What are people looking for these days?

eisdesigns

It’s been a awhile ever since joining Fiverr and so many things have changes. In my case i was luckily able to squeeze myself through the ranks of wallpaper design gigs and now appears on the top searches for that niche, but in the same time i’ve failed 4 other gigs which stopped bringing me income. Got me wondering what people are really looking to buy these days in terms of business service and personal enjoyments.

Personally, I believe offer whatever is in your area of expertise. Video overall in increasing in popularity. Have I received video orders? Yes and no. I actually created a video for the title of an eLearning course for a client and they did not ask for it. My point, gain new skills that speak to your target market. Test your offerings. Give time for each to pick up traction. If you do not get an order for something, is there a way you can provide something more to your clients and show them how you can help them by adding in a little extra at no cost to them (initially). I am no level but I’ve hit the dollar amount for L2 and working on getting the orders. Should be L1 next month. Just my 2 cents.

Personally, I believe offer whatever is in your area of expertise. Video overall in increasing in popularity. Have I received video orders? Yes and no. I actually created a video for the title of an eLearning course for a client and they did not ask for it. My point, gain new skills that speak to your target market. Test your offerings. Give time for each to pick up traction. If you do not get an order for something, is there a way you can provide something more to your clients and show them how you can help them by adding in a little extra at no cost to them (initially). I am no level but I’ve hit the dollar amount for L2 and working on getting the orders. Should be L1 next month. Just my 2 cents.

I think jonbass & apettit19 is Right. There is always enough buyer for your skill. Focus on them.

• 1 month later...

Be short and straight to the point. Try to configure an accurate list of things you’ll do and the list of things you won’t do (which is important).

Don’t throw in marketing catchphrases like “satisfaction guaranteed!”, “unlimited revisions!”, etc. It never works and it tends to get people in trouble in any practical situation.

Don’t steal gig descriptions from other people. You’ll get reported if it comes to light.

Bonus tip: be prepared to face the fact that buyers don’t read.

Be short and straight to the point. Try to configure an accurate list of things you’ll do and the list of things you won’t do (which is important).

Don’t throw in marketing catchphrases like “satisfaction guaranteed!”, “unlimited revisions!”, etc. It never works and it tends to get people in trouble in any practical situation.

Don’t steal gig descriptions from other people. You’ll get reported if it comes to light.

Bonus tip: be prepared to face the fact that buyers don’t read.

Thank you @lenasemenkova

I think those are some strong points and can especially relate with 'buyer don’t read’

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is a great opportunity to share how we ask for referral on Fiverr. If anyone have experience in writing referrals feel free to share it with us. Here’s mine and i’d love to learn more.

Hope all is well! I love how we executed the final [Gig Name] and i assumed you did too. Your brief was short and precise which helped me big time through the process. If you happen to know anyone else who might benefit from my services let them know. I’d appreciate a referral if you know someone. Best regards, Michael.

• 4 months later...

Archived