A I being scammed?

weareartfull

A few days ago an a buyer came to me saying they need help with high end beauty retouching. (Please note I did send a offer to this particular buyer via buyer requests and only after that buyer contacted me). And buyer said before paying they need an sample from me and sent me 3 pictures to be retouched. Now I am new to fiverr, therefor I do not have enough samples in my gig to showcase my work. So I said yes, and sent the sample with a watermark on them. But buyer has not responded then after. And I have gone through the buyers profile and buyer account is new. Am I being scammed. If not should I have a chat with the buyer asking whether samples met their expectation?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also received a message, that said write a 450 word, sample work for Entertainment Transcription Services. I only wrote 143 words, I wonder if he copied that work? And then the buyer disappeared.

the buyer disappeare

Respectfully, if he didn’t “buy” he’s not a buyer. I am a buyer because I fork $$ and make a purchase.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, just accurate.

The word BUYER has become so negative on this forum, it automatically signals scam.

I have never asked for a sample on anything I have purchased here. I buy based on how well your gig description is written. If I have any questions, I inbox you.

Never, ever do a free sample for anyone. If someone insist, then ask them to buy a $5 custom sample gig. Problem solved. Your time has been compensated and the buyer for a sample.

If he orders, you can iron out the detail as to if you will give him $5 discount based on sample. 😉

the buyer disappeare

Respectfully, if he didn’t “buy” he’s not a buyer. I am a buyer because I fork $$ and make a purchase.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, just accurate.

The word BUYER has become so negative on this forum, it automatically signals scam.

I have never asked for a sample on anything I have purchased here. I buy based on how well your gig description is written. If I have any questions, I inbox you.

Never, ever do a free sample for anyone. If someone insist, then ask them to buy a $5 custom sample gig. Problem solved. Your time has been compensated and the buyer for a sample.

If he orders, you can iron out the detail as to if you will give him $5 discount based on sample. 😉

Awe thankyou so much ginaa. Thats so nice of you to let me know from your point of view.

Gina, could you also review my gigs, and tell me how I could improve to attract a buyer? And I had one more question, when you buy stuff does a gig having prior sells be of more importance to you?

@zainabzaidi546 It’s not appropriate to ask a top buyer, or any buyer, to review your gig.

Do NOT put them into such an awkward situation as that, how is she supposed to respond? Please be considerate. It’s not her job and she shouldn’t be asked that. It also can sound like spam.

Archived