Fiverr's Help Center do nothing to solve the issue, just cover their own interest

annashtompel

I really disappointed with Fiverr! Instead of protecting your clients they do nothing to solve the issue. Just covering their own interest and not the client’s one! They saved the one-time client and lost active seller that brings company stabile revenue! Disappointed with Fiverr and their Help Center!

I think it’s better to say what happened instead of accusing Fiverr without proof. Just my 2 cents.

A real conversation with Fiverr Help Center:

Me:

"Hello, dear Fiverr team,

I’m working on Fiverr for a couple of months, managed 18 orders. I provided the full service to each client and sometimes even more than was expected from me.

All my reviews are positive and just one person left me 1.5 start review. This client ******** in order #FO513F5***** got the perfect work with great communication from my side.

He didn’t plan his time and placed an order before the holidays (Jewish New Year) where he wasn’t able to use electronic devices. He never mentioned anywhere that he is interested in an Extra Fast Delivery.

He tried to cancel the order by blaming me “The seller can’t deliver on time” (quote from the order): “Sorry as discussed in other order. Timeline was not as discussed or expected”.

I was a new seller and didn’t know what was going on and why I’m blamed while doing my best. I made him even 3 logo designs instead of 2 that his package included in less than 2 hours!

This was my answer to the order dispute after: “By the way, we didn’t discuss the short timelines and faster delivery. So there is no reason for order cancellation. In terms of Fiverr’s policy Extra fast delivery should be charged for an additional payment. In any case, I won’t charge you extra money for the rush. I did complete all the work earlier for your demand. Please check my works and chose what fits you best.”

After he didn’t answer till the end of delivery time and I should complete the delivery due to the Fiverr’s policy. I sent him zip file with 3 full folder designs instead of one and proposed to make some changes if he would like after, that actually I didn’t have to do, but I wanted to give him the best service.

Even all these unpleasant situations that he put me in, I invested my time to work more.

I invite you to check this order and make sure by yourself that I made my best. He got 3 designs while he paid just for 1. This situation is unfair! And his very rude review “Not communicative. More concerned about Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” offends me personally and professionally! I ask you to check the order and remove his review as it is the lie!"

Fiverr’s action:

It was changed from: “Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” to “Covering her rear than a satisfied customer it seems.” We cannot change it anymore from this.

This review change covers the Fiverr’s interest and does not protect me - their stable client, in any way! They just removed their company name from the bed review to protect their own interests and made nothing to solve the issue! Very disappointed! The Fiverr team was indifferent and not helpful at all!

Mod Note: Username & order number removed.

@annashtompel - much sympathy. We’ve all had difficult buyers and it really is a pain.

CS have actually been good to you, despite not being particularly helpful. Usually, a request to delete or adjust a review will get the seller a warning … and no help. It comes under the heading of “review manipulation”.

The only way to deal with this is to accept that some buyers are a$$holes … and move on.

That particular review is moving further down the list with other enthusiastic reviews in the overwhelming majority. Most buyers aren’t stupid - they’ll see that the vast majority of your clients have been very happy with your work.

There’s nothing you can do here, other than rise above it. The best revenge is to do well. You’re well on your way to that.

@annashtompel - much sympathy. We’ve all had difficult buyers and it really is a pain.

CS have actually been good to you, despite not being particularly helpful. Usually, a request to delete or adjust a review will get the seller a warning … and no help. It comes under the heading of “review manipulation”.

The only way to deal with this is to accept that some buyers are a$$holes … and move on.

That particular review is moving further down the list with other enthusiastic reviews in the overwhelming majority. Most buyers aren’t stupid - they’ll see that the vast majority of your clients have been very happy with your work.

There’s nothing you can do here, other than rise above it. The best revenge is to do well. You’re well on your way to that.

Thank you for your understanding and support! The most unpleasant is that Fiverr did change the review but just the part that was connected to their company name. This means they feel totally okay to violate the right for opinion and change someone’s review to cover their “good name” and protecting themselves! But not okay with intervening to protect their clients. Isn’t it a contradiction?

A real conversation with Fiverr Help Center:

Me:

"Hello, dear Fiverr team,

I’m working on Fiverr for a couple of months, managed 18 orders. I provided the full service to each client and sometimes even more than was expected from me.

All my reviews are positive and just one person left me 1.5 start review. This client ******** in order #FO513F5***** got the perfect work with great communication from my side.

