Fiverr Should Take Care of Non Responsive Buyer

mahmud685

It seems that some buyer has no response for a long time for revision the task after the task is submitted and under the revision of client. I am talking about this time.

Because many times a client asks for changes but not send any changes for a long time. So the clock is ticking and time is going on.

Fiverr should think the process like other marketplace and give the buyer a specific time to send the changes for the task after submitting by seller.

It will increase both Fiverr and seller revenue. Because if there is more tasks under review and the buyer has no response, we can’t even get hired for a new job. As those jobs still not completed

Right now there is a 3 days auto-complete But remember I am not telling about this. I know about this matter. I am working here for 5+ years.

I am talking about changes client will send. It seems after sending review request client forgets to send change over a long time.

It seems that it becomes a big headache for us.

I think Fiverr should think about it.

It is my personal opinion …

I am sorry if this post confuses you 🙂

It seems that some buyer has no response for a long time for revision the task after the task is submitted and under the revision of client. I am talking about this time.

Because many times a client asks for changes but not send any changes for a long time. So the clock is ticking and time is going on.

Fiverr should think the process like other marketplace and give the buyer a specific time to send the changes for the task after submitting by seller.

It will increase both Fiverr and seller revenue. Because if there is more tasks under review and the buyer has no response, we can’t even get hired for a new job. As those jobs still not completed

Right now there is a 3 days auto-complete But remember I am not telling about this. I know about this matter. I am working here for 5+ years.

I am talking about changes client will send. It seems after sending review request client forgets to send change over a long time.

It seems that it becomes a big headache for us.

I think Fiverr should think about it.

It is my personal opinion …

I am sorry if this post confuses you 🙂

Fiverr should think the process like other marketplace and give buyer a specific time to review like 10-15 days max. Then it can be paid automatically and order will be closed.

After you deliver the order (via the Deliver Now button on the order page), the buyer has 3 days to mark it as complete or request a modification. If the buyer does nothing for 3 days, the order gets automatically marked as complete, and 14 days after that, you can withdraw your earnings.

As for review, buyers have 10 days to leave a review after the order was marked as complete.

You’re right. You are telling about common process every seller follow. Me also follow over 5+ years here.

But it seems some buyer take huge time to review and there is no time limit for them … They don’t think about this even. It seems time is ticking for an infinite time.

As a seller I can’t even request them more about it. Because there is a chance to be a bad feedback from them because they can count that cordial request as irritating …

So I think fiverr should think about this.

I’m mentioning this matter.

You’re right. You are telling about common process every seller follow. Me also follow over 5+ years here.

But it seems some buyer take huge time to review and there is no time limit for them … They don’t think about this even. It seems time is ticking for an infinite time.

As a seller I can’t even request them more about it. Because there is a chance to be a bad feedback from them because they can count that cordial request as irritating …

“Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the updated Terms of Service for the current rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

“Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to carefully read the updated Terms of Service for the current rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Thank you for your comment. But I think you misunderstand my request.

So for you again I am providing here 🙂

You are telling about common process every seller follow. Me also follow over 5+ years here.

You are telling about common process every seller follow. Me also follow over 5+ years here.

As you have now changed this I presume you now understand how it works!

You need to tell Fiverr this, then. Were just sellers and have no influence on Fiverr programming or policy.

These things happen sometimes. I would cancel and move on.

As you have now changed this I presume you now understand how it works!

I worked here 5+ years. I have changed the writing , because I think post may confuse you.

Now I have cleared all.

You need to tell Fiverr this, then. Were just sellers and have no influence on Fiverr programming or policy.

These things happen sometimes. I would cancel and move on.

With due respect , I want to tell you.

Cancel is not a solution for marketplace 🙂

Rather fiverr should think about this time , how many days client will get to send changes for a job 🙂

With due respect , I want to tell you.

Cancel is not a solution for marketplace 🙂

Rather fiverr should think about this time , how many days client will get to send changes for a job 🙂

Yes it is a solution. You can’t force a buyer to comply and buyers who behave this way are terrible to work with. It isn’t worth your time or energy.

Don’t complete orders just because you want the money or to want to avoid a lower completion rating. If someone is being too big of a problem, you lose money by trying to work it out and then dealing with their nonsense. It doesn’t make sense to do that.

Yes it is a solution. You can’t force a buyer to comply and buyers who behave this way are terrible to work with. It isn’t worth your time or energy.

Don’t complete orders just because you want the money or to want to avoid a lower completion rating. If someone is being too big of a problem, you lose money by trying to work it out and then dealing with their nonsense. It doesn’t make sense to do that.

Actually, every freelancer has their common view. You put your view on cancellation …

I put my view on under a rule as Fiverr is working with improving user experience …

So I suggest an option. But your opinion can be different as all of us run our business in own way here 🙂

Actually, every freelancer has their common view. You put your view on cancellation …

I put my view on under a rule as Fiverr is working with improving user experience …

So I suggest an option. But your opinion can be different as all of us run our business in own way here 🙂

So you want Fiverr to force people to fill out the requirements and then force them to buy?

Good luck with that.

No company can force anyone to do anything. That isn’t my opinion. That is the law.

So you want Fiverr to force people to fill out the requirements and then force them to buy?

Good luck with that.

No company can force anyone to do anything. That isn’t my opinion. That is the law.

I think you misunderstand me.

I think you don’t read my request to fiverr as site suggestion.

Actually you are thinking totally different.

I am telling here , after submit a job and client ask for change request. There should a fixed time-frame for that request. Right now there is no time-frame.

It means if client ask for a change request. He/She can easily send you request for changes after 1 year though. There is no rule for it.

I am talking about it.

I don’t know what you mean by your last reply as my request is very simple.

