Asking a buyer for a feedback

meryembrc

Good evening everyone, I’ve got a question: Is it forbidden to ask a buyer for a feedback?
I left this message to my late customer " Please make sure to rate my job, this will absolutely help me as a new buyer".
Then was surprised by a Fiverr mail saying: “for future reference please keep in mind that asking for good reviews, feedback manipulation and solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited on Fiverr and may lead to a warning being issued to your account.”
I mean, all I asked for was a review, I didn’t try to push my customer nor asked for a GOOD review.
Would anyone help me please?

There is a way to ask it. I do ask all my buyer to drop reviews and I have not receive any warning. I do say " kindly drop a feedback as it is important for the development of this platform" . That is all.

@assist_joanna, you must have missed the link that @lloydsolutions post above.

In it, CS warns, “Any solicitation, manipulation, or just a comment on feedback may lead our relevant team to issue a warning to the user who made this statement.”

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyesimage.png.68111b6f497fbc6f700c62527d3a4be4.pngNonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

There is a way to ask it. I do ask all my buyer to drop reviews and I have not receive any warning. I do say " kindly drop a feedback as it is important for the development of this platform" . That is all.

I do say " kindly drop a feedback as it is important for the development of this platform" .

You have been very lucky so far. Please don’t do this unless you don’t mind having a warning issued.

Good evening everyone, I’ve got a question: Is it forbidden to ask a buyer for a feedback?

I left this message to my late customer " Please make sure to rate my job, this will absolutely help me as a new buyer".

Then was surprised by a Fiverr mail saying: “for future reference please keep in mind that asking for good reviews, feedback manipulation and solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited on Fiverr and may lead to a warning being issued to your account.”

I mean, all I asked for was a review, I didn’t try to push my customer nor asked for a GOOD review.

Would anyone help me please?

feedback manipulation and solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited on Fiverr and may lead to a warning being issued to your account.”

This is the part you violated. While it should probably read, “…manipulation OR solicitation…”, just asking for feedback or a rating is frowned upon. Fiverr does not care if you didn’t push your client to leave a positive feedback, that isn’t the point. You cannot discuss or ask for feedback or ratings period. As said before, when the order is delivered, the client is prompted to leave feedback on their experience. They do not need additional nudges from the seller.

GG

feedback manipulation and solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited on Fiverr and may lead to a warning being issued to your account.”

This is the part you violated. While it should probably read, “…manipulation OR solicitation…”, just asking for feedback or a rating is frowned upon. Fiverr does not care if you didn’t push your client to leave a positive feedback, that isn’t the point. You cannot discuss or ask for feedback or ratings period. As said before, when the order is delivered, the client is prompted to leave feedback on their experience. They do not need additional nudges from the seller.

GG

They do not need additional nudges from the seller.

Plus if the seller asks or hints for feedback after Fiverr has already reminded them to leave feedback then they could get upset 😠 I think it is all about how you treat your client, how good your communication skills are and how helpful you are.

Archived