He didn’t plan his time and placed an order before the holidays (Jewish New Year) where he wasn’t able to use electronic devices. He never mentioned anywhere that he is interested in an Extra Fast Delivery.

He tried to cancel the order by blaming me “The seller can’t deliver on time” (quote from the order): “Sorry as discussed in other order. Timeline was not as discussed or expected”.

I was a new seller and didn’t know what was going on and why I’m blamed while doing my best. I made him even 3 logo designs instead of 2 that his package included in less than 2 hours!

This was my answer to the order dispute after: “By the way, we didn’t discuss the short timelines and faster delivery. So there is no reason for order cancellation. In terms of Fiverr’s policy Extra fast delivery should be charged for an additional payment. In any case, I won’t charge you extra money for the rush. I did complete all the work earlier for your demand. Please check my works and chose what fits you best.”

After he didn’t answer till the end of delivery time and I should complete the delivery due to the Fiverr’s policy. I sent him zip file with 3 full folder designs instead of one and proposed to make some changes if he would like after, that actually I didn’t have to do, but I wanted to give him the best service.

Even all these unpleasant situations that he put me in, I invested my time to work more.

I invite you to check this order and make sure by yourself that I made my best. He got 3 designs while he paid just for 1. This situation is unfair! And his very rude review “Not communicative. More concerned about Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” offends me personally and professionally! I ask you to check the order and remove his review as it is the lie!"

Fiverr’s action:

It was changed from: “Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” to “Covering her rear than a satisfied customer it seems.” We cannot change it anymore from this.

This review change covers the Fiverr’s interest and does not protect me - their stable client, in any way! They just removed their company name from the bed review to protect their own interests and made nothing to solve the issue! Very disappointed! The Fiverr team was indifferent and not helpful at all!

Mod Note: Username & order number removed.

The reply by coerdelion pretty much says it all, this bit here

In terms of Fiverr’s policy Extra fast delivery should be charged for an additional payment.

I think might be the contender, I’d recommend to not tell buyers that something is Fiverr policy which actually isn’t. While they do offer sellers the option to charge extra for extra fast delivery, it’s not actually a policy, you can do that as a seller if you choose to (and most probably Fiverr likes it as it means more money for Fiverr too) but it’s not a policy, there are sellers who offer 24-hour delivery for no extra charge and they are not required to charge extra by any Fiverr policy I’m aware of.

Might have nothing to do with that too, though, who could say 🙂 but anyway, they understandably don’t react well to sellers telling buyers things like that, or that a bad review will harm a seller’s account, etc. I’d only refer to Fiverr policies and such in crystal clear cases like “sorry but according to Fiverr’s policies, any contact needs to stay on the platforn”, etc.

That you choose to charge extra for extra fast delivery is a good choice but your own business decision, nothing that Fiverr demands as a policy.

The reply by coerdelion pretty much says it all, this bit here

In terms of Fiverr’s policy Extra fast delivery should be charged for an additional payment.

I think might be the contender, I’d recommend to not tell buyers that something is Fiverr policy which actually isn’t. While they do offer sellers the option to charge extra for extra fast delivery, it’s not actually a policy, you can do that as a seller if you choose to (and most probably Fiverr likes it as it means more money for Fiverr too) but it’s not a policy, there are sellers who offer 24-hour delivery for no extra charge and they are not required to charge extra by any Fiverr policy I’m aware of.

Might have nothing to do with that too, though, who could say 🙂 but anyway, they understandably don’t react well to sellers telling buyers things like that, or that a bad review will harm a seller’s account, etc. I’d only refer to Fiverr policies and such in crystal clear cases like “sorry but according to Fiverr’s policies, any contact needs to stay on the platforn”, etc.

That you choose to charge extra for extra fast delivery is a good choice but your own business decision, nothing that Fiverr demands as a policy.

If you read carefully I didn’t charge an extra payment for anything.

I made him 3 designs instead of 2 in extra fast delivery, he told which design he like, I worked on his order after closing it and offered to create an additional design (brochure/poster/card design) for free when I didn’t had to just to create a good experience and after all he writes a review that does not reflect the real situation.

I’m always open to constructive criticism and love to improve myself endlessly, but this client wrote a false review and destroyed my profile. And his very rude review “Not communicative. More concerned about Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” offends me personally and professionally!

