Response from CS about order limits

gwyneth_galvin

I think the statement “Only out of office mode is the only way that guarantees no one will be able to place orders.” is only correct if amended with “apart from orders you sent custom offers for, even such you sent to buyer requests months ago”.

Don’t know if over the top price increase is a good option, people who’d look at your gigs during that time might not look again when they are back at the normal price, but perhaps worth a try.

I think the statement “Only out of office mode is the only way that guarantees no one will be able to place orders.” is only correct if amended with “apart from orders you sent custom offers for, even such you sent to buyer requests months ago”.

You forgot to add:

“… and also even then it might not work, IDK LOL”

I literally work 7 days a week, year round, with only the occasional break. I took a week off for my wedding, and Fiverr’s wedding gift to me was a drop in my sales by around $1200 for that month. Luckily I have a part time job to supplement my income, but jeez. You should be able to take a dang week off work once a year.

I’ve taken off 3 times in seven years, twice for emergency operations, and once when a huge hurricane was headed to my family’s house.

For the two operations I was only out of office four days each time. Those weren’t too bad as far as sales going down but this last time it was disaster for my sales.

I would only recommend setting an incredibly high price or delivery time of 15-30 days.

In order to limit the orders in the queue, I always raise my prices.

Using Out of the Office mode and other similar solutions may negatively affect your stats.

If you offer a voiceover for $200, there won’t be a lot of buyers to order it. At the same time, your gig will be shown in search and you can communicate with customers to work with them in the future.

Even if someone orders it, it will be a great motivation to finish it to get 💰

Using Out of the Office mode and other similar solutions may negatively affect your stats.

There seems to be a correlation between the number of orders I get immediately after I’m back (mostly from regulars) and the “recovery time” of the gig. It’s a couple of days with 5+ orders and a week+ for less than that.

Either way, I use out of office mode every 2-3 months and love the feature despite everything. A few slower weeks are a reasonable trade-off for a proper vacation. I tried to keep my gigs active at all times with longer delivery times but I got a pretty severe burnout from trying to make everything work. It’s not for me.

I mean good god. Literally no one will just answer my question.

Sometimes I feel like they’re being like this on purpose. When there is an issue and it’s a tricky one to fix and not too widespread. So it’s not a priority and they just pretend they don’t understand what you’re talking about so you don’t ask them for updates.

I use out of office mode quite often, not for too long though usually, but I’d really appreciate if at least no new people could message me … half of those being spammers and such too, anyway …

I take 7-10 days off and get messages from new people for the first 1-2 days of being away. Then it’s pretty rare and it’s only the regulars. Sometimes I wish someone new would write but no one does even if I tick that “allow new buyers to contact me” option. It’s been like this for years.

It’s just bizarre that the feature is the same but the experiences with it are this different from user to user.

I take 7-10 days off and get messages from new people for the first 1-2 days of being away. Then it’s pretty rare and it’s only the regulars. Sometimes I wish someone new would write but no one does even if I tick that “allow new buyers to contact me” option. It’s been like this for years.

It’s just bizarre that the feature is the same but the experiences with it are this different from user to user.

I take 7-10 days off and get messages from new people for the first 1-2 days of being away. Then it’s pretty rare and it’s only the regulars.

I noticed the same thing. I got new buyers for the first two days after I came back and orders. Then it stopped and only previous buyers were placing orders. It’s never gotten back into full swing where it was before and it’s now been one month.

I would only recommend setting an incredibly high price or delivery time of 15-30 days.

In order to limit the orders in the queue, I always raise my prices.

If you offer a voiceover for $200, there won’t be a lot of buyers to order it. At the same time, your gig will be shown in search and you can communicate with customers to work with them in the future.

Even if someone orders it, it will be a great motivation to finish it to get 💰

If a regular customer wants to order and he sees that you raised the price from $30 to $200, he will never look for you again when you are free. He will become someone else’s regular and you will eventually have quite a lot of free time, it’s true, but I don’t know if Gwyneth wants that for a long time 🙂

If a regular customer wants to order and he sees that you raised the price from $30 to $200, he will never look for you again when you are free. He will become someone else’s regular and you will eventually have quite a lot of free time, it’s true, but I don’t know if Gwyneth wants that for a long time 🙂

He will become someone else’s regular

It doesn’t happen in my case because 90% of my regular customers need custom offers all the time.

I don’t think regulars are the issue either, most if not all of mine message to ask for a custom offer anyway, I don’t think they even look at the gigs anymore.

But new potential buyers who are interested in a service and check the gig out while there’s a price that’s not an “actual price” but just to keep people from ordering, of course might not come back. Unless the gig is normally way under-priced, in that case, who knows, a different kind of customers might buy the “don’t buy me!” gig then 🙃
Trial and error is the only way to find out, I guess.

I don’t think regulars are the issue either, most if not all of mine message to ask for a custom offer anyway, I don’t think they even look at the gigs anymore.

But new potential buyers who are interested in a service and check the gig out while there’s a price that’s not an “actual price” but just to keep people from ordering, of course might not come back. Unless the gig is normally way under-priced, in that case, who knows, a different kind of customers might buy the “don’t buy me!” gig then 🙃

The good thing about out of office mode is they get a notice when you come back and that’s probably why you get the initial bump in orders when you return.

It’s just that you then have half the orders you always had after that.

My new clients keep telling me they got other similar gigs to mine before they saw mine and wonder why they didn’t see mine first.

I asked this question in my reply, and another agent got back to me with this response:

If you have put your gig on Pause, use the Vacation mode, or you have set the limit of orders, but you appreciate you old and returning customers and want them to be able to reach you at any time, they can do this through the direct link you have shared with them.

Great. So then turning it OFF means that they CAN’T do that. Am I missing something here?

ect link you have shared with them.

You can hire someone also …

It’s goofy as hell that we’re even discussing ways to stay afloat because Fiver doesn’t offer a practical way.

You know what? The last person who posted “I made xxxK on Fiverr” just put his prices up.

The practical way to put off low paying (any paying!) buyers is to put up your prices to something you consider ridicuous … and when you get back from your day off,you may find that putting up your prices was the best thing that happened to you - new clients, eager to pay more for your services … but fewer of them, so no queue …

You know what? The last person who posted “I made xxxK on Fiverr” just put his prices up.

The practical way to put off low paying (any paying!) buyers is to put up your prices to something you consider ridicuous … and when you get back from your day off,you may find that putting up your prices was the best thing that happened to you - new clients, eager to pay more for your services … but fewer of them, so no queue …

I agree that the perfect way to limit your orders is to put up your prices higher than you had previously considered. That’s what I did and it works well.

Archived