What is the aspect ratio for Gig Gallery images?

myvoices

I can’t seem to find this info anywhere, but what is the EXACT aspect ratio for Gig Gallery images to NOT stretch and distort when shown as a thumbnail?

The gallery image suggestion says " 550 pixels width x 370", but even when I put up an image at that aspect ratio, it gets stretched horizontally.
If I put up an image at 16x9, it gets squished vertically.

Is there a proper aspect ratio for gallery images so they don’t get distorted when used as a gig thumbnail?

• Like 5

Do you mean stretched when seen as an impression, like in search results? Unfortunately they aren’t clear on that. I’ve found gig images tend to look different as a view than as an impression. I think it’s just a flaw in their setup. I don’t think there is a ratio that would avoid said issues here.

• Like 3

Do you mean stretched when seen as an impression, like in search results? Unfortunately they aren’t clear on that. I’ve found gig images tend to look different as a view than as an impression. I think it’s just a flaw in their setup. I don’t think there is a ratio that would avoid said issues here.

Yes, I do mean in a search result.

It seems kind of crazy that they don’t specify that. When I look at search results for gigs, I see so many with words that are slight squished, or faces look just a bit stretched. And most of it is not a huge amount of stretch or squash, but I have to say it makes so many of the gigs look unprofessional.

And by extension, I feel like my stuff looks amateurish, because of the distortion.

• Like 5

Yes, I do mean in a search result.

It seems kind of crazy that they don’t specify that. When I look at search results for gigs, I see so many with words that are slight squished, or faces look just a bit stretched. And most of it is not a huge amount of stretch or squash, but I have to say it makes so many of the gigs look unprofessional.

And by extension, I feel like my stuff looks amateurish, because of the distortion.

I suspect they don’t specify it because there is no ratio that is ideal for both impressions and views. So annoying and unfortunate, I know. It’s another reason to make a gig video, though!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It seems like when I'm uploading images to a gig in the preview of the image, it looks distorted with their recommended 1280 x 769 px. I changed it to 1600 x 1076 and it still doesn't fit in the preview, but when I published the gig it was fine. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey there! They seem to look ok when you publish them from your Seller perspective Preview, but if you look on the Seller page at your own gig profile, that's where it's distorted. And for me, it's also distorted on my phone.

Seems like this has been an issue of Fiverr 'stretching' and cropping sides of Gig images for a while. It happens in my 3 Gallery pics as well as on my Video.

So nothing looks as professional as I want it too... 😔

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/239203-stretched-pictures-in-search-results-buyers-first-impression/