consent. Of course, now I understand why you agreed on being nice and comprehensive with such behaviour under the pretext of being new. It happens you’re a man, I thought I was speaking with a woman. That’s why I replied to you the way I did.

Hey!

Never said otherwise!

Yeah, I wasn’t trying to say, that his behavior was okay. It just meant, that stuff like this is more likely to occur when reacting in the way you did.

• My opinion wasn’t toxic. It reflected a reality daily happening in Fiverr. Much less was pointless or was I bashing him. I told the OP the consequences that would bring selling things he’s not skilled for, and I even advised him on thinking in his own words about everyone knowing what their skills are.

One might argue about this, but I don’t want any bad blood. Sorry if anything I said upset you. I’ve never had any malicious intentions in mind! 🙂

Archived