Fiverr isn't a magical place!

lazygoblins

I just looked through some of the suggestions for gigs in that book and it reads like a listing of fiverr sub-categories. The ones shown all require some talent, specific knowledge and abilities.

Last review from 1/2019:

The list of ideas were basic enough to get further ideas from. Searching through fiverr will show about 90% of the same. It is nice however to have it streamlined as a quick reference guide

I just looked through some of the suggestions for gigs in that book and it reads like a listing of fiverr sub-categories. The ones shown all require some talent, specific knowledge and abilities.

Last review from 1/2019:

The list of ideas were basic enough to get further ideas from. Searching through fiverr will show about 90% of the same. It is nice however to have it streamlined as a quick reference guide

My #1 gig came from that book, so my investment of $2.99 has paid me back over 1,000 times.

I know the book may seem like garbage, like someone just copied and pasted a bunch of gig ideas, but it’s extremely convenient!

Reading that book is a lot faster than searching on Fiverr. You might not even know what to search for, what categories to look into.

All I’m saying is that if people want to be accountants, they study accounting. So if people want to do Fiverr, they should study Fiverr. Otherwise it’s all trial and error, like betting on sports without knowing anything about sports.

• 11 months later...

I just started so I can’t help with the poll, but I’d love to know what those gigs are that are generating so many orders.

Brand names. Creating brand names for companies and sometimes products (but mostly companies). That gig made me $33,500 as of today. Ironically, now I rarely get orders for that, I have too much competition.

Not me lol then again I have yet to get a single order XD

Sorry to hear that. Have you read any books about Fiverr? It’s shocking how many people sell on Fiverr but never read about it.

We’re closing in on 1,000 orders, and aside from a few random Instagram posts when we first started (which weren’t even linking to our Fiverr profile), we’ve not advertised on social media at all.

Good for you. I got 4,616 reviews, a few orders came from forum participation, but my Facebook Fiverr page only has 92 likes, and I don’t remember anyone ordering because they saw me on social media.

Most of my orders come from search and reputation.

Same. Too many people approach Fiverr as a transaction vehicle, which I empathize with if they’re not too keen setting up a website and a PayPal button… but Fiverr is spending loads of $$$ to make the site an eCommerce marketplace for services.

Others looking for customers should think of it as the Amazon of freelancing. Apply the same logic to Gigs as you would an ASIN or listing on AZ.

And make sure the services you’re selling are valuable at the price point.

Same. Too many people approach Fiverr as a transaction vehicle, which I empathize with if they’re not too keen setting up a website and a PayPal button… but Fiverr is spending loads of $$$ to make the site an eCommerce marketplace for services.

Others looking for customers should think of it as the Amazon of freelancing. Apply the same logic to Gigs as you would an ASIN or listing on AZ.

And make sure the services you’re selling are valuable at the price point.

Absolutely. I’ve seen listings on Amazon that have no reviews which most likely means they’ve had no orders. Being online is not enough to make money, although there are exceptions.

I once created a t-shirt with a couple of words that suddenly people started searching, so I got 10 sales out of that.

The price point is crazy on Fiverr. It used to be that if you sold at $5, you were guaranteed sales. Now you don’t know if you should sell at $10, $20, $50, etc. It’s all guesswork now.

Fiverr needs to attract more buyers, we have more than enough sellers. Or maybe Fiverr could target sellers in categories that don’t have enough people. I’m sure there’s a few.

Archived