Help! I Have No Orders! - Well, Here's What I Did

cyaxrex

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you about to create a post about having no orders? Are bills piling up? Can you not afford to feed your children because of the downfall of your Fiverr career? If so, self pity will get you nowhere. What you need to do instead is take action.

Last month was my worst month on Fiverr ever. This includes my initial time as a new seller back in 2014. I’m also going to just say it. When you start working on Fiverr and are successful, you often find that Fiverr starts to make up the bulk of your freelance income.

It doesn’t matter how much you diversify. When one platform or revenue stream starts taking up the bulk of your time, you devote more time to it and others fall by the wayside.

My original moneymaker when I started freelancing as not Fiverr. Now, I make zero on that platform because of how much my focus eventually switched to Fiverr. This being the case, having the Fiverr income tap turn off can be a problem.

Because I need Fiverr to pay my rent, wear clothes, and stop my dogs from starving and trying to eat me, last month was very unpleasant. However, it was also my best month on Fiverr for a lot of non-financial reasons.

Having almost zero orders, August 2019 forced me to stand back and look at everything I do on Fiverr. When I did that, I was in shock. My gig images and videos were absolutely rubbish. While they once had been, my gigs were not optimized for the Fiverr search. To make matters worse, I couldn’t even read my gig descriptions and see the value in what I was offering.

I had also lost levels and to be honest, it was my fault.

In short, I had been lazy. Fiverr had changed a lot of things (think the fabled algorithm). However, I’d pretty much-ignored drops in new clients for months, by cruise controlling along on old-time repeat buyers. In that time, I should have been evolving my business but I hadn’t been. - So what did I do?

To be honest, I’d put off updating my gigs for years because I know that this can make gigs disappear from the search. In this case, it finally took having no orders to spur me to do this. However, I didn’t do it overnight.

First, I started exploring the Fiverr search and trending writing niches off-Fiverr. This took me over a week. During this time, I identified new niches to create gigs in and new categories to reposition my existing gigs in.

After this, I decided to revamp my gig images and videos. To do this, I spent another week researching different design styles.

My goal was to create images which entice people to click my gigs when they see them. When I discovered a style I liked, I then decided to try and make my gig images kind of uniform. When people see my gig images, I want people to realize that they are familiar to my kind of brand on Fiverr.

Next, (and this might be shock horror to some people), I increased my prices. I didn’t just up my price point though. Instead, I built-in new components into what I offer to add value. I also didn’t up the price or revamp the appearance of two reasonably selling gigs to do a kind of split test between raised as opposed to old prices.

Lastly, I started developing a marketing strategy, I say started to, as I haven’t actually put this into action yet.

As a result of all of the above, I received zero new orders. That is until at the start of September. Then I suddenly started getting messages from new buyers. Then I started getting orders. Then I started getting more orders. Then as of yesterday, my sales per month finally went up for the first time since May.

Curiously, the gigs which I did not increase the prices of or change in any way are now my most poorly performing. I can also safely say that despite a mere $5 price increase, I am attracting a higher tier of buyers.

So, what does this mean for you?

Basically, you need to realize that you have a problem. - Yes, it’s you. You are the reason you are not selling. You have got too accustomed to living off regular buyers. You haven’t spent literal weeks analyzing the search and tailoring your gigs and images and videos to attract buyers. Neither have you stood back and said to yourself, "okay, this worked before, but what I’m doing doesn’t work anymore, I need to do something about this."

My big gig revamp took me weeks, not a day, and it wasn’t the result of a forum post saying " help, I have no sells." Neither were the results immediate, However, I did get the results I wanted.

The only question is, will you?

Glad to hear your sales went up again and your efforts got results. Your revamped gigs look great. Love how minimalist the video-related ones look while making their point, much better than information overload.

Yes, it’s you. You are the reason

[…]

“okay, this worked before, but what I’m doing doesn’t work anymore, I need to do something about this.”

