Don't ask sellers to rush orders unless you are willing to pay

Guest matt_garry

Guest matt_garry

why is it that I have 1-2 customers a week who order my service pay me a deserved wage, friendly, describe the job well. But completely ignore my due dates…

I always now feel like I cant let my guard down… I think gee what a great customer, I am going to work so hard on this project in a few days when I have the time:)

next day buyer will send me a message like will it be done in a few hours?? I need it done by tomorow…

uhh all my gigs are a week or more. How are people so smart and dumb at the same time…

Your due date should be the first thing you say to a seller.

I totally understand your frustration! I offer a gig extra for 24-hour delivery, but otherwise, my delivery time is 10 days. It’s definitely annoying to receive messages from potential buyers or current buyers who want their delivery rushed but don’t want to purchase the gig extra.

Basically, if you want your order rushed, you must pay for rush delivery. It’s as simple as that. Every other buyer has to pay the same for rush delivery, so what makes you different? It’s also kind of insulting to other buyers who happily pay the extra fee to ask for free expedited service. The notion that it’s okay to bargain on this point can be frustrating. For example, if I ordered something from Amazon, I would never even THINK to contact the company and try to bargain or beg for expedited delivery. Why is it okay to do that here?

Reply to @matt_garry: Funny you say that because a few minutes ago I just had a buyer who ordered 3 gigs in the past say "How much for a video at a pool in your swimsuit? I should get a discount for being a repeat buyer."

This man has given me a hard time from the first order, and they were only $5 orders. I told him that I do not give discounts and that if he is going to demand one, I will not work with him again.

We all feel your pain :>

I always respond with kind message saying "I’m not sure if you noticed the delivery time for this gig is “X” days, but if you would like to move to the top of my list for “X” delivery please purchase and additional “X” amount."

Sometimes that helps.

I’ve been in such situations several times, with buyers asking “I need in two hours” or “I need in by tomorrow”. I tell them that my maximum delivery time is the one written in the gig, that usually I deliver before the deadline if I don’t have a long queue and if I don’t have express deliveries (that jump on the top of the queue) and that if they need a light-speed delivery, they just have to add the extra on the order!

That said, 99% of the customers asks for discounts or simply don’t order… sad but true 😦

• 2 months later...

Archived