What should I do? More work by accident

hmz4klm

Hello everyone,

I got a message from my old buyer. He asked for a custom quote. I was thinking that it’s just an easy copy paste job so I offered him it for a 10. Now I'm on the job & it's really complex. Worthy of a 30-50 but Dont know what to do. Kindly give me an advice. Should I ask for more or continue to do it for 10?
How can I ask for more $? Should I Tell him to leave it in tip? Or ?

NEVER ask or EXPECT a tip. It is up to your buyer to decide if your work is worthy of any gratuity. Also, asking for a tip may be against TOS.

Take this as a lesson for future custom orders: Ask the buyer to send over what they want you to do or get as much detail as possible so that you know the scope of the job before beginning so you give the correct quote. By going back to your seller now and saying it is more work than you anticipated and that they need to send more money, can be seen as a “bait and switch” tactic, and can lose you this buyer. They may end up wanting to cancel the order and they may complain to customer service that YOU set the parameters of the cost, and are now trying to get more money out of them.

Next time, be more diligent and detailed when gauging what a custom offer should cost the client. Continue to do the project to completion. Valuable lesson learned.

GG

NEVER ask or EXPECT a tip. It is up to your buyer to decide if your work is worthy of any gratuity. Also, asking for a tip may be against TOS.

Take this as a lesson for future custom orders: Ask the buyer to send over what they want you to do or get as much detail as possible so that you know the scope of the job before beginning so you give the correct quote. By going back to your seller now and saying it is more work than you anticipated and that they need to send more money, can be seen as a “bait and switch” tactic, and can lose you this buyer. They may end up wanting to cancel the order and they may complain to customer service that YOU set the parameters of the cost, and are now trying to get more money out of them.

Next time, be more diligent and detailed when gauging what a custom offer should cost the client. Continue to do the project to completion. Valuable lesson learned.

GG

Valuable lesson learned

True, Learned something.

Thanks for a detailed answer.

Archived