Please Fiverr Listen – The Audio Quality Needs to Change!

Anna

I know there have been numerous posts on this topic the past couple of weeks.

It has also been brought up on a staff channel by a pro seller. Please take this into consideration and do something about it.

This doesn’t make a good impression on clients and is also a disadvantage for sellers.

I don’t even want to know how many deliveries get rejected by clients, even the playback on the site (delivery window) takes a hit. It doesn’t sound right!

Here is a summary of posts in regards of the topic:

pollHi Fiverr’s (This Poll is 100% anonymous ) Poor Audio / Video quality in any streamed gig portfolio or examples… This POLL not just directed at voice overs and sellers that produce audio. As this seems to effect anyone creating a gig, delivering , and portfolio samples. This is a recent phenomenon that sellers noticed around June /July of this year. If you have uploaded an audio sample or video recently you may have noticed a drastic drop in the quality of the video, audio especia…
Hey all, I’ve updates my gig video a little while ago and it looks and sounds great before I upload it but as soon as it goes live on the site the audio is horrible and I’m a voice over artist. I’ve tried everything I could think of, anyone have a fix for this. My gig was fine before but even when I upload my old gig the quality, only on the site, is now poor as well.
Hello everyone, so I basically have nothing to rant about else than a unusual thing that is happening to me in the last days. I used to have a video for my gig that had everything good including the audio’s quality. Lately I had to make some changes so I edited it and re-uploaded it again, what surprised me is that the audio was very compressed to the level of ruining its quality, and as a music producer this will affect the impression that I give to potential customers. My question is: Is th…
Hi Everyone, Is anyone experiencing reverb or poor audio quality after you upload a video or audio into the NEW PORTFOLIO area in the profile settings? 4 out of my 5 videos have a terrible reverb. They actually sound perfect on my own WordPress website.
I am a audio mixing and mastering engineer so I’m constantly sending audio files back and forth with clients through fiverr. Currently, the audio player playback quality is really bad. While I don’t expect full lossless audio playback (a 320kbps mp3 would suffice), what’s currently in use isn’t even mp3 quality. It sounds extremely low-fi. I know you can alleviate this by downloading the file and then listening to it, but I believe this has a high potential to miss lead people and based on a rec…
Hi, iv’e just uploaded some audio for one of my gigs but its come out really bad quality and not half as good as the original mp3. any ideas how to get this to full quality? sounds like fiver has compressed the audio to within an inch of its life. any help would be great thanks
I’ve noticed that the audio quality on the gig portfolio basically sucks. I have a VO gig here on Fiverr, and I always deliver in .wav format with crisp and clean sound. If I download the delivered files, they sound perfectly fine. But when I play them back in the portfolio on my gig page, or in the delivered order (the preview), the audio quality sucks. It sounds like 64kbps mp3’s to be honest. This is reflecting very badly on my work. Anyone else noticed the compression on the portfolio? This…
I’ve been trying to upload a gallery demo for my gig and every time it comes out distorted.Its in mp3 and it is loud sitting at -12 LUFS, but it was still distorted at -17LUFS. I Bounced the audio and put it under a spectrum and saw that everything above 10khz was chopped off!.It only sounds like that after posting it, and all the other copies are fine and have all of their information. distortion.JPG.b434f930fd9d11203ff6ca0a83f996dc.JPG
My Fiverr gig video sounds great, but following upload to Fiverr’s servers it sounds distorted and horrible. It sounds like clipping, so I’m going to do some experimenting and report back. It would really help if Fiverr offered the exact specifications for video/audio codec, and encoding. For example, loudness levels in LUFS, bitrate for audio, and video, for best results. Etc.

I have officially sent Fiverr a complaint about this today

64bit 22ktz Audio and 720p reduced to its lowest bitrate does not reflect on us good!

So the one on the right is the file you uploaded (1080p30) and the one on the left is the one it actually stored after compression (720p60)? If so, its unusual that it doubled the frame rate from 30 fps to 60 fps. Allowing 60 fps is good but not changing an existing frame rate from 30 fps to 60 fps (maybe it thought it compressed better that way, though I imagine it wouldn’t usually be the case).

So the one on the right is the file you uploaded (1080p30) and the one on the left is the one it actually stored after compression (720p60)? If so, its unusual that it doubled the frame rate from 30 fps to 60 fps. Allowing 60 fps is good but not changing an existing frame rate from 30 fps to 60 fps (maybe it thought it compressed better that way, though I imagine it wouldn’t usually be the case).

No , I tried various file compressions 30/60 frames a second and Avi variations the result was the same. And then I went to other sellers gigs who I know just added a gig . The results were the same. This morning I uploaded 4 variations 720/60fps/320k was the last one.

