How I make $28,000 per month in sales within my first 6 months on Fiverr

assetecommerce

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don’t ask people to pray for you.

You don’t know what they believe in and you’re asking for a favor.

Plus, it’s unprofessional.

OMG! THIS!!! So annoying when I read, “pray for me”, and we know who they want us to pray to. Sorry, keep religion out of business. I think this every time I read someone new here sounding as though they demand you pray for them or they thank “their God …insert whatever name here…” This site is global, and not everyone has the same belief.

Instead of saying (or demanding in some cases) all of us “pray for you”… why not just say instead, “Wish me luck!”

Rant over.

GG

OMG! THIS!!! So annoying when I read, “pray for me”, and we know who they want us to pray to. Sorry, keep religion out of business. I think this every time I read someone new here sounding as though they demand you pray for them or they thank “their God …insert whatever name here…” This site is global, and not everyone has the same belief.

Instead of saying (or demanding in some cases) all of us “pray for you”… why not just say instead, “Wish me luck!”

Rant over.

GG

Absolutely.

The entitlement and bossiness is what really gets me, on top of one’s imposition of one’s beliefs.

And goes does that even work? People become inclined to buy from you because some people said a prayer? No, people buy for value. That doesn’t change because you solicited prayers…

It’s so wrong to tell people what to do and expect them to practice your beliefs. It’s also screams amateurism. I would never work with someone who solicits my prayers. Ever.

Reasons saying “pray for me” is wrong:

1. This is a business site, not a religious site. It shows that someone doesn’t have experience in the business world.

2. It’s a demand. And it’s a demand to strangers that they do something religious.

3. It shows that someone desperately needs help from whoever they want you to pray to. This should be reserved for when someone has a loved one who is very ill or dying. Even then it is making an assumption that the person is the same religion as they are, and it’s still a demand.

I always wonder when someone says this, do they really expect random strangers to say a prayer for them on demand? It’s extremely offensive, particularly if the person they say it to is a different religion, or an atheist.

I dislike seeing anyone saying “wish me luck” too when it’s on a business site like this one. Luck has nothing to do with success on fiverr.

1. This is a business site, not a religious site. It shows that someone doesn’t have experience in the business world.

2. It’s a demand. And it’s a demand to strangers that they do something religious.

3. It shows that someone desperately needs help from whoever they want you to pray to. This should be reserved for when someone has a loved one who is very ill or dying. Even then it is making an assumption that the person is the same religion as they are, and it’s still a demand.

I always wonder when someone says this, do they really expect random strangers to say a prayer for them on demand? It’s extremely offensive, particularly if the person they say it to is a different religion, or an atheist.

I dislike seeing anyone saying “wish me luck” too when it’s on a business site like this one. Luck has nothing to do with success on fiverr.

I always wonder when someone says this, do they really expect random strangers to say a prayer for them on demand?

I see people saying “keep us in your prayers” on social media, but then again, they’re not saying it to random strangers (and they’re typically doing it in truly difficult situations, like a serious illness in the family).

I always wonder when someone says this, do they really expect random strangers to say a prayer for them on demand?

I see people saying “keep us in your prayers” on social media, but then again, they’re not saying it to random strangers (and they’re typically doing it in truly difficult situations, like a serious illness in the family).

I think praying is a personal thing that people should be the sole decision makers about in their lives. What right does anyone have to tell others what to pray about? Or even to pray at all. I hear it too in various settings and it always seems wrong to me.

I doubt if anyone actually does it, and it’s like people saying “our thoughts and prayers are with you” when you know they really are not praying for anyone.

I think praying is a personal thing that people should be the sole decision makers about in their lives. What right does anyone have to tell others what to pray about? Or even to pray at all. I hear it too in various settings and it always seems wrong to me.

I doubt if anyone actually does it, and it’s like people saying “our thoughts and prayers are with you” when you know they really are not praying for anyone.

What right does anyone have to tell others what to pray about?

To tell, none. But they can ask, and I often see people saying that they will keep them in their prayers/send positive vibes their way.

They’re asking to be comforted, and they’re receiving it.

I completely agree that such a personal act is highly inappropriate on a platform for professionals.

To tell, none. But they can ask, and I often see people saying that they will keep them in their prayers/send positive vibes their way.

I completely agree that such a personal act is highly inappropriate on a platform for professionals.

on a platform for professionals.

Meh…I wouldn’t go that far. Maybe rephrase to “a platform where you can find some professionals as well” 🙂

They aren’t asking. They are demanding. And if they are demanding that of someone who doesn’t pray it’s annoying. There are many religions and many atheists out there who don’t pray.

They aren’t asking. They are demanding. And if they are demanding that of someone who doesn’t pray it’s annoying. There are many religions and many atheists out there who don’t pray.

They aren’t asking. They are demanding.

I apologize if I was unclear, I meant the people I see at social media, not Fiver newbies demanding that we welcome them and pray for them and give them tips and hold their hand and what not. 🙂

You hit the nail on the head about why it offends me.

Honestly, how dare someone tell me to do something for them. The entitlement baffles me.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, luck has nothing to do with whether you will succeed here, but, it sounds much less imposing than a demand to “pray” for someone’s success. That was the best alternative I could come up with at the time! 🙂

GG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived