Auto-completion of order isn't working for me

aqsak192

My mistake was being nice to wait for him.

If you feel that’s being nice then what else is being nice? You obviously were harming yourself by waiting for someone who didn’t give you any courtesy.

Don’t call waiting endlessly being nice. This is the result.

Lesson learnt. Won’t wait for the buyers again.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm you after some days that if the redelivered orders automatically completes or not.

I checked. My other orders are getting auto-completed even after revisions were requested. Only this one is having an issue and now I think it will be in “delivered” as long as I work on Fiverr, until I cancel it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is, btw. An enlightening read, to say the least.

I have been at Fiverr for two years. During this time, there have been changes in policies to favor buyers that seem justified. But now, it appears that policies in favor of buyers are going just above the line creating another headache for sellers. It was Fiverr’s policy that an order gets automatically completed after three days when buyer doesn’t respond. Happened to me even with revised orders, plenty of time. But now, I just came to know that for an order in revision, if the buyer doesn’t…

• 6 months later...

That’s very dangerous. Nothing prevents this buyer from coming back now or years from now and ask you for another revision. It’s a nightmare, I would try contacting CS again.

My order was in revision for over a month because my buyer asked me to “hold” for instructions. I gently did, and keep messaging him/her to provide instructions. I had worked on the project in the first place so definitely didn’t want to cancel. When I delivered what I was instructed initially, my order didn’t get completed, as explained above.

I contacted CS, they said only buyer can accept this completion, we can’t or you may cancel it.

I contacted buyer but no response although that account is in constant use. I reported that buyer but still no harm to him/her as that’s a “Top Buyer” account. So, my money is just hanging in there.

My order was in revision for over a month because my buyer asked me to “hold” for instructions. I gently did, and keep messaging him/her to provide instructions. I had worked on the project in the first place so definitely didn’t want to cancel. When I delivered what I was instructed initially, my order didn’t get completed, as explained above.

I contacted CS, they said only buyer can accept this completion, we can’t or you may cancel it.

I contacted buyer but no response although that account is in constant use. I reported that buyer but still no harm to him/her as that’s a “Top Buyer” account. So, my money is just hanging in there.

This is risky and I know you don’t want to cancel, but…do you think it might help if you request a cancellation, and politely explain to the buyer that you don’t want to cancel, but they’re leaving you no other option since they’re not marking the order as complete? And also to mention that, once the cancellation goes through, they won’t have any legal rights to use any of the work you’ve sent them?

Just a thought, and I have no idea if it would really help, except that, after the cancellation, you’d be able to block the buyer, so they can’t do it to you again.

This is the response I got from customer support upon which I initiated this thread.

I have been on Fiverr since 2014 and have had lots of orders get rejected by buyers and then later auto-complete after 3 days once I delivered again.

This message is incredibly disturbing. it’s either a major change in the way things have run for a long time, or there is a confused customer service team member running amok.

I don’t offer revisions on any gigs, for a variety of reasons. However, that doesn’t stop some buyers from mashing the request revision button.

If those orders are not going to autocomplete, then Fiverr is screwing over sellers big time. If a buyer decides to disappear, they can use my work and I never get paid?

I contacted CS, they said only buyer can accept this completion,

They must not have understood the situation. I don’t see an order hanging forever after it’s been delivered in limbo simply due to an unresponsive buyer as normal.

I contacted CS, they said only buyer can accept this completion,

They must not have understood the situation. I don’t see an order hanging forever after it’s been delivered in limbo simply due to an unresponsive buyer as normal.

They clearly said I have only two options. Either ask buyer to accept it or cancel the order. They didn’t help me any further.

This is risky and I know you don’t want to cancel, but…do you think it might help if you request a cancellation, and politely explain to the buyer that you don’t want to cancel, but they’re leaving you no other option since they’re not marking the order as complete? And also to mention that, once the cancellation goes through, they won’t have any legal rights to use any of the work you’ve sent them?

Just a thought, and I have no idea if it would really help, except that, after the cancellation, you’d be able to block the buyer, so they can’t do it to you again.

I already had sent tons of messages to buyer and redelivered order quite a few times so that my buyer may respond but he didn’t. If I initiate cancellation request, my buyer will not respond once again, and you know what, this auto-cancellation would work (CS already told me that).

That’s how efficient the system is.

I have been on Fiverr since 2014 and have had lots of orders get rejected by buyers and then later auto-complete after 3 days once I delivered again.

This message is incredibly disturbing. it’s either a major change in the way things have run for a long time, or there is a confused customer service team member running amok.

I don’t offer revisions on any gigs, for a variety of reasons. However, that doesn’t stop some buyers from mashing the request revision button.

If those orders are not going to autocomplete, then Fiverr is screwing over sellers big time. If a buyer decides to disappear, they can use my work and I never get paid?

Please don’t worry. That’s why I wrote that autocompletion is not working “for me”. I also had other orders completed after three days. This was an order hanging in the revision for quite a while because my buyer asked me to wait for instructions. This is a special case. All I can suggest you people is to complete your revisions as early as possible.

Please don’t worry. That’s why I wrote that autocompletion is not working “for me”. I also had other orders completed after three days. This was an order hanging in the revision for quite a while because my buyer asked me to wait for instructions. This is a special case. All I can suggest you people is to complete your revisions as early as possible.

