Can i message a top rated seller about outsourcing?

brownleo

Hi, so, I’ve been on fiverr for 3 months now and it has been a crazy experience, created gigs, had my first order, was asked to verify identity and now here i am.
I wanted to know, since i see some top rated sellers in my category having up to 20 queued orders, is it okay to send them a really sweet message asking if they could outsource, like i offer what they offer at a lower rate and in much quantity so they stand to benefit from that, is it okay? Wanted to know so i don,t end up doing something that’ll get me restricted.
Thanks

Definitely not, it would be considered spam. If just one of those Sellers report you, there’s a strong chance you could lose your account.

really? that’s bad, thought some people will consider it since it could help them, hmm anyways thanks for the reply

really? that’s bad, thought some people will consider it since it could help them, hmm anyways thanks for the reply

really? that’s bad, thought some people will consider it since it could help them

To elaborate on this a little, from the perspective of a Top Rated Seller. Here’s why we would be super angry if you messaged us in this way;

• We’re really busy. And we get around 10 to 20 new messages each day. We want to convert as many of those as we can into orders, which takes time, and pulls us away from what we’re doing. You can imagine that when I realise the message that just pulled me away from my work is actually someone pitching for their own work, I’m going to be pretty annoyed.
  • I don’t know you , and I don’t know the quality of your work. We’ve worked hard to build our reputation here on the platform, and as such, we would never risk someone else doing our work for us. What if you mess it up? That’s our reputation on the line.
  • We’ve worked really hard to make it to TRS. In order to get to TRS, we’ve taken on a lot of work, and we’re often busier than we’d like to be. But we make good money because of this. I don’t mean to be rude, but why would we want to give that money to someone else?

I admire you for being business savvy, because in other platforms, this might be ok - but definitely not here on Fiverr.

really? that’s bad, thought some people will consider it since it could help them

To elaborate on this a little, from the perspective of a Top Rated Seller. Here’s why we would be super angry if you messaged us in this way;

• We’re really busy. And we get around 10 to 20 new messages each day. We want to convert as many of those as we can into orders, which takes time, and pulls us away from what we’re doing. You can imagine that when I realise the message that just pulled me away from my work is actually someone pitching for their own work, I’m going to be pretty annoyed.
  • I don’t know you , and I don’t know the quality of your work. We’ve worked hard to build our reputation here on the platform, and as such, we would never risk someone else doing our work for us. What if you mess it up? That’s our reputation on the line.
  • We’ve worked really hard to make it to TRS. In order to get to TRS, we’ve taken on a lot of work, and we’re often busier than we’d like to be. But we make good money because of this. I don’t mean to be rude, but why would we want to give that money to someone else?

I admire you for being business savvy, because in other platforms, this might be ok - but definitely not here on Fiverr.

Oh okay, i get it now, thanks for the input, really appreciate it, you might have just saved my account!

I totally agree! Well said.

"Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.”

The above is listed as a violation under the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Archived