They all produced streamed video that looked the same and audio @ 64b 22ktz

No , I tried various file compressions 30/60 frames a second and Avi variations the result was the same. And then I went to other sellers gigs who I know just added a gig . The results were the same. This morning I uploaded 4 variations 720/60fps/320k was the last one.

They all produced streamed video that looked the same and audio @ 64b 22ktz

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p60) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30).

It would be better I think to put on the “after upload” screen the exact properties after upload of the one on the right (the one which was originally 1080p30 before uploading).

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p60) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30).

It would be better I think to put on the “after upload” screen the exact properties after upload of the one on the right (the one which was originally 1080p30 before uploading).

Sorry , it keeps the frame rate. Although it was converted from 30fps to 60 by imedia. So technically it’s not really 30fps. Basically audio is now pushed down to 22k from 48k no matter what.

This is the response from CS

"Unfortunately, this is not something that can be fixed as this is a system’s default and cannot be changed. The system will always change the audio quality for the video. "…

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p 60 ) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30)

The one on the left is the original file I uploaded a few weeks ago. Still by main beef is the audio.

Sorry , it keeps the frame rate. Although it was converted from 30fps to 60 by imedia. So technically it’s not really 30fps. Basically audio is now pushed down to 22k from 48k no matter what.

This is the response from CS

"Unfortunately, this is not something that can be fixed as this is a system’s default and cannot be changed. The system will always change the audio quality for the video. "…

No problem. I just think for showing to CS or anyone it would maybe be better showing the exact changes after uploading a particular original file. ie. just showing the properties after clicking on it from Windows Explorer and selecting the “properties” or showing the properties using the “MediaInfo” app, without anything converting it afterwards or not showing accurately the fps of the file directly after Fiverr has converted it - edit: or it being from a different uploaded file.

No problem. I just think for showing to CS or anyone it would maybe be better showing the exact changes after uploading a particular original file. ie. just showing the properties after clicking on it from Windows Explorer and selecting the “properties” or showing the properties using the “MediaInfo” app, without anything converting it afterwards or not showing accurately the fps of the file directly after Fiverr has converted it - edit: or it being from a different uploaded file.

No problem. I just think for showing to CS or anyone it would maybe be better showing the exact changes after uploading a particular original file. ie. just showing the properties after clicking on it from Windows Explorer and selecting the “properties” or showing the properties using the “MediaInfo” app, without anything converting it afterwards or not showing accurately the fps of the file directly after Fiverr has converted it

So in a nutshell …

What ever the upload is encoded with the result being the same.

.720 at what ever frame rate your vid

.Audio @,64b 22ktz

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p 60 ) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30)

The one on the left is the original file I uploaded a few weeks ago. Still by main beef is the audio.

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p 60 ) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30

Uk1000 What was the original down conversion?

Before they allowed 720

So it’s confusing if you put “before” on the one on the right and “after” on the one on the left but the one on the left (720p 60 ) isn’t what Fiverr has converted it to from the one on the right (1080p30

Uk1000 What was the original down conversion?

Before they allowed 720

848x478 image resolution (16:9 aspect ratio) for the video and I thought a max of 30 fps.

You posted a screenshot of one with that resolution in the link below

Here’s my gig from a year ago. low frame rate but audio was still at 44k [1%20year%20ago]

848x478 image resolution (16:9 aspect ratio) for the video and I thought a max of 30 fps.

You posted a screenshot of one with that resolution in the link below

Here’s my gig from a year ago. low frame rate but audio was still at 44k [1%20year%20ago]

I was going to upload a video at that ratio and see if the audio stays at 44ktz . That was the output so I guess I’ll see what happens. Could not remember the minimum video requirements from a year ago,.

Yeah all I can say is 64bit mp3’s is totally unacceptable these days for a media driven website. If soundcloud and other websites can house 320kbps mp3’s so can fiverr. I’ve easily lost about $1000 in the past year do to this issue because of clients cancelling orders because they thought the quality was terrible.

I realize that a client has to be pretty stupid to no realize something isn’t right and that the preview has been data compressed (how could things get lower quality than what you sent the seller…) but many clients are very ignorant and don’t figure this out, and I didn’t realize this was an issue until recently.

• 6 months later...

@annai80 Any updates on this? I uploaded a intro video and was SHOCKED how distorted it sounds once it hits Fiverr’s platform…How on earth can we get clients to hire us with these terrible distortions? My video plays fine off this platform… Any tips on how to get around this? I’m assuming it’s due to compressing the file to accomodate Fiverr’s file size requirments?

Archived