So you are saying that it’s just this one order doing this rather than it being a new policy? I still find the response of customer support confusing.

How can a completely unresponsive buyer be the cause of an order being cancelled… it doesn’t make sense.

How many days ago did you deliver it the last time? How long has it been hanging there now?

First revised delivery, 27th Oct, 2019

second Dec 16, 2019

Third Jan 8th, 2020

Fourth March 9th,2020

I just have left it there hanging. If I am not getting any money, I don’t want to refund either. Buyer doesn’t ask for it too. He has a top buyer badge and account is regularly used. I messaged so many times that now I have stopped giving benefit of doubt to the buyer about missing notifications. He is just ignoring it and so am I now. I’m so disappointed here that I have limited my freelancing a lot…

So you are saying that it’s just this one order doing this rather than it being a new policy? I still find the response of customer support confusing.

How can a completely unresponsive buyer be the cause of an order being cancelled… it doesn’t make sense.

Yes it’s for only one order. It was an unusual experience that’s why I shared here.

About cancellation, unresponsiveness of either buyer or seller automatically cancels the order after two days of dispute initiation.

Here, I require “response” according to CS. That’s what it is.

First revised delivery, 27th Oct, 2019

second Dec 16, 2019

Third Jan 8th, 2020

Fourth March 9th,2020

I just have left it there hanging. If I am not getting any money, I don’t want to refund either. Buyer doesn’t ask for it too. He has a top buyer badge and account is regularly used. I messaged so many times that now I have stopped giving benefit of doubt to the buyer about missing notifications. He is just ignoring it and so am I now. I’m so disappointed here that I have limited my freelancing a lot…

Do you think this can happen again with any order that goes into revision, or has it only been this one time? Have you had any other orders in revision auto complete since then?

I really don’t see how fiverr can’t see the potential for abuse if this is now the policy.

Do you think this can happen again with any order that goes into revision, or has it only been this one time? Have you had any other orders in revision auto complete since then?

I really don’t see how fiverr can’t see the potential for abuse if this is now the policy.

If an order is in revision without delivery for a month or two (big projects related to business or tech), this can happen. Otherwise, the system is alright. This is a special case. I would inform to all those who have big projects that take over a month to be done, require time for revisions too. Don’t hang your revision for over a month. Also, never be courteous to wait long enough for instructions from buyer when he/she asks you to wait. Try to complete your delivered orders as soon as possible.

If an order is in revision without delivery for a month or two (big projects related to business or tech), this can happen. Otherwise, the system is alright. This is a special case. I would inform to all those who have big projects that take over a month to be done, require time for revisions too. Don’t hang your revision for over a month. Also, never be courteous to wait long enough for instructions from buyer when he/she asks you to wait. Try to complete your delivered orders as soon as possible.

I see. So it only happens when you do not re deliver quickly. I’m sorry this happened to you!

Thank you for clarifying this. Perhaps in the future there is a way to prevent this by delivering again when you don’t immediately hear from the buyer within 24 hours.

I know as a buyer I expect to communicate both ways very fast with a seller if I use the revision button.

This is not the only bad experience I had. I’ve had so many that I stopped using Fiverr as I used to in past. In start of 2019, I got an order by some client. I did my job, delivered in time. It was auto-completed after three days. My client didn’t message me nor gave any feedback. After like 2 weeks of completion, on one fine morning, I got a notification that my order was cancelled. When I contacted CS, they told me there was some issues with client’s bank and that why bank got its money back.

I didn’t get if there was any issue, why did the transaction proceed in the first place!!!

I worked, got paid, and then that money was taken out of my “cleared” payments.

So many bad experiences now…

I see. So it only happens when you do not re deliver quickly. I’m sorry this happened to you!

Thank you for clarifying this. Perhaps in the future there is a way to prevent this by delivering again when you don’t immediately hear from the buyer within 24 hours.

I know as a buyer I expect to communicate both ways very fast with a seller if I use the revision button.

yes. Thank you for your understanding. I hope no one gets to experience it 🙂

This is not the only bad experience I had. I’ve had so many that I stopped using Fiverr as I used to in past. In start of 2019, I got an order by some client. I did my job, delivered in time. It was auto-completed after three days. My client didn’t message me nor gave any feedback. After like 2 weeks of completion, on one fine morning, I got a notification that my order was cancelled. When I contacted CS, they told me there was some issues with client’s bank and that why bank got its money back.

I didn’t get if there was any issue, why did the transaction proceed in the first place!!!

I worked, got paid, and then that money was taken out of my “cleared” payments.

So many bad experiences now…

I got a notification that my order was cancelled.

Now we get reimbursed immediately (after the regular clearing period again) for cancellations that were delivered. I don’t fear cancellations.

I have an order with a timer that is still running.

The order was marked as complete by the buyer 4 months ago, they left a tip but didn’t leave a review. So the order page looks like your normal completed order page, except the timer is running. It’s never LATE (at least when I check), the remaining time is random. 17 hours, 20 hours, 12 hours, etc. The CS ticket that was sent to the dev team is open with no updates (like most of my tickets that were sent to the dev team are).

That’s just speaking of fiverr’s rare bugs no one want or can do anything about.

Sorry for your situation, OP. I was hoping it’d get resolved.

Archived