I need your support! Option for the sellers to accept the order to avoid the fake orders

backpageexpert

HI

I am providing my advertising services on fiverr for more than 3 months now, in these months i have faced many such buyers who place their order without contacting us and when i deliver their order then they say they don’t need it and ask for refund.

Such buyers leaves bad impressions on my gig or i have give up with the money i deserve for the job i have done.

So i have suggested fiverr to provide a option to the sellers using which seller also can accept or reject the order.

So that once the buyer placed the order, it will remain incomplete, now the seller will be notified about the order and if the seller accept the order then only the deadline time will start, so if later any buyers creates a problem then it will sellers responsible to satisfy his buyer.

It will resolve many problem of fake orders and will save the seller in getting stuck with such orders.

please comment and provide your suggestions too.

But the deadline time is very less just 24 hours, i have to start working as soon as i get the order.

sometime some buyers place the order and send a waste message without the required info and due to that the order keeps on getting delay due to the buyers mistake so i think such option is necessary for buyers security.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: But the deadline time is very less just 24 hours, i have to start working as soon as i get the order.

sometime some buyers place the order and send a waste message without the required info and due to that the order keeps on getting delay due to the buyers mistake so i think such option is necessary for buyers security.

backpageexpert said: But the deadline time is very less just 24 hours, i have to start working as soon as i get the order.

Hmmmm. Well there's a quick fix. Don't do 24 hour work!

If it's become a big enough issue for you to post here, you can fix part of it right away by extending your delivery time, giving you room to communicate.

Waiting for Fiverr to make a tech change isn't going to help you now. You need to rethink how you present your offer and deliver it. Buyers are always going to do things we don't like and have no control over. As a Seller it's your responsibility to mitigate issues by selling smarter.

Good luck!

Reply to @voiceoverwork: yeah i really appreciate that support and advice and but i was just thinking for something good for the sellers.

I am asking this change just because of the small deadline, i am asking this because at present time we have no control over the orders. if once the buyers placed the order then it will effect our gig either in positive or negative way so a seller should also have some control over the order so that he can select that whose order he want to do and whose order he wants to reject.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes, I agree, there needs to be a way to stop the timer when an order is held up by a complication from the buyer. In my case, two buyers were in Australia, I am in the USA. They are going to bed when I am getting up, so there is a delay in conversations. It can be a simple thing, like address clarification, that holds things up, but it’s so important to have correct information!

It would leave the door open for too much fraud and exploitation. Sellers may eventually just refuse any order that isn’t an order with extras simply to save themselves time. Others will just simply outright deny the order if the client doesn’t seem to have a good demeanor. On top of that, anything that may potentially effect Fiverr’s bottom-line profit margin generally won’t be released. I’m surprised that vacation mode came out, but that in itself is pretty limited and for good reason too. It’s a nice thought but will probably never happen as Fiverr wants to encourage impulse buys by buyers without giving them too many restrictions. This way they could order to their hearts content. If all of a sudden two of their orders are outright rejected, this in turn would hinder their profit margin as the buyer might slow down on their impulse buying & and even possibly leave altogether.

It’s a good idea and I would be all for it, but I just know the likelihood that anything like this will be very slim.

Archived