I understood that Fiverr is not interested to protect me in this situation, but the most unpleasant is that Fiverr did change the review but just the part that was connected to their company name. This means they feel totally okay to violate the right for opinion and change someone’s review to cover their “good name” and protecting themselves! But not okay with intervening to protect their clients. Isn’t it a contradiction?

I made him 3 designs instead of 2 in extra fast delivery, he told which design he like, I worked on his order after closing it and offered to create an additional design (brochure/poster/card design) for free when I didn’t had to just to create a good experience and after all he writes a review that does not reflect the real situation.

I’m always open to constructive criticism and love to improve myself endlessly, but this client wrote a false review and destroyed my profile. And his very rude review “Not communicative. More concerned about Covering her rear as it pertains to Fiverr than a satisfied customer it seems.” offends me personally and professionally!

I understood that Fiverr is not interested to protect me in this situation, but the most unpleasant is that Fiverr did change the review but just the part that was connected to their company name. This means they feel totally okay to violate the right for opinion and change someone’s review to cover their “good name” and protecting themselves! But not okay with intervening to protect their clients. Isn’t it a contradiction?

They are just protecting themselves against lawsuits. That guy can sue them and say Fiverr tried to trash their name and they will have to prove in court that it was OK to do so. They can’t send you on behalf of Fiverr to defend them. Fiverr is all about making money and staying safe. If this means stepping on your dead body, so be it. There are so many sellers and not as many buyers. The buyer is always right here 🙂 Try it, go in as a buyer! Buy something from Fiverr, a logo maybe and ask for perfection for $5. You will see how easy it is to get a free logo.

Yes, I read it and understood it like that, no need for the bold print 😉 . My reply wasn’t about the review, just a recommendation about something you quoted that you answered to the buyer after their order dispute and which I think you may have been lucky to not have gotten a warning for when Fiverr looked through your conversation with the buyer to make their decision, going on some forum threads. Feel free to disregard it, of course.

Yes, I read it and understood it like that, no need for the bold print 😉 . My reply wasn’t about the review, just a recommendation about something you quoted that you answered to the buyer after their order dispute and which I think you may have been lucky to not have gotten a warning for when Fiverr looked through your conversation with the buyer to make their decision, going on some forum threads. Feel free to disregard it, of course.

you may have been lucky to not have gotten a warning

I agree. Usually sellers get warnings for things like that. I think it’s best to try to put it behind you. Seriously. You were lucky in this instance. I hope you understand why.

This isn’t true.

The bold font is just to underline the most important parts because most of the people prefer to read briefly. I’m happy to hear your opinion and I understand what you are saying.

Maybe it’s not the Fiverr’s policy but fiver creates some conditions when they build their system. When they able the option of Extra Fast Delivery with the column right after for setting the price (up to 100$ if I remember right), in this situation they do not oblige you to take money for Extra Fast delivery but guide new sellers to fill this column. I hope you understand what I’m talking about.

It’s all business and I won’t list all the cons of Fiverr’s system because there are a lot of them, in the end, we all are free to leave this platform if we don’t like something.

I just think that they act very inappropriate by violating their policy just when it’s good for them. They felt no remorse by violating this client’s right for the opinion in order to cover their name but when it comes to protecting other clients they tell how precious their policy is for them.

Unfortunately, I have no more power to communicate with Help Center regarding this, I left it as it is.

I had previously a situation where the client that got the perfect work, signed the order as completed and wrote a great review had a payment issue 10 days after paying. In the end, I didn’t get my money. When I wrote to Fiverr they apologize and told they can do nothing, gave me back 12$ from 80$ payment and that’s it. I didn’t understand how it can be possible that when someone signed the order as completed and made a payment, after 10 days have credit card issues that affect me… So I worked for free.

I told nothing to Fiverr and was full of understanding because things like this can happen but when they twice show me that I’m as a seller is not protected and they don’t really care I have no more desire to work with them.

The bold font is just to underline the most important parts because most of the people prefer to read briefly. I’m happy to hear your opinion and I understand what you are saying.

Maybe it’s not the Fiverr’s policy but fiver creates some conditions when they build their system. When they able the option of Extra Fast Delivery with the column right after for setting the price (up to 100$ if I remember right), in this situation they do not oblige you to take money for Extra Fast delivery but guide new sellers to fill this column. I hope you understand what I’m talking about.

It’s all business and I won’t list all the cons of Fiverr’s system because there are a lot of them, in the end, we all are free to leave this platform if we don’t like something.

