Scared out of my wits!

aditi_rajivm

Hi, I am a proud mamma of a beautiful child and I love him to the moon and back! But I am a workaholic and I want to work besides being a full time mom. That is why I joined fiverr. But I am so scared as this is a totally new world for me! I just had the following questions:

1. Will I be able to take care of my child and work in fiverr too? This is a shout out to all the moms out there!
  2. Its been about three months I have been in fiverr, yet I haven’t got any orders. I just need tips and suggestions from you guys as to how to improve my gig so that I receive orders.
  3. I am a bit introvert in nature and I am scared that it might somehow affect my dealings with customers. What can I do?

It will mean a lot to me if you guys could just help me out here. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Hi, I am a proud mamma of a beautiful child and I love him to the moon and back! But I am a workaholic and I want to work besides being a full time mom. That is why I joined fiverr. But I am so scared as this is a totally new world for me! I just had the following questions:

1. Will I be able to take care of my child and work in fiverr too? This is a shout out to all the moms out there!
  2. Its been about three months I have been in fiverr, yet I haven’t got any orders. I just need tips and suggestions from you guys as to how to improve my gig so that I receive orders.
  3. I am a bit introvert in nature and I am scared that it might somehow affect my dealings with customers. What can I do?

It will mean a lot to me if you guys could just help me out here. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Welcome to the community. 🙂

• Will I be able to take care of my child and work in fiverr too? This is a shout out to all the moms out there!

I’m not a parent, so I can’t answer this, but I’m sure others will be able to. 😆

Its been about three months I have been in fiverr, yet I haven’t got any orders. I just need tips and suggestions from you guys as to how to improve my gig so that I receive orders.

I’ve taken a VERY brief look at your gig, and it looks pretty good. Your profile description could use some work, though. Feel free to add a little personality to it, because you have a nice writing style.

I think the best descriptions tend to include a mixture of personal and professional information. We all like to work with nice, interesting people, but we want those people to be capable and qualified.

1. I am a bit introvert in nature and I am scared that it might somehow affect my dealings with customers. What can I do?

Most buyers on Fiverr are nice, so they won’t try to push your limits, but be on guard for those that do try. A small percentage of buyers are out to exploit vulnerable sellers.

Understand your limits (what you’re willing to do) and give yourself permission to enforce those limits politely. You’ll probably encounter buyers who want you to work quicker than you’re willing to and for less money than you’re willing to. Some will even demand extras they haven’t paid for. You’re free to negotiate a little and to offer extras, but make sure you do so on your terms.

Often freelancers, especially new freelancers, are a little afraid to stand up for themselves. They have limiting beliefs, and these beliefs can cause them to be exploited. I had this problem when I first started freelancing. I didn’t really have it in me to say no to paying customers. I’d end up taking on additional tasks, which I was uncompensated for, and which made me very tired and depressed. I later discovered it’s ok to say no, and other people can even be ok with that, as long as you’re respectful.

• Will I be able to take care of my child and work in fiverr too? This is a shout out to all the moms out there!

I’m not a parent, so I can’t answer this, but I’m sure others will be able to. 😆

Its been about three months I have been in fiverr, yet I haven’t got any orders. I just need tips and suggestions from you guys as to how to improve my gig so that I receive orders.

I’ve taken a VERY brief look at your gig, and it looks pretty good. Your profile description could use some work, though. Feel free to add a little personality to it, because you have a nice writing style.

I think the best descriptions tend to include a mixture of personal and professional information. We all like to work with nice, interesting people, but we want those people to be capable and qualified.

1. I am a bit introvert in nature and I am scared that it might somehow affect my dealings with customers. What can I do?

Most buyers on Fiverr are nice, so they won’t try to push your limits, but be on guard for those that do try. A small percentage of buyers are out to exploit vulnerable sellers.

Understand your limits (what you’re willing to do) and give yourself permission to enforce those limits politely. You’ll probably encounter buyers who want you to work quicker than you’re willing to and for less money than you’re willing to. Some will even demand extras they haven’t paid for. You’re free to negotiate a little and to offer extras, but make sure you do so on your terms.

Often freelancers, especially new freelancers, are a little afraid to stand up for themselves. They have limiting beliefs, and these beliefs can cause them to be exploited. I had this problem when I first started freelancing. I didn’t really have it in me to say no to paying customers. I’d end up taking on additional tasks, which I was uncompensated for, and which made me very tired and depressed. I later discovered it’s ok to say no, and other people can even be ok with that, as long as you’re respectful.

A small percentage of buyers are out to exploit vulnerable sellers.

You may find you encounter fewer exploitative buyers if you remove unlimited revisions from your gig. Unlimited revisions allow a buyer to keep requesting changes to their initial delivery. Sometimes a buyer will try to get extra work done by claiming this extra work constitutes a revision. Sometimes a buyer will just keep hitting the revision button hoping the seller gets frustrated and cancels the order, giving them back their money.

You may have seen a user on this forum called @maitasun say, “unlimited revisions = unlimited headaches!”

Hi @ahmwritingco Thank you so much!! You have just boosted my confidence to the sky! 🙂

I will try to update my gig as you have said. Thanks a million for the complement though! I was just a bit confused as to whether I could leak a bit of my personality into a professional description. Now I can do it!

Archived