Yes, stand back and say that to yourself is a very good tip for staying relevant. 🙂

When looking at people’s profile pages, I often think we should have the option to drag and drop to sort our gigs like we’d want them to show up “on the roster”. No drama but would both make the profile page look neater and better direct viewers’ attention to related gigs. The more useful, the more gigs one has. I hope Fiverr has a good technical reason for not implementing that, would be a pity if it’s just because they are too lazy to look for good revamping options. 😉

Good luck with your new niche gigs!

I’ve heard that picture has done wonders for his business… and his dating life. 😉

Alas, Chico used to be a conversation starter. Then I think he figured out that when he is cute, he loses his side of the bed to a random crazy woman who vacuums up all the attention, Now he just growls when he meets someone new and sometimes goes into full bite mode.

I’m fine with that though. After most of the dates I have, it’s a relief knowing you have a chihuahua waiting at home.

I’ll also never get either dog to pose for an Eoin-like selfie. I actually think Eoin must have brought in professional dog props. Either that or he was holding a steak hostage. Well done on him though pulling it off. 😉

he just growls when he meets someone new and sometimes goes into full bite mode.

He’s your alter ego.

Bless! How long until you go the Eoinfinnegan route and include both of them in your profile picture?

I’ve heard that picture has done wonders for his business… and his dating life. 😉

Hooooold up…

The last thing I need is a younger man coming along and doing a new and improved version of the one good picture I have of myself!

The last thing I need is a younger man coming along and doing a new and improved version of the one good picture I have of myself!

I’m pretty sure you’re younger than me…? I don’t know why. I just always presumed that.

In either case, there’s no need to worry. I’m terrible at taking photos. Usually when I do, the camera also adds ten pounds, stubble, subtracts 50% of my hair, and adds a maniacal gurn or serial killer stare as a pièce de résistance of awfulness. This is why I failed at Tinder.

Basically, you need to realize that you have a problem. - Yes, it’s you. You are the reason you are not selling.

Let this quote be dipped in bronze and preserved.

We need to build a monument.🏰

I just hope you don’t get those “I read your post now help me” messages.

Yes, I enjoyed the accountability! Refreshing in the forum.

I’m pretty sure you’re younger than me…? I don’t know why. I just always presumed that.

In either case, there’s no need to worry. I’m terrible at taking photos. Usually when I do, the camera also adds ten pounds, stubble, subtracts 50% of my hair, and adds a maniacal gurn or serial killer stare as a pièce de résistance of awfulness. This is why I failed at Tinder.

I’m pretty sure you’re younger than me…?

Well, I’ve had the same pic up for four years and it wasn’t new then neither.

I’m about to turn 38 which I’m pretty sure is older than you but you may surprise me.

I’m pretty sure you’re younger than me…?

I’m about to turn 38 which I’m pretty sure is older than you but you may surprise me.

Alas, I think that this is just how things are when you are over 30. Mine is isn’t that old, though. I think it was a 2017 pic hen I last changed it. Also, it seems you are indeed older. The last time I checked I was 34.

To spent more time online on Fiverr , send Buyer request regularly

To be honest, I’d advise against doing this. I did start replying daily to a few buyer requests. Sadly, there was zero ROI. Every request I replied to ended up going the same way. A buyer pitches a budget which I’m happy to work with. However, when they respond, they state that actually, they are looking to pay a lot less.

Buyer requests is fine if you are willing to work for rock bottom prices. That isn’t me, though.

I hope you decide to keep her. She probably loves you a lot.

Of course, she does. Sadly, love doesn’t keep the lights on or sweep up the fleece of hair she seems to shed everywhere every day.

It is also nearly impossible to find an apartment where I live when you have just one dog. Couple that with the fact that rents are skyrocketing at the moment, and Dax is a kind of lovely, cuddly, economic time bomb.

I’ll also be leaving Europe after Brexit and doping that with just one dog I already hard enough. Last year, I had to scupper plans to move because my airline said they wouldn’t be able to confirm whether I could fly with Chico until on the day. If they had said no, I would have been left in an airport with nowhere to live unless I started couch surfing on Airbnb until I could find alternative flights.

It would be much easier if dogs could be afforded the same rights as human children. In most cases, they are better behaved.

