Is Fiverr just for fun, or is it your full-time job? [ARCHIVED]

riverr

a fresh graduate now so I’m kind of free and this is my full time but Fiverr will soon become my part-time. 🙂 I don’t intend to waste my engineering degree so the more I get from Fiverr the happier I will be but I won’t be having Fiverr as full time when I start work. On another hand, I think Fiverr is great for full time moms 🙂 So, if I decide to be one some years later, then full-time

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, most other sellers would look at my profile and say that it can’t be full-time income for me yet (based on the number of positive feedback visible on my gigs). But right now, it’s my main focus so in a way I guess you could say it’s full time. Don’t get me wrong, I have other sources of income but I’d really like to take Fiverr as far as it’ll go for me.

I will say that income is steadily increasing…perhaps not as quickly as I’d like but I can’t deny that I’ve made nearly triple this month what I made last month. Sales of and inquiries about my gigs are also increasing and the orders I’m receiving are starting to include gig extras (a promising development!). Looking forward to having an even better month next month than what I’m enjoying this month!

It’s also fun though. It’s great for sharpening my skills and professional opinions and I’ve met a lot of great people (both buyers and sellers) already! I can easily spend a day just hanging out in the forums. 🙂

So yeah, at this point it’s work and play, which takes the edge off and makes the sales I do get all the more meaningful!

Guest marsch001

It’s not full time work (as I don’t have enough or consistent orders, though it’s getting better with gig extras and the like), but right now it’s my only income so I guess it’s technically full time. I’m doing it as extra though, and will continue to use fiverr as an extra income (planning on using the money I earn as extra money for a trip sometime next year) even after I get a proper job (which will hopefully be soon!). Maybe if I promoted more etc, I’d be able to make more money, but my gigs aren’t as easily promoted as they are translation gigs and many other people can do that too. I’m hoping to expand though, but I will have to wait and see how that gig would do plus depending on a future job (I might not have time/need at all for fiverr).

Mine is now starting to become a main part of my income, even though I really don’t want it to be. I seem to be spending more time on Fiverr recently than I have in the past but I’m not going to complain about that. I think more has come through because I’ve been promoting a lot more through my own Fiverr blog.

I don’t like putting all my eggs into one basket, though. I don’t think I will ever let this become my sole income. What will happen if this place closes down in the future? What will happen if Fiverr find a reason to close your account? That is always on my mind as a freelancer, which is why I’m always looking for other markets.

I was pretty much without a job desperate for money when I discovered fiverr two weeks ago and I looked at it as probably a nice way to make an extra buck till I found a new job, but with the orders coming in and me realising that once I get my videos for my gigs up and some more gigs going (I got some planned, just trying to figure out what to charge for what etc), I could definitely see myself making this into a full-time job. I mean, the way it’s going right now I’m gonna be making about 1k in my first month. And then I figure I’ll get level 1 and level 2 a month after that, and I don’t know what that means for my sales but I can’t imagine that would bring them down.

So aiming for full-time!

I started on Fiverr for fun, it becomes a part time job, and now I think I really could do that as a full time job, since I have increasing orders!

My problem is that I have to get back to college next September and it will be very difficult to keep up! I have to figure out something 😛

• 3 months later...

I find it builds my portfolio, gives me professional experience, and prepares me for the cut-throat agent, producer, and professional world. I am learning about being professional, how to interact with all different types of people, and how to apply my skill and talent to many different types of voice-over and varied buyer requests.

The pay is far from a full time job, but I am very grateful about how much it helped me with my recent move to a new city.

I have been working on Fiverr part time for about 8 months. My business has grown since I started, and it provides some extra money each month. It is not a full time gig yet but I am hoping that it will be within 3-4 months. Just trying to learn more, and make my service a little bit better one step at a time. Great help from other sellers in the Fiverr community. Thanks!

Part time. I’m rather pleased with the rate versus the time I put in.

My experience here thus far has been very much positive.

I have a few regulars who seem to appreciate the work that I do, and I hope to meet a few more like them as time goes on.

I have been considering putting more time and focus into this to make a little more.

All the income that I’ve made so far has gone to pay down the principle on a debt that I have. When my debt is paid off, I expect to have some nice extra income to play around with, whether I will save it, invest it, go on more vacations or buy more gear. 🙂

When my main debt is gone, I may also try to pay off my car 2 or 3 times faster to save on interest and just be done with it.

I’m always trying to think of new gigs that could be special, as well as be a good balance between the time I put in and the rate that I earn.

Glad to see so many people enjoying themselves on here and earning a bit extra for themselves.

Good luck, folks. 🙂

• 7 months later...

I do it as a side job to supplement my full time income - not that I’d need to, I have a secure employment contract until retirement age, good job security, health insurance, no one to care for but myself, and not many bills to pay - but I am a homebody by nature and working on fiverr gives me the opportunity to pay for things that I don’t need but just “want” - things I don’t want to pay for with my normal salary. I also use it to support my father who is disabled and needs some money every now and then. The gratification of doing a good job feels pretty good too.

It is pretty taxing as a side job next to a full time job, though - some days I go on hiatus (a.k.a. vacation mode) deliberately just because I feel overwhelmed by orders and need time to finish pre-existing orders before being able to take on new ones.

I had planned to leave fiverr permanently with the introduction of the new horrible star rating system, but I recently dropped my phone in the toilet 😮 and now I need to buy a new one - these are the unnecessary expenses I’m talking about, the ones I wouldn’t want to finance with my normal salary, so I reconsidered my decision. 😃

I’m not full-time Fiverr, but I am a full-time freelancer. Fiverr’s my grocery money, right now, but I’m every so often I look for more gaps I can fill (or change my images, or adjust my gig title/descriptions/keywords/extras, or consider how people are using my existing gigs) and add new gig offerings or remove outdated or never-bought ones.

My average income per month is slowly but surely going up, and I’m fine with that.

• 10 months later...

Archived