[Guide] How to Rank Your Gig for Better Results on Fiverr

smashradio

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are several ways to avoid difficult buyers.

I find that having a 5 dollar gig often attracts these buyers. I’ve read a lot about sellers who get stuck in endless revision-loops, with buyers asking you to work for free, and taking advantage of you.

Also, many buyers are aware of the fact that new sellers might be easier to manipulate into doing free work for them because getting the first orders and good reviews are so crucial in the beginning.

But really, the number one alarm bell for me is if they ask you to do work outside of Fiverr. If they ask for your contact information, wanting to talk on other platforms, or ask you to deliver the work outside of Fiverr, there is a big red alarm bell, a gong, a few bombs, and a loud voice screaming “don’t do it!!” in the back of my head.

These people often wish to circumvent the security that this platform provides in that they have to pay upfront and stick to the terms of service.

In addition to keeping revenue on the platform (after all, Fiverr have to pay their bills, too!), this is one of the main reasons why you’re not allowed to share contact info. If someone tries, they receive my standard reply:

"Unfortunately, asking for or sharing that information is a violation of Fiverr Terms of Service. Since I’m making a living here on Fiverr, I make it a point to follow the guidelines. I’m sure we can work together, but I’ll only deliver and accept orders here. I ask for your understanding in this matter. "

If they ask again, I’ll block them, and most certainly, I won’t do business with them.

Another thing you should always do is be specific in your gig description and custom offers when it comes to what your gig includes. Never make it “easy to misunderstand” - because I damn well guarantee that someone will do just that - whether on purpose or not. Being specific will ensure that people can’t easily take advantage of you being new to the platform, because they can’t claim this and that after the fact.

Thanks for clarifying that. 🙂

I’ll be sure to check my gigs for anything that could be misunderstood, and I recommend that anyone who hasn’t does the same.

So happy to hear that updating and working on your gig description worked! I don’t update mine often, but I try to optimize it whenever I can and need. Of course, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But there’s always room for improvements.

In my market there’s no buyers requests. I never seen one related to what I do. Instead, I’m found through search.

After Fiverr removed all the languages with less than a certain amount of sellers in the VO category from the list of languages, I have grown even more dependent on being visible in search, and with all the business coming my way from that end I think a lot of sellers could increase their amount of orders if they paid more attention to this, and not just BR.

Like you said, optimizing your gig description worked for you. I encourage more sellers to do so. Thanks for your reply!

That’s a great piece of advice and tips

Thank you

I had a look at a couple of your gigs, and they seem to be optimized pretty well for search! This leads me to believe the problem might be the competition in your niche.

Logo design has a ton of sellers offering similar gigs. This means that you’re competing against several others who might also be optimizing their gig. This is similar to what happens with SEO on the web in general. If you’re trying to rank a site in a crowded niche it becomes a lot harder to get clear results.

In your case, I would imagine getting more orders could help you rank higher. Like I said, this isn’t a full-proof way of getting your gig on the first page, but just a guide on how you can optimize your gig to improve your ranking. Factors like the amount of orders you’re getting also matter.

I hope you’ll work it out and succeed in your category! 🙂

Please my account is not found in search engine despite getting order from return buyer, yet still no where to be found. CS always told me my account is active. Please any help?

Please my account is not found in search engine despite getting order from return buyer, yet still no where to be found. CS always told me my account is active. Please any help?

Hi,

The algorithm will sometimes move gigs around in the results. Besides, if the competition is high (i.e., many sellers offering similar services), it will be harder to rank in search. If you follow the advice in my post and deliver high-quality work while being consistent in your deliveries, your ranking should improve over time.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, this is no miracle cure for ranking 1st in search.

In regards to your gig specifically, I noticed some inconsistent punctuation and spelling. If I were looking for someone to be my writer, I would surely skip on any seller with those issues in their gig description. I advise you to improve the gig description by using tools like Grammarly Pro to correct any spelling mistakes or inconsistencies in your writing.

Remember, your gig description is your business card – treat it like your most valuable asset on this platform.

Keep up the good work!

The problem is that while this worked in the past, in the present this means nothing as it seems Fiverr’s new algorithm is favoring only a certain group of people, while its leaving professionals with great expertise and past on Fiverr in the void. Many top rated sellers with great reputation among the buyers are experiencing that ever since impressions is down and is under “rework”, low level gigs with low ratings get the exposure, while the system is leaving basically most of the top Gigs in the background and experience a 50%+ fall in both activity and income. Basically top rated Gigs with years of past and hundreds of reviews are basically avoided by the new system. This guide what you described @smashwradio, unfortunately works only in the old system, but seemingly it doesn’t work in the new one. 😦

Archived