Alas, I think that this is just how things are when you are over 30. Mine is isn’t that old, though. I think it was a 2017 pic hen I last changed it. Also, it seems you are indeed older. The last time I checked I was 34.

To spent more time online on Fiverr , send Buyer request regularly

To be honest, I’d advise against doing this. I did start replying daily to a few buyer requests. Sadly, there was zero ROI. Every request I replied to ended up going the same way. A buyer pitches a budget which I’m happy to work with. However, when they respond, they state that actually, they are looking to pay a lot less.

Buyer requests is fine if you are willing to work for rock bottom prices. That isn’t me, though.

I hope you decide to keep her. She probably loves you a lot.

Of course, she does. Sadly, love doesn’t keep the lights on or sweep up the fleece of hair she seems to shed everywhere every day.

It is also nearly impossible to find an apartment where I live when you have just one dog. Couple that with the fact that rents are skyrocketing at the moment, and Dax is a kind of lovely, cuddly, economic time bomb.

I’ll also be leaving Europe after Brexit and doping that with just one dog I already hard enough. Last year, I had to scupper plans to move because my airline said they wouldn’t be able to confirm whether I could fly with Chico until on the day. If they had said no, I would have been left in an airport with nowhere to live unless I started couch surfing on Airbnb until I could find alternative flights.

It would be much easier if dogs could be afforded the same rights as human children. In most cases, they are better behaved.

Every request I replied to ended up going the same way. A buyer pitches a budget which I’m happy to work with. However, when they respond, they state that actually, they are looking to pay a lot less.

Try sending a higher offer than their budget.

If they want to pay even less than their own budget said, they most probably won’t contact you, so you just wasted the time replying to the BR but not with fruitless discussions or even worse, that and ending up doing the job for less than you really can afford doing it for.

Or they might surprise you and accept for a more realistic amount than their budget was, it will be worthwhile for you, they will get something worth publishing, everyone lived happily ever after.

I don’t send offers to BRs often (I especially don’t like that there’s no expiry date option, and, of course, some are so unrealistic that you’d need to add a couple zeroes to their stated budget in your offer and that, most probably, would indeed just be throwing good time at bad opportunities) but this worked the last time I sent one last week or so, and that wasnt the first time it worked,

and at other times, it probably saved me time by them ignoring my over the budget offer. It probably depends on who else sends offers. If most besides yours are bot-like offers, they might yet consider opening the more expensive one they virtually tossed aside at first.

Of course, ignoring BR is a good option too; if you check regularly for the worthwhile ones, of course you’ll waste time on reading through those that aren’t. Though it can be fun, at least sometimes. My favourite one up to now was a guy asking people to help him move a couch.

I tried but I also not find work here at fiverr.com. I refer my two client from other platform, after this, no one hiring me.

Any body help

I tried but I also not find work here at fiverr.com. Any body help

I am not sure you read the original post. :thinking:

Because your comment does not fit with what Andy wrote. :thinking:

He talks about what he did to overcome not getting orders. 🙂

It might help you to read the post to get the help for which you are looking. 😉

Haha. Hello Andy!! (Not sure if I got the name right but way back when I had lots of time in this forum I enjoyed reading your posts)

when I had lots of time in this forum I enjoyed reading your posts

Thank you! What has got you so busy these days btw? Just Fiverr or do you have other exciting things on the go?

when I had lots of time in this forum I enjoyed reading your posts

Thank you! What has got you so busy these days btw? Just Fiverr or do you have other exciting things on the go?

Ohh I’ve had a more non-virtual (for lack of a better term) work now. Fiverr is a side for fun. I drop by once in a while. Hoping all is well! ☀️

Are you about to create a post about having no orders? Are bills piling up? Can you not afford to feed your children because of the downfall of your Fiverr career? If so, self pity will get you nowhere. What you need to do instead is take action.

Last month was my worst month on Fiverr ever. This includes my initial time as a new seller back in 2014. I’m also going to just say it. When you start working on Fiverr and are successful, you often find that Fiverr starts to make up the bulk of your freelance income.

