Do you think Fiverr should have an option to recommend services we could create?

uk1000

poll  

168 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes - An option for recommended services that a seller could create would be good.
    • No - I wouldn’t want this feature
    • I don’t know
    • Other.

Let new unique gig ideas belong to those who thought of them,

I’ve said “general” services quite a lot of times in this thread. Once more, I’m not asking for it to copy specific gigs or specific gig descriptions. General services. Yes they could put a minimum figure for the number of people with gigs for those services (like “logo design” etc) before they recommend that service name to others (whether that’s 100 or whatever). Nobody owns the idea for “logo design” or “article writing”. They’re general enough that anyone can create gigs in.

I thought it’s about automated data-driven suggestions and suggesting data-proven profitable gigs to sellers whose skill tests seem to fit the bill, which can include both general and unique gigs.

If we are only talking about something like that if seller A “proved” in the skill tests that they are skilled in writing, for example, Fiverr should suggest them creating general article writing gigs because generally, writing gigs are profitable, I’m not really sure why any of them even would need that suggestion, it would be a given, and what we are talking about.

Under those conditions, I also don’t think that Fiverr should have that option as it seems redundant then to me. If you even take a skill test in writing, you already have the idea to create a general article writing gig.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it’s about automated data-driven suggestions and suggesting data-proven profitable gigs to sellers whose skill tests seem to fit the bill, which can include both general and unique gigs.

If we are only talking about something like that if seller A “proved” in the skill tests that they are skilled in writing, for example, Fiverr should suggest them creating general article writing gigs because generally, writing gigs are profitable, I’m not really sure why any of them even would need that suggestion, it would be a given, and what we are talking about.

Under those conditions, I also don’t think that Fiverr should have that option as it seems redundant then to me. If you even take a skill test in writing, you already have the idea to create a general article writing gig.

Originally it was “profitable” but since some people objected to that, part of the way down the thread I said it’s okay not to have the “profitability” bit included in the algorithm for the recommendations. The recommendation system could still work well enough without it, and if it makes more people okay with the feature that’s good. The seller can decide for themselves from the recommended list which they think is right for them and which might make a profit for them.

edit: It was also not about copying existing unique gigs

Some skills tests probably automatically suggest a service eg. “content writing”. Others don’t really. eg. you could be good with some software but that doesn’t necessarily tell you the best services you could be offering using it and/or other software. This idea could.

I fear I’ll only be redundant myself now if I write more 🙂 Well, we’ll see if Fiverr picks up that suggestion and what it will lead to, if they do, let’s all hope it will lead to happier buyers and sellers, if so.

Hopefully fiverr doesn’t try to cater to people who can’t even decide for themselves what kind of gigs to make. :roll_eyes:

Hopefully fiverr doesn’t try to cater to people who can’t even decide for themselves what kind of gigs to make. :roll_eyes:

My nightmare scenario is for fiverr to start to insist that you take the tests. Because I’ve seen those tests on a competing platform and I’ve worked with people who were proudly touting passing them as an achievement (and a 100% verifiable and effective skill metric). It’s a matter of principle for me to ignore their existence at this point.

My nightmare scenario is for fiverr to start to insist that you take the tests. Because I’ve seen those tests on a competing platform and I’ve worked with people who were proudly touting passing them as an achievement (and a 100% verifiable and effective skill metric). It’s a matter of principle for me to ignore their existence at this point.

I am pretty sure it will not be a mandatory thing. I never took a test myself because I don’t believe they help me. I know what I am good at, my customers know it, and if they are interested in my skills I have samples ready for them. I don’t need to take a skill test to show general knowledge in something, when I have specialized samples catering to a variety of topics and requests.

So yes, pretty sure that won’t be the case. As for this thread, clearly most people are against it. I understand where the OP is coming from, he wants ideas, but as I said, you can easily get them from browsing the website. It takes less than a minute…

After seven years here and almost 4000 five star reviews, I hope I don’t need any tests to prove I am qualified in my job.

Over time it becomes easy to tell when a seller knows what they are doing. The system works well for that. In your case the examples of your art prove you are good at what you do, so a test is not a solution for lots of us.

I thought about what I wanted to do and enjoy doing vs my skillset.

Then I looked for a marketing niche through research on Fiverr, off-site blogs, YouTube, etc.

Then I created gigs that catered to that niche.

After some successes, I’d also get suggestions from my Buyers about gigs they’d like to see from me in the future…

Is this considered “old-school” now?

Archived