I just think that they act very inappropriate by violating their policy just when it’s good for them. They felt no remorse by violating this client’s right for the opinion in order to cover their name but when it comes to protecting other clients they tell how precious their policy is for them.

Unfortunately, I have no more power to communicate with Help Center regarding this, I left it as it is.

I had previously a situation where the client that got the perfect work, signed the order as completed and wrote a great review had a payment issue 10 days after paying. In the end, I didn’t get my money. When I wrote to Fiverr they apologize and told they can do nothing, gave me back 12$ from 80$ payment and that’s it. I didn’t understand how it can be possible that when someone signed the order as completed and made a payment, after 10 days have credit card issues that affect me… So I worked for free.

I told nothing to Fiverr and was full of understanding because things like this can happen but when they twice show me that I’m as a seller is not protected and they don’t really care I have no more desire to work with them.

The took out the part “as it pertains to fiverr” because it wasn’t true. It didn’t pertain to fiverr, you just told HIM it did.

they do not oblige you to take money for Extra Fast delivery but guide new sellers to fill this column.

I disabled fast delivery in most of my gigs. I might be losing money but I’m gaining tranquility and extra time to do my work.

Besides, sometimes CS is good. I had an issue with a buyer who refused to provide instructions. I didn’t want to refund him because that hurts my order completion rate (OCR). So I wrote CS, and they closed the order for me, no OCR penalty.

I won’t list all the cons of Fiverr’s system because there are a lot of them, in the end, we all are free to leave this platform if we don’t like something.

If you only knew how angry I get when driving for Uber and Lyft. I deal with addresses I can’t find, passengers waiting on the wrong place, insane traffic, low pay (without surges) for a lot of hassle, passengers who don’t recognize their destination or put the wrong destination in the app, people who bring alcoholic drinks or food into my car, loud passengers, etc, etc, etc. So while we can leave Fiverr, and I have tried other alternatives, Fiverr remains the easiest and most hassle-free way to make money.

they do not oblige you to take money for Extra Fast delivery but guide new sellers to fill this column.

I disabled fast delivery in most of my gigs. I might be losing money but I’m gaining tranquility and extra time to do my work.

Besides, sometimes CS is good. I had an issue with a buyer who refused to provide instructions. I didn’t want to refund him because that hurts my order completion rate (OCR). So I wrote CS, and they closed the order for me, no OCR penalty.

I won’t list all the cons of Fiverr’s system because there are a lot of them, in the end, we all are free to leave this platform if we don’t like something.

If you only knew how angry I get when driving for Uber and Lyft. I deal with addresses I can’t find, passengers waiting on the wrong place, insane traffic, low pay (without surges) for a lot of hassle, passengers who don’t recognize their destination or put the wrong destination in the app, people who bring alcoholic drinks or food into my car, loud passengers, etc, etc, etc. So while we can leave Fiverr, and I have tried other alternatives, Fiverr remains the easiest and most hassle-free way to make money.

Amen! To that. I have removed fast delivery from all of my gigs.

So you get me. I just got tired of having to work on a client’s schedule. 24/hour delivery means I have to postpone what I want to do for what I have to do, that may be OK with people who do Fiverr full-time, but it’s not my situation anymore.

You should put spaces between the paragraphs at all times, OP. That’s how English-speaking crowd prefers it. I know it’s weird for us and Russian/Ukrainian doesn’t require it but English (sort of) does. It’s also easier to read that way. Putting some parts in bold looks a bit condescending.

You can contact CS and ask them to cancel if you’re asked to do something that wasn’t included in the package. There is a good chance your stats won’t be affected.

You can send an extra for fast delivery, attach the screenshot of your gig terms and explain why. In a few sentences. Briefly.

Overdelivering and expecting the buyer to appreciate it by giving them a lecture is not a good idea. By the way they approached the process from the very beginning it was clear that they didn’t care about your time, your skills or what you had to say on the matter.

Fiverr can be a good place for business is you have a very streamlined process that you stick to and don’t budge. It attracts better buyers and leaves no place for misunderstanding.

I know, right. I never did 24 hours deliveries but I have a 48 hours extra that I turn on from time to time (and I can’t say I’m enjoying that very much). Extra fast deliveries attract people with poor time management skills and it’s just bad for your business and your sanity.

A reasonable individual who has something extra urgent for you to do will PM you first to ask if the timeframe is possible. You can put together a one-time custom offer if it is.

Archived