Your take on these kind of gigs?

k4u_91

Hmmm … a counsellor, therapist or life coach offers a service. Mostly it’s talking therapy, designed to lead the client to answer their own questions. They get paid for that service … and no one complains that it may take years …

Someone in the “woo woo” section offers a service, offers a bit of advice … and everyone complains it’s “not real”.

Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Depends on the person offering it and what they’re offering.

I have no doubt at all that @misscrystal has something going for her … took me a while to get through the … for want of a better word, “miasm” around her and her gigs.

Some others, actually for a similar reason, I wouldn’t go anywhere near

These things can’t be measured. Yet. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist or work.

Time was no one believed in germs because they couldn’t be seen or measured. They still existed, though, and made people sick.

People were imprisoned and worse, because they said the world was round. Didn’t make it flat, though.

We’re beginning to see studies on all kinds of energy work - and it may surprise you to know that these studies are showing positive results.

If you don’t understand something, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means you don’t understand it. And even if there’s no scientific proof that probably means that science hasn’t caught up with it yet.

And even if there’s no scientific proof that probably means that science hasn’t caught up with it yet.

Science could test some of the claims made by some eg. those who claim to make someone win the lottery (or greatly increase their chances) or eg. those who say they’ll make someone incredibly rich. I’m not saying any of those claims aren’t correct. It’s possible those who say they can do that could do those things and lots more. But it’s still possible for science to tests things like that.

And even if there’s no scientific proof that probably means that science hasn’t caught up with it yet.

Science could test some of the claims made by some eg. those who claim to make someone win the lottery (or greatly increase their chances) or eg. those who say they’ll make someone incredibly rich. I’m not saying any of those claims aren’t correct. It’s possible those who say they can do that could do those things and lots more. But it’s still possible for science to tests things like that.

Well, that’s true - but there are so many who focus on money and the lottery. A much more sensible - and useful! - idea is to become the person who is in demand for their skills.

Luck is nice too … but I think the whole lottery thing is more about keeping the people on side with inequality. Who doesn’t want to be rich …

Well, that’s true - but there are so many who focus on money and the lottery. A much more sensible - and useful! - idea is to become the person who is in demand for their skills.

Luck is nice too … but I think the whole lottery thing is more about keeping the people on side with inequality. Who doesn’t want to be rich …

And if those who claim things like that they can make people win the lottery by buying their gig can do what they say, why don’t they do that magic to make themselves win the lottery instead and so not have to work on Fiverr? If they’re selling that gig on Fiverr instead of using the magic to make themselves rich, doesn’t that put into question their abilities to do what they say?

My take on this type of gig is that it’s pure scam. The persons who buy these gigs are easy targets for this type of thing, and in my opinion, any and all religious “services” like that should be removed from the site. But then again, the people who buy these gigs gets exactly what they deserve: nothing.

The problem is that the sellers who offer this type of “service” gets a lot more than they deserve, in the form of cold hard cash to pray on people who fall for this type of crap.

Now I’m not saying all the sellers who offer this type of services are knowingly scamming people. Some of them might even believe in what they are doing - but that doesn’t make it more right in my opinion. This is on the same level as religious TV-channels charging hundreds of dollars from their victims to “pray on air” etc.

It’s getting more and more woo woo in physics all the time.

So if science eg. physics/maths can test any of the claims, shouldn’t they - or shouldn’t any of the claims be tested through whatever the best tests are (since it should help buyers before they buy)?

The people selling those don’t have any special powers, that’s for sure, so it might be consider a scam. BUT! If the buyer believes in these things and it helps them feel better, comfort them and make them hope everything is going to be OK, all I can say is: Mission Accomplished.
There is no science behind it to prove anything related to mysticism is real (and most likely for a good reason), but hey…a lot of people believe in some mystical figure watching them every second and listening to their stupid prayers about money and love in His day off. All this because they read a book. So let’s not throw stones, it’s part of life, so might as well be part of Fiverr. I don’t mind them at all.

Archived