Rude customer, Im new help!

stefadilorenzo

Hi community! Im having a problem with a client. Im new in fiverr, this is my 9th order.
I will really appreciate if you guys could read this and give me your opinion. This is the whole story:
He contacted me 3 weeks ago to see if i could make a 4 page example for a brochure design. Since im new i accepted. He insisted that i sent him the source file which i thought it wasnt necessary so i just sent him a pdf. He contacted me 3 days ago with my pdf with some filters attached on (weird) and asked me to do the gig which i accepted. Total of 20 pages, but the word file with the text he sent me was more than that + all the photos. So it was really hard to make all the information enter there. I offered him that i could do the extra pages for free so that his brochure looked good but he didnt want. After the second draft he really really insisted that i sent him the source file without delivering the order. He gave a lot of explanations insisting that he was not going to steal my work, that he had principals, that he could have done it with the draft, blah blah blah. Which i found all this explanation and demand really weird. I sent him the source file delivering the order but telling him he shouldnt worry that i will finish the gig ofcourse. Its been 3 days and its a nightmare. The client is changing things all the time going backwards and foward, he is sending me messages every half a hour from 8 am to 1 am, hes being rude all the time and treating me as if i was stupid. I had all good experiences in this platform and i been doing this for more than 10 years, so i dont think im doing things the wrong way.
What do you guys think about this situation? I would prefer to give the money back and let him the work for free. I dont wont him to damage my reputation since i dont have a lot of reviews yet. I really cant deal with this guy anymore

Thx a lot for reading!

You already decided to cancel this order so go ahead and do that. Use the resolution center and send an offer to cancel for him to accept.

Thx crystal for your response!

I already delivered the order with the source file, but we keep working. Its this possible? I told him we could leave it like this and he wont have to pay me but he doesnt want. The work is 95% finished but i really dont mind

If we can still cancel it, could he leave me a review anyones?

Thx crystal for your response!

I already delivered the order with the source file, but we keep working. Its this possible? I told him we could leave it like this and he wont have to pay me but he doesnt want. The work is 95% finished but i really dont mind

If we can still cancel it, could he leave me a review anyones?

No, he wouldn’t be able to leave a review if you cancel it. But of course your buyer will have to accept your cancellation request

But if he doesn’t want to cancel isn’t it better to push back then?

How many revisions do you offer?

You can tell him that you have x amount revisions included in your gig/offer and that he used all of them. If he want to add more changes then it will cost x amount per revision (and here you can send him a custom offer right away)

95% is not really finished work so it looks like you were showing him your work before it was completed and that’s why you got into this loop of endless changes.

I would advise to finish your work, send it through “deliver” button and tell him all above what I wrote about revisions.

No, he wouldn’t be able to leave a review if you cancel it. But of course your buyer will have to accept your cancellation request

But if he doesn’t want to cancel isn’t it better to push back then?

How many revisions do you offer?

You can tell him that you have x amount revisions included in your gig/offer and that he used all of them. If he want to add more changes then it will cost x amount per revision (and here you can send him a custom offer right away)

95% is not really finished work so it looks like you were showing him your work before it was completed and that’s why you got into this loop of endless changes.

I would advise to finish your work, send it through “deliver” button and tell him all above what I wrote about revisions.

Hola Maria!

Thx for the response. I offered unlimited revisions. Big mistake i know, but that the music i have to dance with now. The work actually is 100% done, hes just changing colours, texts and things like that all the time. I even had to sent him the fonts i used. Thats why i expressed it as 95% done. It normally takes me about 10 hours of work with the revisions to finish an order like this. But its been more than 40 now. And i really dont tolerate anymore the rudeness, the harass and the “trying to take advantage” all the time.

Hola Maria!

Thx for the response. I offered unlimited revisions. Big mistake i know, but that the music i have to dance with now. The work actually is 100% done, hes just changing colours, texts and things like that all the time. I even had to sent him the fonts i used. Thats why i expressed it as 95% done. It normally takes me about 10 hours of work with the revisions to finish an order like this. But its been more than 40 now. And i really dont tolerate anymore the rudeness, the harass and the “trying to take advantage” all the time.

You can Also ask customer support also to cancel your order. However they might refuse doing so.

You can also try last thing with your buyer: to ask to think through all his revisions that he want and put them into one document instead of sending them one by one. So that will make him think it through and not only changing whatever came into his mind.

You can Also ask customer support also to cancel your order. However they might refuse doing so.