It doesn’t matter how much you diversify. When one platform or revenue stream starts taking up the bulk of your time, you devote more time to it and others fall by the wayside.

My original moneymaker when I started freelancing as not Fiverr. Now, I make zero on that platform because of how much my focus eventually switched to Fiverr. This being the case, having the Fiverr income tap turn off can be a problem.

Because I need Fiverr to pay my rent, wear clothes, and stop my dogs from starving and trying to eat me, last month was very unpleasant. However, it was also my best month on Fiverr for a lot of non-financial reasons.

Having almost zero orders, August 2019 forced me to stand back and look at everything I do on Fiverr. When I did that, I was in shock. My gig images and videos were absolutely rubbish. While they once had been, my gigs were not optimized for the Fiverr search. To make matters worse, I couldn’t even read my gig descriptions and see the value in what I was offering.

In short, I had been lazy. Fiverr had changed a lot of things (think the fabled algorithm). However, I’d pretty much-ignored drops in new clients for months, by cruise controlling along on old-time repeat buyers. In that time, I should have been evolving my business but I hadn’t been. - So what did I do?

To be honest, I’d put off updating my gigs for years because I know that this can make gigs disappear from the search. In this case, it finally took having no orders to spur me to do this. However, I didn’t do it overnight.

First, I started exploring the Fiverr search and trending writing niches off-Fiverr. This took me over a week. During this time, I identified new niches to create gigs in and new categories to reposition my existing gigs in.

After this, I decided to revamp my gig images and videos. To do this, I spent another week researching different design styles.

My goal was to create images which entice people to click my gigs when they see them. When I discovered a style I liked, I then decided to try and make my gig images kind of uniform. When people see my gig images, I want people to realize that they are familiar to my kind of brand on Fiverr.

Next, (and this might be shock horror to some people), I increased my prices. I didn’t just up my price point though. Instead, I built-in new components into what I offer to add value. I also didn’t up the price or revamp the appearance of two reasonably selling gigs to do a kind of split test between raised as opposed to old prices.

Lastly, I started developing a marketing strategy, I say started to, as I haven’t actually put this into action yet.

As a result of all of the above, I received zero new orders. That is until at the start of September. Then I suddenly started getting messages from new buyers. Then I started getting orders. Then I started getting more orders. Then as of yesterday, my sales per month finally went up for the first time since May.

Curiously, the gigs which I did not increase the prices of or change in any way are now my most poorly performing. I can also safely say that despite a mere $5 price increase, I am attracting a higher tier of buyers.

Basically, you need to realize that you have a problem. - Yes, it’s you. You are the reason you are not selling. You have got too accustomed to living off regular buyers. You haven’t spent literal weeks analyzing the search and tailoring your gigs and images and videos to attract buyers. Neither have you stood back and said to yourself, "okay, this worked before, but what I’m doing doesn’t work anymore, I need to do something about this."

My big gig revamp took me weeks, not a day, and it wasn’t the result of a forum post saying " help, I have no sells." Neither were the results immediate, However, I did get the results I wanted.

I used to have this concern, but I’ve learned that what disappears can reappear. You can go days without an order, then get messages, get orders, etc.

I find it funny that now that my analytics are perfect, I rarely get an order.

966344219_ScreenShot2019-09-22at8_11_58PM.png.11f485bc2c484cfcfb0cc8655e2bbbd5.png

Wouldn’t it be funny if my Top Rated Seller status was returned to me?

I don’t count on it. I’m just happy with Uber, Lyft, my Wall Street investment course, and the few sales I get on Fiverr.

Having less orders and a 5-day delivery means I have more time for each order, more time for better customer service.

To be honest, I’d put off updating my gigs for years

I update my gigs daily (because I learn daily)

I know that this can make gigs disappear from the search.

When I knew this information, I will not touch my gigs again.

To be honest, I’d put off updating my gigs for years

I update my gigs daily (because I learn daily)

When I knew this information, I will not touch my gigs again.

Your gig disappears for 24 to 48 hours. However, if the improvements you make are important ones it is worh the wait.

Archived