šŸ™ Your Advice Please, Order Cancellation

shakila315

Hello,

Hope someone could help me with this. :thinking: This is my first time and here is the story.

In a previous discussion before placing the order buyer requested to complete five files, After that, he placed an order but provided only 2 files.

I have requested several times for the other three files, but he gave various reasons and delayed it. Therefore I completed those two files and delivered at the end of the order period. Then he has opened a dispute and asked for more time, and I accepted it. But still, he fails to provide the other files and tomorrow is the last day of the order. Hence I ask for his opinion, and now he is requesting mutual cancellation.

Please give me your opinion and advice. What is the best thing to do? What are the consequences when I accept or reject mutual cancellation?

Thanks for your consideration. šŸ™

Shakila315

In this situation, I cancel. This person is obviously going to be a nightmare to work with ā€“ even more so than now ā€“ and you donā€™t have what you need to make the order and itā€™s obvious this person wonā€™t give it to you. So what else could you do? Do incomplete work? Certainly not. This isnā€™t worth your time. Also, you donā€™t want the order to become late and then after two days let them cancel without your mutual agreement because that means an automatic one-star review.

This is why I never start the order until I have everything I need.

It will lower your completion rating, but you will recover from that. Sometimes you get dud gigs. Itā€™s the nature of the beast.

In this situation, I cancel. This person is obviously going to be a nightmare to work with ā€“ even more so than now ā€“ and you donā€™t have what you need to make the order and itā€™s obvious this person wonā€™t give it to you. So what else could you do? Do incomplete work? Certainly not. This isnā€™t worth your time. Also, you donā€™t want the order to become late and then after two days let them cancel without your mutual agreement because that means an automatic one-star review.

This is why I never start the order until I have everything I need.

It will lower your completion rating, but you will recover from that. Sometimes you get dud gigs. Itā€™s the nature of the beast.

Hi humaninssocial,

Thanks for the comment, If I decline the cancellation what will happen? I already completed his given files in the order requirement area.

Hi humaninssocial,

Thanks for the comment, If I decline the cancellation what will happen? I already completed his given files in the order requirement area.

Unfortunately, you canā€™t risk a bad review. This personā€™s actions and intentions seem bad right of the box. This is where Fiverr is just plain out awful for not doing anything about such situations - all while taking a 20% cut from your work. The only ā€˜right thing to doā€™, is to cancel the order under ā€œResolution centerā€ and click on ā€œAsk the buyer to cancel this orderā€ --> ā€œI didnā€™t receive enough information from the buyerā€. This way, the buyer will eventually have to agree on this. Itā€™s a unfortunate situation to be in - but all of us have been there or will end up in the same situation at one point. Just be professional about it. Donā€™t curse or use unnecessary caps lock or something like that.

Another time (yes, ā€œanother timeā€ advice is hard to hear, when youā€™ve already stepped in the mud), always ask for all the necessary information and/or documents you need before you do your work. Also, if the buyer sends you a very complicated document that seems to be full of unnecessarily complicated requirements - then say no thank you to that job. Itā€™s a red flag. They will just say that you have made a small mistake according to their document, and that youā€™ll need to revision it. Just cancel the order or say no thank you and move on.

Itā€™s an awful situation to be in, but hold your head up high and donā€™t look down. Down is where thereā€™s more of these buyers and you donā€™t want to sink to their level. Hope youā€™ll keep on doing your work and be able to see this as just a rock on the road. Good luck to you

Unfortunately, you canā€™t risk a bad review. This personā€™s actions and intentions seem bad right of the box. This is where Fiverr is just plain out awful for not doing anything about such situations - all while taking a 20% cut from your work. The only ā€˜right thing to doā€™, is to cancel the order under ā€œResolution centerā€ and click on ā€œAsk the buyer to cancel this orderā€ --> ā€œI didnā€™t receive enough information from the buyerā€. This way, the buyer will eventually have to agree on this. Itā€™s a unfortunate situation to be in - but all of us have been there or will end up in the same situation at one point. Just be professional about it. Donā€™t curse or use unnecessary caps lock or something like that.

Another time (yes, ā€œanother timeā€ advice is hard to hear, when youā€™ve already stepped in the mud), always ask for all the necessary information and/or documents you need before you do your work. Also, if the buyer sends you a very complicated document that seems to be full of unnecessarily complicated requirements - then say no thank you to that job. Itā€™s a red flag. They will just say that you have made a small mistake according to their document, and that youā€™ll need to revision it. Just cancel the order or say no thank you and move on.

Itā€™s an awful situation to be in, but hold your head up high and donā€™t look down. Down is where thereā€™s more of these buyers and you donā€™t want to sink to their level. Hope youā€™ll keep on doing your work and be able to see this as just a rock on the road. Good luck to you

Hey Luucmeldgaard,

Thank You very much for your advice and It means a lot. Iā€™m going to cancel the oder right away and move forward. šŸ™

Archived