Client needs change , please don’t send that after 1 year rather send that in 10-15 days

I am telling here , after submit a job and client ask for change request. There should a fixed time-frame for that request. Right now there is no time-frame.

It means if client ask for a change request. He/She can easily send you request for changes after 1 year though. There is no rule for it.

I am talking about it.

Client needs change , please don’t send that after 1 year rather send that in 10-15 days

In any case, being a marketplace, Fiverr wouldn’t do what you are proposing.

I am talking about it.

That sounds like a bug, if they’re able to request a change after the order was marked as complete (and the order gets marked as complete if the buyer does nothing for 3 days, not 1 year).

That sounds like a bug, if they’re able to request a change after the order was marked as complete (and the order gets marked as complete if the buyer does nothing for 3 days, not 1 year).

May be.

My request was,

It is needed to send changes in a fixed timeframe. It may be any time , like 1 month or 2 month but surely not an year.

Right now, there is no specific time-frame. Right now without giving changes client ask for a revision …

Then they can take as much time as they want …

Like, I have a delivered a project and client ask for a revision.

It is over 25 days. He doesn’t send me any changes.

May be in this month he doesn’t send any changes.

Also when change will come there is no deadline 🙂

He can send me change after 1 year too …

There is no rules about it 🙂

No fixed timeline.

I am talking about this matter.

May be.

My request was,

It is needed to send changes in a fixed timeframe. It may be any time , like 1 month or 2 month but surely not an year.

Right now, there is no specific time-frame. Right now without giving changes client ask for a revision …

Then they can take as much time as they want …

Buyers are supposed to send the info about what they want you to change when they request a revision. Not during any time, not within a month or 2 months, but right after they click on the Request Modification button.

If they don’t, I politely remind them (if necessary, I’d also remind them that they’re supposed to tell me what they want me to change). They usually have a reason for not sending the requested information (for example, they’re waiting for feedback from their clients). If, after a day or two, they’re still not sending me the necessary information, I re-deliver the work again, and tell them that I have to send something after they request a revision, but they’re not telling me what they want, so all I can do is send them what I’ve already sent them before. I’ll do it again if I have to.

As a final solution, there’s always a cancellation (and blocking that buyer after that), but so far, it has never happened (after politely explaining them the problem, buyers tend to realize that making me wait after the deadline is seriously not ok).

I’d rather cancel than allow the buyer to make me wait for 25 days (especially since I deliver short works that are easy to quickly check, so there’s zero reason for someone to ask for a revision a month later).

Anyway, I don’t see what Fiverr can do. They can’t force the buyer to submit the information, and they can’t force the buyer to accept the delivery, either.

Buyers are supposed to send the info about what they want you to change when they request a revision. Not during any time, not within a month or 2 months, but right after they click on the Request Modification button.

If they don’t, I politely remind them (if necessary, I’d also remind them that they’re supposed to tell me what they want me to change). They usually have a reason for not sending the requested information (for example, they’re waiting for feedback from their clients). If, after a day or two, they’re still not sending me the necessary information, I re-deliver the work again, and tell them that I have to send something after they request a revision, but they’re not telling me what they want, so all I can do is send them what I’ve already sent them before. I’ll do it again if I have to.

As a final solution, there’s always a cancellation (and blocking that buyer after that), but so far, it has never happened (after politely explaining them the problem, buyers tend to realize that making me wait after the deadline is seriously not ok).

I’d rather cancel than allow the buyer to make me wait for 25 days (especially since I deliver short works that are easy to quickly check, so there’s zero reason for someone to ask for a revision a month later).

Anyway, I don’t see what Fiverr can do. They can’t force the buyer to submit the information, and they can’t force the buyer to accept the delivery, either.

There is no question about forcing buyer to accept incomplete order or order need change.

Just a timeframe for them to send necessary changes.

I don’t see any serious issue here as mostly all marketplace follow this rules now.

Because that is fruitful for both , buyers , sellers and marketplace as much as work done marketplace earn more revenue because both sellers and buyers are active.

There is a question about active, fiverr is trying to make seller active more and more and this time it can make active buyer too

That is my suggestion.

Also your opinion can be different than mine. Opinion is opinion.

But only fiverr is the right authority to take decision 🙂 We only request them.

Also, I do not agree with you on the cancellation part.

My job takes huge time to complete like if you build a website at least 7 days minimum takes if that’s complicated.

So I can’t cancel my 7 day’s hard work without any payment.

It’s not so easy for me.

Because I run my family with Fiverr earning

There is no question about forcing buyer to accept incomplete order or order need change.

I don’t see any serious issue here as mostly all marketplace follow this rules now.

Because that is fruitful for both , buyers , sellers and marketplace as much as work done marketplace earn more revenue because both sellers and buyers are active.

There is a question about active, fiverr is trying to make seller active more and more and this time it can make active buyer too

That is my suggestion.

Also your opinion can be different than mine. Opinion is opinion.

But only fiverr is the right authority to take decision 🙂 We only request them.

And how would Fiverr enforce that timeframe? What do you want Fiverr to do if the buyer doesn’t send you the necessary changes within that timeframe?

Also, I do not agree with you on the cancellation part.

My job takes huge time to complete like if you build a website at least 7 days minimum takes if that’s complicated.

So I can’t cancel my 7 day’s hard work without any payment.

It’s not so easy for me.

Because I run my family with Fiverr earning

That is why you shouldn’t do orders that large. It is super risky and not what Fiverr is intended for.

And how would Fiverr enforce that timeframe? What do you want Fiverr to do if the buyer doesn’t send you the necessary changes within that timeframe?

That depends on fiverr how they act, other marketplace in that case complete that order …

But it totally depends on fiverr.

Archived