You can also try last thing with your buyer: to ask to think through all his revisions that he want and put them into one document instead of sending them one by one. So that will make him think it through and not only changing whatever came into his mind.

Thx Maria! I just tried that. In the meantime he sent me like 10 messages and a complete changed brochure. I will kindly ask again to cancel de order once i finish all this new changes. Thx for the support, means a lot.

Thx Maria! I just tried that. In the meantime he sent me like 10 messages and a complete changed brochure. I will kindly ask again to cancel de order once i finish all this new changes. Thx for the support, means a lot.

I will kindly ask again to cancel de order once i finish all this new changes

Why would you doo all changes if you are going to cancel your order anyway?

As per fiverr tos he wouldn’t be able to use your brochure as all copyrights belong to you.

Hi community! Im having a problem with a client. Im new in fiverr, this is my 9th order.

I will really appreciate if you guys could read this and give me your opinion. This is the whole story:

He contacted me 3 weeks ago to see if i could make a 4 page example for a brochure design. Since im new i accepted. He insisted that i sent him the source file which i thought it wasnt necessary so i just sent him a pdf. He contacted me 3 days ago with my pdf with some filters attached on (weird) and asked me to do the gig which i accepted. Total of 20 pages, but the word file with the text he sent me was more than that + all the photos. So it was really hard to make all the information enter there. I offered him that i could do the extra pages for free so that his brochure looked good but he didnt want. After the second draft he really really insisted that i sent him the source file without delivering the order. He gave a lot of explanations insisting that he was not going to steal my work, that he had principals, that he could have done it with the draft, blah blah blah. Which i found all this explanation and demand really weird. I sent him the source file delivering the order but telling him he shouldnt worry that i will finish the gig ofcourse. Its been 3 days and its a nightmare. The client is changing things all the time going backwards and foward, he is sending me messages every half a hour from 8 am to 1 am, hes being rude all the time and treating me as if i was stupid. I had all good experiences in this platform and i been doing this for more than 10 years, so i dont think im doing things the wrong way.

What do you guys think about this situation? I would prefer to give the money back and let him the work for free. I dont wont him to damage my reputation since i dont have a lot of reviews yet. I really cant deal with this guy anymore

Thx a lot for reading!

. The client is changing things all the time going backwards and foward, he is sending me messages every half a hour from 8 am to 1 am,

I have those type of customers all the time , they don’t follow the rules , they don’t care about the description of the gig and so on … patience is required

Thx a lot for reading!

Since im new i accepted.

The only thing I would say to you, and to other sellers who are just starting out, is be careful of this mentality. You might be new to Fiverr, but like you mentioned elsewhere in your post, you’re not new to your industry, so don’t let people take advantage of you.

When we started out, we were targeted by all kinds of people who wanted to exploit our ‘newbie’ status to get us to work for virtually nothing, and treating us like dirt at the same time. We had a policy that if someone wanted us to reduce our prices back then, we would do it, in order to get the positive review. But the second someone began treating us like children, or talking to us offensively, or suggesting something that was clearly a scam, we would walk away, even if it meant a cancellation. In fact, more than 50% of our cancellations from the past 3 years occurred within our first 6 months.

We refused to let the fact that we were new on this platform change the way in which we allowed other people to engage with us.

Dropping your costs in the early-days is absolutely fine, but don’t ever drop your standards with regard to how you expect to be treated by another human.

(I won’t add to the advice about this order as it sounds like plenty of people have already advised you to stop working and cancel!) 😉

I will kindly ask again to cancel de order once i finish all this new changes

Why are you going to cancel the order(after changing)?. I thinks this is not a good option. You should follow the mariashtelle1’s advice.

Feel sorry to read your problem.
Everybody here who suggest you perfect way. So it’s time to make a final decision.
As read you last post you will decided to send him the final revision. Its OK.
You also mention us that you are tried to doing his works. So please add some text to the delivery massage that ‘you are going to mutual cancellation if he send again a revision request for major change’. Wait for his replay and do what you want.

Negative side:-

1. if you cancel the order, your order compleat rete will reduce some of percent accoduing recent oder. (Which will recover soon)
  2. A canclled order show your inside profile ‘order’ menu which other person never able to see.
  3. Don’t want to say anything about revenue.

Positive side:-

1. Buyer never able to give any review for this order. (Nor Good/ nor bad). So don’t worry.
  2. You will free from mental pressar.

