Seller stole my hosting account!

amandalipman391

Sometimes big hosting companies have hundreds of affiliate companies each under it’s own name. So it’s possible the affiliate was at fault.

I dunno, but reading the last message, it’s a worry. I have no doubt that it is easy to establish the hacker ordered the products as he did so under his name and while he had control of the account, so it is not a matter of ‘my word’ that I didnt order the products. The bank also say that they had flagged this, but didn’t do anything about it!

I dunno, but reading the last message, it’s a worry. I have no doubt that it is easy to establish the hacker ordered the products as he did so under his name and while he had control of the account, so it is not a matter of ‘my word’ that I didnt order the products. The bank also say that they had flagged this, but didn’t do anything about it!

This is one reason I never use a debit card.

An affiliate company can’t make charges. It doesn’t and can’t work that way.

And even if they did, the transaction would show as being from the affiliate company, not from Bluehost.

the transaction would show as being from the affiliate company, not from Bluehost.

Did Bluehost order the apps? I’m pretty sure an affiliate can order apps from the parent company. They are only affiliates.

Who had the debit card number? And did the fiverr seller suggest the hosting company? Was it EIG or Bluehost?

the transaction would show as being from the affiliate company, not from Bluehost.

Did Bluehost order the apps? I’m pretty sure an affiliate can order apps from the parent company. They are only affiliates.

Who had the debit card number? And did the fiverr seller suggest the hosting company? Was it EIG or Bluehost?

Ah, I thought you meant affiliates as in affiliate marketing.

It sounds like you are referring to vendors.

When a host resells third-party services, it is resale under that host. You buy them through the host, not the third-party company. Unless it is a referral, in which case the host sends no information except cookies in the link to get a commission maybe.

when I purchased the domain account the money was paid to bluehost’s company EIG. The same day the hacker ‘stole’ my account, EIG debited my account with lots of small payments amounting to the over £1400

So who suggested EIG be used?I don’t know if you mean EIG is an affiliate, or a subdivision.

If the money was paid to EIG then Bluehost must be the affiliate. It does sound like the hacker did it.

So who suggested EIG be used?I don’t know if you mean EIG is an affiliate, or a subdivision.

If the money was paid to EIG then Bluehost must be the affiliate. It does sound like the hacker did it.

sorry your question doesnt make sense - I purchase the domain account from bluehost, it just so happens that the money is paid to a company called EIG but that is Bluehost (you will see this all the time when you order stuff)

sorry your question doesnt make sense - I purchase the domain account from bluehost, it just so happens that the money is paid to a company called EIG but that is Bluehost (you will see this all the time when you order stuff)

Well you were saying EIG is an affiliate which has a certain meaning aside from what you seem to be meaning.

first contact fiverr seller and ask he/she do it or not? Because it’s possible anyone can stole your account. Normally any fiverr seller don’t want to do this. After that contact your hosting provider and tell them your problem, they can able to give you access again.

Best of luck.

hi thanks, yes all that has been done, thanks again

full-list-of-eig-web-hosting-companiesOnline Tools Expert – 2 Mar 19
4a8aad151dbf759a05dbe4140c6ff8a4cf98cad8.png

Full List of EIG Web Hosting Companies Brands With Details (+ Non-EIG Hosting...

In this post, we are going to take a closer look at the big conglomerates that took over dozens of web hosting companies for the past few years — the Endurance International Group, aka EIG.

wow thank you that is really interesting reading

Archived