Quit Complainin'!

bobshaw23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I’m a voice over talent too. I totally agree with you. It’s very important to explore other sources of income. In my case, I work at a few platforms and I have my stand alone website and I’m always improving it. Complainin doesn’t solve any situation. It’s how you react to it that make a difference. I wish you lots of sales.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I’m a voice over talent too. I totally agree with you. It’s very important to explore other sources of income. In my case, I work at a few platforms and I have my stand alone website and I’m always improving it. Complainin doesn’t solve any situation. It’s how you react to it that make a difference. I wish you lots of sales.

Same to you! Thank you!

I do not agree with you.I think you have alternative earning source thats why you say this

I believe I was clear about that. Yes, I do have other sources of income. My point was that you shouldn’t count on Fiverr as your only source. The situation that happened to me motivated me to continue cultivating those other sources and also look for others.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Fearless Sellers!

I’ve been a voice over talent on Fiverr for a little over two years. On October 14th, I became a Top Rated Seller. It’s a personal goal I’ve pursued since I joined.

However…the journey has NOT been easy.

But I’m not complaining.

Believe me, if someone has reason to complain and grumble and moan and groan, it’s me.

I started on Fiverr in late July of 2017. I’ve made a little more than some, a lot less than others. The day I raised my prices and actually received an order almost immediately, I was elated. Things were happening, and happening quickly. January 2018 was my best month. Received a huge order worth hundreds of dollars and the order machine was firing on all cylinders.

Then, the bottom dropped out

In February 2018, a Fiverr glitch removed me from all searches. I wasn’t appearing anywhere. By the time they fixed it, a couple months later, the damage was done. I hadn’t built up enough repeat clientele to sustain me in search results. And the momentum, just like that, was gone.

After my pity party (believe me, that party was a long one), and once the dust settled, I decided to learn from that painful lesson. Although freelancing gives you more control, you are still at the mercy of whatever platform you’re on. My situation can happen to anyone. In fact, it has. It could happen to me again.

Did I complain? Nope.

Fiverr has never been my sole source of voice over income, but at the time it was the most lucrative. So I used that “lull” in Fiverr business to my advantage. I explored other platforms and other opportunities for revenue. I improved my website, contacted potential clients. Whatever I could think of to improve myself and my business, I did. And I’m still doing it to this day. Now, I’m getting much more outside business. And because of that, I don’t sweat the issues that happen from time to time on Fiverr nearly as much.

So, here’s my sage advice: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I know. How cliche. But it certainly applies here. If you’re relying on Fiverr as your sole source of revenue, you’re flirting with disaster. I consider Fiverr just one more spoke in the wheel of my business. A golden spoke, but still a spoke.

So stop complaining! Get better, hone those skills, maybe at times reinvent yourself to be the best you can be. Get out there and make things happen! Develop those goals and blast through them, one by one.

glitch removed me from all searches. I wasn’t appearing anywhere. By the time they fixed it, a couple months later, the damage was done. I hadn’t built up e

When there are valid issues with a platform you can complain. You’re okay to complain. I understand that you dislike complaining. . . . . . Good? But giving notice to an issue that matters is important. It going under deaf ears doesn’t help anyone. When it goes under deaf issues, and the issue effects everyone, it goes overlooked a vast majority of the time on different platforms, and everyone suffers, that’s bad. If anything, suggesting that someone should complain about an issue makes far more sense than suggesting they shouldn’t.

Why in the world would you want to be put in a really bad sitution

and arise no concern if it can be fixed by example? That is really some odd concept you’re giving out there. Which I understand, you’ve developed some personality trait that you associate with being humble. It’s not humble to not raise concern for an issue, dude. Your idea of humbleness is unwarranted in that case.

• 4 weeks later...

glitch removed me from all searches. I wasn’t appearing anywhere. By the time they fixed it, a couple months later, the damage was done. I hadn’t built up e

When there are valid issues with a platform you can complain. You’re okay to complain. I understand that you dislike complaining. . . . . . Good? But giving notice to an issue that matters is important. It going under deaf ears doesn’t help anyone. When it goes under deaf issues, and the issue effects everyone, it goes overlooked a vast majority of the time on different platforms, and everyone suffers, that’s bad. If anything, suggesting that someone should complain about an issue makes far more sense than suggesting they shouldn’t.

Why in the world would you want to be put in a really bad sitution

and arise no concern if it can be fixed by example? That is really some odd concept you’re giving out there. Which I understand, you’ve developed some personality trait that you associate with being humble. It’s not humble to not raise concern for an issue, dude. Your idea of humbleness is unwarranted in that case.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to express here. Might be a language barrier. My point is that you can work yourself into a state of constantly complaining and ignore doing things that are under your control.

Archived