Here is the most of points.
Please do, what you really want.
And share with us.

i had this issue with a customer, so I contacted customer support and told the whole story, in a few hours, the customer support agent canceled the order.

and its not affected to my rating 🙂 go through resolution center and contact acustomer support agent for doing this,

hope this helps!

He can now leave a review at any time since you delivered it. So be sure to cancel it before he leaves a review.

The best thing to do is to notify customer support that you want to cancel this order and do not tell him you are about to do that.

In this way you will get the order cancelled and he won’t be able to first leave a review.

Since im new i accepted.

The only thing I would say to you, and to other sellers who are just starting out, is be careful of this mentality. You might be new to Fiverr, but like you mentioned elsewhere in your post, you’re not new to your industry, so don’t let people take advantage of you.

When we started out, we were targeted by all kinds of people who wanted to exploit our ‘newbie’ status to get us to work for virtually nothing, and treating us like dirt at the same time. We had a policy that if someone wanted us to reduce our prices back then, we would do it, in order to get the positive review. But the second someone began treating us like children, or talking to us offensively, or suggesting something that was clearly a scam, we would walk away, even if it meant a cancellation. In fact, more than 50% of our cancellations from the past 3 years occurred within our first 6 months.

We refused to let the fact that we were new on this platform change the way in which we allowed other people to engage with us.

Dropping your costs in the early-days is absolutely fine, but don’t ever drop your standards with regard to how you expect to be treated by another human.

(I won’t add to the advice about this order as it sounds like plenty of people have already advised you to stop working and cancel!) 😉

This is amazing, it really means a lot in this moment. I already contacted costumber support to cancel the order. Hes still messaging me non stop, looks like this guy doesnt sleep. I hope they answer me before he leaves me a bad review

This is amazing, it really means a lot in this moment. I already contacted costumber support to cancel the order. Hes still messaging me non stop, looks like this guy doesnt sleep. I hope they answer me before he leaves me a bad review

Hes still messaging me non stop

Leave a little time before you answer him to at least get it slowed down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi community. So this is what happened:
I contacted fiverr for support and it was really disappointing. It was disappointing that probably they didn’t even read the whole message i sent them, and for sure they didnt take the time to review the chat log with my client. The harass and rudeness was clear. And if they saw the changes the client requested all the time, they would have seen this were due to changes in content, colors or things like that. NON were made because of layout design (this was approved 100% before even creating the order). So what they just answered me was something short like “we cant intervene if you cant satisfy client demands. I was really disappointed. Disappointed that Fiverr doesnt even take time to review this cases that concern us. I reached Level 1 now after 2 months. I hope im a bit more “valuable” to them now and if there is a next time for something like this, at least they take the time to hear me.
The good thing is that 11 days passed since i delivered the order and i didnt get any review yet. For what i understand they just have 10 days to leave it right? Is there a way they can still leave a review? Since the client its still messaging me. I finished the order like a week ago (i continued working 4 days more after i delivered the order) But he is still claiming things that i warned him about when we started working and he didnt listen.
Pd: thanks a lot for all the support and advices i received here. They meant a lot.

Hi community. So this is what happened:

I contacted fiverr for support and it was really disappointing. It was disappointing that probably they didn’t even read the whole message i sent them, and for sure they didnt take the time to review the chat log with my client. The harass and rudeness was clear. And if they saw the changes the client requested all the time, they would have seen this were due to changes in content, colors or things like that. NON were made because of layout design (this was approved 100% before even creating the order). So what they just answered me was something short like “we cant intervene if you cant satisfy client demands. I was really disappointed. Disappointed that Fiverr doesnt even take time to review this cases that concern us. I reached Level 1 now after 2 months. I hope im a bit more “valuable” to them now and if there is a next time for something like this, at least they take the time to hear me.

The good thing is that 11 days passed since i delivered the order and i didnt get any review yet. For what i understand they just have 10 days to leave it right? Is there a way they can still leave a review? Since the client its still messaging me. I finished the order like a week ago (i continued working 4 days more after i delivered the order) But he is still claiming things that i warned him about when we started working and he didnt listen.

Pd: thanks a lot for all the support and advices i received here. They meant a lot.

The good thing is that 11 days passed since i delivered the order and i didnt get any review yet. For what i understand they just have 10 days to leave it right? Is there a way they can still leave a review?

So I do not see a problem to be frank about it. If he is simply annoying and rude at this point just continue answering in a short professional manner.

Fiverr is not going to step in and come between a buyer and seller. This is one of the situations we must handle ourselves since we are self employed.

I thought you wanted to cancel the order?

Archived