Need Help to calculate Rating Formula to get back five star rating

mehro1714

hello All
I am a Level 2 Seller…!

Is there any formula to calculate the overall rating and individual gig rating?

I have 6 positive reviews with 5-star rating but 1 is negative and my current gig rating is 4.4, Can anyone help me to calculate that How many Orders I need to get 5 stars back on this gig?
Or any other suggestions? Should I remove this gig?

The overall rating is 4.9 now.

Thank you so much

• Like 1

It depends how they round it, but on the 4.4 star gig you have 6 5-star reviews on it and 1 1-star review on it.

With tot 5 star reviews: 39 and tot 1 star reviews: 1, avg rating: 4.9
With tot 5 star reviews: 79 and tot 1 star reviews: 1, avg rating: 4.95

So, assuming all future reviews on it were 5 stars, maybe you’d need 73 more 5 star reviews for it to show as 5 stars average for the gig.

For your overall rating it would be similar - I think just take the average of them all, maybe rounding each rating and the overall rating to 1 dp.

For the overall if there’s a screen that shows the total for each star rating you could use those to calculate the overall average.

You could also check this thread:

I’m not sure if the topic belongs to this category. If not, please feel free to move it to the correspong one wink As everyone knows, the Forum is full of posts about users seeking advice on whether to cancel orders or not (which would most probably lead to a poor/bad rating) and users suggesting them what to do, disregarding special circumstances surrounding those who seek and normally encouraging into taking the bad review. For this reason, I thought of writing something that might come in…

edit:
Also this thread:

First of all, I would like to apologize for posting late. I had hoped to publish this thread before SLD but it was not until yesterday that I had some free time to work on it. Please get yourself a cup of coffee / tea or whatever you like best before starting to read this post, this time it will be a little long. The first topic of this series was about how to calculate the amount of x* rated orders that would impact the rating causing it to lose points, this one is its complement and like the …
  • Like 2

It depends how they round it, but on the 4.4 star gig you have 6 5-star reviews on it and 1 1-star review on it.

With tot 5 star reviews: 39 and tot 1 star reviews: 1, avg rating: 4.9

With tot 5 star reviews: 79 and tot 1 star reviews: 1, avg rating: 4.95

So, assuming all future reviews on it were 5 stars, maybe you’d need 73 more 5 star reviews for it to show as 5 stars average for the gig.

For your overall rating it would be similar - I think just take the average of them all, maybe rounding each rating and the overall rating to 1 dp.

For the overall if there’s a screen that shows the total for each star rating you could use those to calculate the overall average.

You could also check this thread:

I’m not sure if the topic belongs to this category. If not, please feel free to move it to the correspong one wink As everyone knows, the Forum is full of posts about users seeking advice on whether to cancel orders or not (which would most probably lead to a poor/bad rating) and users suggesting them what to do, disregarding special circumstances surrounding those who seek and normally encouraging into taking the bad review. For this reason, I thought of writing something that might come in…

edit:

Also this thread:

First of all, I would like to apologize for posting late. I had hoped to publish this thread before SLD but it was not until yesterday that I had some free time to work on it. Please get yourself a cup of coffee / tea or whatever you like best before starting to read this post, this time it will be a little long. The first topic of this series was about how to calculate the amount of x* rated orders that would impact the rating causing it to lose points, this one is its complement and like the …

@uk1000 Thank you so much

• Like 2